PDA

View Full Version : eerie name advice

BrookeMckayla
04-19-2006, 07:14 AM
ok girlz this one is kinda strange.

The other day we were out doing Spring cleanup at our new house. We just moved in last September. My father brought his bulldozer and excavator over to dig some trenches for all the standing water we are noticing in our backyard and do some serious landscaping.

Back in the woods, in a place where there had previously been a lot of brush, we found a little grave. A little cross with plastic flowers at the base. Somebodies pet?

So we asked the neighbors if they know about it and what they can tell us about it. They knew. About 30 years ago, the grandma who was living with residents here went to visit New York City. While she was there she was murdered. They buried her ashes in the backyard here and that was what we found.

The eerie part. . . .I just came up with my last name about a month ago. The Brooke part is from the first street I lived on . . .I couldn't think of a good last name. And then it hit me, McKayla. . . .yeah, that'll work.

The name on the grave! "McKayla" !!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

OMG what do I do?! I'm thinking about changing my last name. Everytime I say it, I think of this little old lady being murdered and buried in my backyard and then me esoterically pulling this last name from the ether. It's a little unsettling.

Would it bother you?

Phyliss
04-19-2006, 07:32 AM
Look on the positive side. Presuming you don't know anything about "the little old lady" other than she was "done in" you could make up some sort of "story" about her and her approval of you and you're taking her name to honor her.

Without your realizing anything about her you had taken that name, so I suggest you keep it and don't beat yourself up about it.

Odd, I'll admit, but then, there are many strange things that happen. I just stand back in wonder and watch it all.

Faye Emmette
04-19-2006, 07:35 AM
... But I wouldn't change my name. Don't think of the final day for that lady, think of the years of being a woman and dressing up in her finery for a night out in the post-WWII era and subsequent years.
Maybe, if you feel like it, you can change your name in twenty years or so.
Absorb the good from the coincidence.:)

Jamie M
04-19-2006, 07:38 AM
the most wonderful thing about we what do is that we're not stuck with one image , we're not nailed down with a name given to us by somebody else . if we wanna change what we call ourselves well we just do it , no mucking about with deed polls or anything , talk about freedom :D

I gotta admit that this would probably make me feel a little wierd but hey that's just me . if you're happy with it , stay with it , if not change it .

Annaliese
04-19-2006, 07:45 AM
ok girlz this one is kinda strange.

The other day we were out doing Spring cleanup at our new house. We just moved in last September. My father brought his bulldozer and excavator over to dig some trenches for all the standing water we are noticing in our backyard and do some serious landscaping.

Back in the woods, in a place where there had previously been a lot of brush, we found a little grave. A little cross with plastic flowers at the base. Somebodies pet?

So we asked the neighbors if they know about it and what they can tell us about it. They knew. About 30 years ago, the grandma who was living with residents here went to visit New York City. While she was there she was murdered. They buried her ashes in the backyard here and that was what we found.

The eerie part. . . .I just came up with my last name about a month ago. The Brooke part is from the first street I lived on . . .I couldn't think of a good last name. And then it hit me, McKayla. . . .yeah, that'll work.

The name on the grave! "McKayla" !!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

OMG what do I do?! I'm thinking about changing my last name. Everytime I say it, I think of this little old lady being murdered and buried in my backyard and then me esoterically pulling this last name from the ether. It's a little unsettling.

Would it bother you?
I belive that there is a reason for everything, I would keep the name.

Anna

Wendy me
04-19-2006, 08:02 AM
keep the name ......don't visit New York City...........

Casey Morgan
04-19-2006, 08:12 AM
I don't think it would bother me. It is an odd coincidence, but that's all. And even if you let your imagination go, the "connection" isn't sinister. Poor McKayla has been there for so many years, neglected. With the two of you sharing a name, perhaps it lets her be something other than a "dead old lady". She's a person now.

Heck, maybe she put the name suggestion in your head as a way to break the ice. It's one heck of a conversation starter. "Hi McKayla, I'm Brooke McKayla."

Keep the name and think of it as one more interesting story to tell.

Melora
04-19-2006, 11:41 AM
WOW! What a coincidance!

DonnaT
04-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Maybe a reincarnation thingy going on? How old are you Brooke? 35?

Anahis
04-19-2006, 08:31 PM
WOW, that's kinda spooky.

Teresa Amina
04-19-2006, 09:11 PM
Nice to get a little help from "beyond"! Keep the name, she's probably flattered.:)

Jacqui
04-19-2006, 09:16 PM
If it was me, I would change my first name to "Ashley" to complete the circle.... Ashley McKayla...sounds great!

BrookeMckayla
04-20-2006, 06:55 AM
keep the name ......don't visit New York City...........

:cheeky:

BrookeMckayla
04-20-2006, 06:56 AM
Maybe a reincarnation thingy going on? How old are you Brooke? 35?

Yes. 35. I think I know where you're going with that . . .freaky.

BrookeMckayla
04-20-2006, 07:01 AM
Thanks all for the comments. I feel the whole range of comments and can relate to them all.

Ya know what else is funny about all this, is it almost caused me to 'out' myself. I was telling the 'we found this grave' story to co-workers (minus the Mckayla part). When I was finished telling my story I started to say 'and you know what's really funny? . . . ' then quickly realized I can't tell them that part of the story! OOPS!

It was close. I almost said it.