PDA

View Full Version : Hose?????????

janelle
04-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Good Evening Ladies.
I need advice about hose. My legs have varicous veins & also have some schomberg disease(orange blotching of the skin). I would like to wear shorts & sandals, or skirts & just some tennis shoes but with all these things going on with my legs i think it would be a give away, plus a ugly site. So do a wear hose & go as light as possible or do i just have to stay with longer skirts & slacks?
Thank you for this site & for your advice.
Hugs, Janelle

Caitlintgsd
04-19-2006, 02:38 AM
You could try wearing tights. They're thicker and less revealing than hose. And available in different colors (black, tan, striped etc).

A sage GG
04-19-2006, 03:43 AM
Are you able to tan with schomberg disease? there are a varity of vericose vein treatments out there now and I've seen men as well as women do it for the same reason to wear shorts. Or in your case short skirts.

Thights are a thicker material and when I wear them the remind be of when I was a little girl. I would say in winter or colder climates thights look good and keep you warmer, but for the warm times if they are not a natural skin tone color they look a bit off. So get some for you fall and winter clothing and try as best to match you skin tone in summer and spring. You may want to tan the rest of your body to match.

janelle
04-19-2006, 05:50 PM
A Sage, thanks. i do tan some but you can see it if you look close.(close contact is what i would worry about). I really would like to wear shorts this summer so i fit in better when i go out, or do women late 40's early 50's mostly wear dresses & skirts when they go out?? I would hate to put my dressing in a slow down mode, i just feel so much like one of the girls that i don't want to lose it, if you know what i mean.
Thanks again dear & have a great night.
Janelle