PDA

View Full Version : I have a question

straightbutcurious
04-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Im new to the whole cd/ts area and i was wondering what the difference was between a male to female cd and a female to male cd

mistunderstood
04-18-2006, 08:20 PM
A Male to Female Is were a male for whatever reason weres female clothes. A Female to Male weres male clothes instead of female clothes.

straightbutcurious
04-18-2006, 08:20 PM
ok. thanks for letting me know now that question won't be bugging me anymore lol

Kieron Andrew
04-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Male to female.........is man presenting and dressing as a girl
Female to male........is girl presenting and dressing as a boy

Shiny
04-22-2006, 02:41 PM
MtoF crossdressers are males who enjoy women's clothing. There ARE no FtoM crossdressers--that is as far as society is concerned because women have been wearing men's clothing head to toe for decades now so it isn't an issue.

Kieron Andrew
04-22-2006, 02:48 PM
MtoF crossdressers are males who enjoy women's clothing. There ARE no FtoM crossdressers--that is as far as society is concerned because women have been wearing men's clothing head to toe for decades now so it isn't an issue.
excuse me!!!! i AM a FTM, i do not appreciate you saying there are no FTM cos there are, i am transitioning to be male so there for i am going from female to male, hense FTM!!!!! and to say it is not a issue is totally rubbish!!!!!

Tamara Croft
04-22-2006, 02:57 PM
MtoF crossdressers are males who enjoy women's clothing. There ARE no FtoM crossdressers--that is as far as society is concerned because women have been wearing men's clothing head to toe for decades now so it isn't an issue.WOW, where did you get that information from?? Do you know what gender dysphoria is?? what a :lame: stereotypical answer..... I think you need to go re-educate yourself before insulting the FTM members of this forum again.

Kieron Andrew
04-22-2006, 02:59 PM
plus i would appreciate it as Mod of this section that she didnt post in here again, unless she has something valid and helpful to say!

sparks
04-22-2006, 03:07 PM
Wow! Are we not supposed to be open minded on this site. To come out and insult FTM like that are you nuts or just inconsiderate? This is a place where we are supposed to be able to go to escape narrowmindedness. If I want company like this I just need to handg out with the hicks in town here. Who still think it's funny to beat up the "queers" on Saturday night. Grow up and think before you type. Many here have spent many a teary night dealing with who they are and come here to feel fine again. Comments like "MtoF crossdressers are males who enjoy women's clothing. There ARE no FtoM crossdressers--that is as far as society is concerned because women have been wearing men's clothing head to toe for decades now so it isn't an issue."
are as stupid as those who write them.

sparro
04-22-2006, 03:07 PM

That is an extremely short sighted and frustrating comment you just made there. It's also extremely rude. Don't lash out at us for whatever your reason.
Women have been wearing PANTS. Not mens pants. Women's pants. Women's shirts. When a woman starts dressing in mens clothes, getting their hair cut into manly cuts, changing their voice, taking testosterone, binding their breast, then they get noticed in the same way you do wearing a dress, and a wig, implants, and makeup. It's an attitude and intention, not the clothes, that makes the difference. And that difference has given FtMs just as much trouble as MtFs in history. Girls wearing boys shirts or pants is just fashion. To say that what you do is valid and we do is not is not only ignorant, but just plane unnecessary.

There is a huge difference between a woman in pants and an FtM. If you can't see this, or won't, then just keep your comments to yourself.

tonigirl
04-22-2006, 04:57 PM

Obviously you don't get out enough.
Try meeting more people. Or, perhaps, they all pass in your eyes.

Shiny
04-22-2006, 05:26 PM
I am very sorry if my last post offended anyone, I certainly do not EVER intend to offend ANYONE! I was just mentioning an aspect of socital mores that are prevalent these days, that is all. Don't beat up on me because I did not make the rules, I was only commenting on them. You must admit it is far easier for a woman to appear in pants and a man's shirt than a man to appear in a skirt or dress. Really! I still contend it isn't as much of a "raw nerve" issue for FtoM as it is for MtoF that's all.

It is just that in most (medical) journals (Jama American, and the British version The Lancet) and publications (the DSMIII, DSMIV from the American Psychological Assoc.) among others the "CD" issue is almost always mentioned as MtoF (crimanally--in earlier years or psychologically). I have known many women who wear mens clothing almost exclusively and not "women's" jeans, shirts etc... either. I am not myopic or bullying and do not have a problem with it and I greatly respect all of them. I do not judge, because what they (or I) do is nobody's business.

If I am wrong, I apologize. I just call 'em like I see 'em. Either way, my gaining understanding through other's opinions has been helpful. I am sorry once again if I offended anyone. I sure didn't expect my comment to be the "John Lennon--bigger than Christ" firebrand!

Shiny
04-22-2006, 05:49 PM
I would also like to note that the original question posed was about "CDing" or as I understand it to mean: Cross Dressing. Cross dressing ONLY! That is what I was commenting on. Cross Dressing---ONLY.

As far as some of you folks that are actually transitioning into actual males from the female gender I will admit right now that I do not have experience in that area. And, I would never, ever, say anything intentionally to hurt or offend ANYONE Male or Female who is in that circumstance. That is a far greater hurdle than simply cross dressing and I well know that. They have life tough enough as it is and I would never take a stab at ANYONE or to hurt anyone's feelings because I am not like that. And if any of you think I am rude or mean--shame on you! You're just picking a fight! I was only commenting on cross dressing and not gender reassignment. I didn't mean any offence to anyone. Once again, I apologize.

Tamara Croft
04-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Shiny you are still wrong, just because a woman wears trousers, does NOT mean she is a crossdresser. As for picking a fight, you would do well to get your facts straight before posting FTM's don't exist.

CaptLex
04-22-2006, 06:25 PM
It is just that in most (medical) journals (Jama American, and the British version The Lancet) and publications (the DSMIII, DSMIV from the American Psychological Assoc.) among others the "CD" issue is almost always mentioned as MtoF . . . .
Instead of checking out the medical journals, I suggest you read the answers to the previous thread you started in the FtM forum ("Sissy vs. Tomboy"). This will clarify for you exactly how serious this issue is for us, and might give you a better idea of the terminology we use. Did you start that thread because you were really interested in that discussion, or just to give us your wisdom?

For the record, not all women that wear pants are crossdressers, and TS/TG FtMs can also consider themselves crossdressers. :fim: Also, if you open your mouth without getting information first, you're the one that's starting the fight and others can't be blamed for defending themselves. :nono:

mistunderstood
04-22-2006, 06:51 PM
This is the kinda stuff we have to contend with. Yes I read a lot of stuff on-line on Cd'ing and you are right most of the stuff is about M2F.
I am tired of being a after thought,a tacked on paragraft to the DSM4 or 5 what ever number it is on. I am a F2M and I am here to stay.
So please when you post be sure to use some common cents and watch what you say on this side of the forum. Cd'ing and transitioning is just as important to us as it is important to you.

Shiny
04-22-2006, 06:55 PM
I have tried to be understanding and apologetic and still I take more Jibes. I guess that's the way it goes. Again, I apologize and will say that this issue (according to the folks in here) has become a double-edged sword so I will bow to the consensus because there is no way to converse further on the subject. It is obviously a more convoluted subject and concept than MtoF cross dressing. Again, I meant no disrespect and would hope you have the decorum to at least appreciate that.

Isn't this why this forum is here? To learn and gain a greater understanding of a common ideology and thought we all share and live with?

CaptLex
04-22-2006, 07:19 PM
Isn't this why this forum is here? To learn and gain a greater understanding of a common ideology and thought we all share and live with?
Yes, absolutely - to learn, not to pass judgement. And now I think we should drop the subject.

Kieron Andrew
04-22-2006, 07:20 PM
i agree!............im gonna close this thread its getting stupid!!