PDA

View Full Version : Piercing your ears

Sharon
11-08-2004, 02:10 AM
I'm seriously considering having my ears pierced since I'm pretty dissatisfied with clip-ons. Has anyone who still lives the major part of their life as male, especially those of us in our forties or fifties, had it done without arrousing questions? I'm not ready to come out of the closet yet, if ever, but I really(!) want to get some diamond studs! :eek:

Rachel Ann
11-08-2004, 02:34 AM
Well, Sharon, I don't know what it's like in Pennsylvania, but in these parts pierced ears on men seem to attract no attention at all.

For a while in the 70s and 80s it was the fashion for men to wear one earring (remember Jimmy Smits in LA Law?). For some reason it was right ear for gays, left ear for straights at the time. Now kids are getting pierced in all sorts of strange places.

So, at age 59 I plan on getting my ears pierced (the old hole grew over long ago) and I have less anxiety about that than I do about buying lingerie!

Lily_gg
11-08-2004, 05:43 AM
Just make sure you go to a proper piercing place and have them done with a needle, not with a gun at a hairdressers/accessories shop or somewhere - they'll heal quicker, and you'll have less problems with them in future years - the guns kind of bruise the flesh as they pierce, not good!

Nikki A.
11-08-2004, 08:05 AM
I had my left ear pierced at 45. Anyone asked mid life crisis, couldn't afford the Vette. No questions no problems.

Julie
11-08-2004, 08:30 AM
Still only have my left ear pierced but I wouldn't have any problems in going to get the other one done.

Julie J

JoannaDees
11-08-2004, 10:32 AM
I just got my ears pierced a month ago or so. I've not had any comments except positive. And yes, the mid-life crisis thing works, as well as "Because I wanted to." with the look of "any other questions?" :cool:

Now, the anklet, that's another story. I have had a comment about that ... my reaction was no comment.

Next is the belly ring .... maybe.

Love,
Joanna

MrforNow
11-08-2004, 01:10 PM
As many others have said, I don't think it would even be noticed much. I've had two in my left ear for several years. I have yet to do the right one, but I will soon. As for other piercings, not my thing.

Jennifer Ivy
11-08-2004, 01:43 PM
I'm 48 and got both ears done two days ago. So far the only comments have been "Cool!". No one has demanded any explanation. It's a subtle little difference, but I feel better about myself now that I can wear "real" earrings. At least I will be able to 4-6 weeks from now! giggles

LilMsShy1
11-08-2004, 07:11 PM
Hi Girls,

Had my left ear pierced since I was 15 (33 now), just pierced my right 1 yesterday morning! The wife & I went out Friday night & I got a nice set of 14KT White Gold Balls, very simple, very basic, I love em! Sunday Morning I placed 2 cubes of ice in a ziplock baggie, sat down @ the kitchen table, the wife held the ice 2 my ear for about 5 mins, alcoholed up a new sewing needle & bam, stuck it thru! That was it, pulled the needle out, stuck the new ear ring in & I was set. No pain, no irritaion & they look great! I wore them to work today & no 1 said a word! Having both done really does make me feel all the more fem...

I love being a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Brianne

Bernadina
11-08-2004, 08:27 PM
I'm seriously considering having my ears pierced since I'm pretty dissatisfied with clip-ons. Has anyone who still lives the major part of their life as male, especially those of us in our forties or fifties, had it done without arrousing questions? I'm not ready to come out of the closet yet, if ever, but I really(!) want to get some diamond studs! :eek:
I had it done for both ears in my fifties. And wear small diamond studs with scew on backs 24/7 except when dressed. A couple of clients sort of noticed and one said something but nothing negative.

Had it done Xmas eve about 2 years ago. Am male 99 % of the time.

Jerry
11-08-2004, 10:29 PM
As a 45 year old father of 3 and an engineer in a professional construction business I still have my own conformist hangups. Ya'll are so cool. I haven't and don't know if I could. Want to? Oh, yeah! What could be better that some dangly earrings when I have a gown on? Sigh. Jerry

JennyCD
11-08-2004, 10:31 PM
As a 45 year old father of 3 and an engineer in a professional construction business I still have my own conformist hangups. Ya'll are so cool. I haven't and don't know if I could. Want to? Oh, yeah! What could be better that some dangly earrings when I have a gown on? Sigh. Jerry

Oh come on Jerry, be a non-conformist, just like the rest of us. :)

JoannaDees
11-08-2004, 10:35 PM

Just do it! I'd bet there'd nary be a word of criticism.

JoannaDees
11-08-2004, 10:36 PM
I'm 48 and got both ears done two days ago. So far the only comments have been "Cool!". No one has demanded any explanation. It's a subtle little difference, but I feel better about myself now that I can wear "real" earrings. At least I will be able to 4-6 weeks from now! giggles

Just make sure you have the patience to wait. I did not, and boy oh boy putting those little studs back in with my big bumbling fingers!

Sharon
11-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Just like Allison UK, I have two piercings in one ear and one in the other. This week I'm going to get one more, so I have two in each ear.
However, if you are worried, which you don't seem to be, you could do more than just pierced ears; you could buy some cooler, edgier clothes, and maybe get a hipper haircut. Then, your image change would be more comprehensive, and the ear piercings would be part of a package, not the whole issue.

Love

G

My hair's been shoulder length, or close to it since 1970 or so, when I would have been 15. You mean I ain't cool? ;)

Sharon
11-08-2004, 10:43 PM
I just got my ears pierced a month ago or so. I've not had any comments except positive. And yes, the mid-life crisis thing works, as well as "Because I wanted to." with the look of "any other questions?" :cool:

Now, the anklet, that's another story. I have had a comment about that ... my reaction was no comment.

Next is the belly ring .... maybe.

Love,
Joanna

I've worn a white pearl anklet for about two years now. Many, many comments, but I just pass it off as a gift from a girlfriend or just shrug it off. No interest in the belly ring at all. On my stomach it would look like a snowflake on a hill(I was going to say "mountain", but it's not that bad. :eek:

racquel
11-09-2004, 02:17 AM
did both ears last year,am very happy i did, wish id have done it years ago.no one cares just do it and you will see.you will love it.

LindaTS
11-09-2004, 04:24 PM
I've had my ears pierced for about 25 years now and no one has ever said a word about it. And my stepson didn't see anything until my wife said something to him. No problems at all. Linda

Bernadina
11-10-2004, 10:29 AM
If you've got a moment, check out this poll on piercing.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1751

Georgette
11-10-2004, 12:41 PM
Here where I live it is a 55plus community it is not uncommon to see quite a few men with thier ears periced I am serouisly thinking about have to convince the wife though my son is working on her. ;)
Hugs :)

Be who you want to be not what others think you should be :rolleyes: