PDA

View Full Version : club idea

rhonda jane
04-19-2006, 05:43 AM
I've noticed that there are several Baby Boomer CDers here. We've all probably got many similar experiences. Since there are many things we can relate to that the younger CD's have no idea of; it seems like a club for us Boomers might have its merits. I don't have the time or skills to organize such an organization but I'd be interested if it were to suddenly appear here. Any other ideas?

GypsyKaren
04-19-2006, 08:26 AM
If we had a club for our generation we'd also have to have one for the youngsters, and I'd have to moderate it. I don't understand young people, they wear their jeans with the crotches down to their knees, and that stuff they listen to, you call that music? Do you now see what's happening? Just the thought of such things is turning me into my father, which will require immediate euthynization, or at the very least spaying. Sorry, I don't see it happening.

Karen

ChristineRenee
04-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Well I'm a Boomer...but I have to agree with Karen here. We have an awful lot of sections and subsections on this site as it is. My concern with this would be...the additional moderating aside...that we are "marginalizing" within our own community...the "let's just associate with our own" kind of thing, if you will. I just think that the strength of this community is it's diversity, and the mutual respect that we all have for that and each other's opinions and commentary. Just my opinion here, but I don't think more sectional "treehouses" is in the best interest of this site, and community, as a whole.

Once again...just my 0.02worth.

Faye Emmette
04-19-2006, 09:34 AM
Sorry Rhonda, I aggre with the above.
We all get on well with each other and though different eras have different backgrounds, this helps us to give and take help and information.
Peace and Love to all here.:kissing: