PDA

View Full Version : Just Gushing

Rachel Ann
11-08-2004, 04:06 AM
These months have been a whirlwind of learning about myself and imagining horizons that I had never dreamed of before. Thanks to so many of you for helping and encouraging me with this! Sometimes I stop to think (but not question) what draws me to letting Rachel take center stage more and more.

So, one of the things I like best about being a girl:

Due to various circumstances, I haven’t touched or been touched by anyone in the past few years. I can live without sex but I am *starved* for affection!

A woman may kiss whom she likes, but a man does so at his peril. This is sometimes true for hugs as well, and sometimes for cuddling (huggles, anyone?).

Being in girl mode should at last give me a chance to use language, gestures and touches of endearment and affection! I have always been too sentimental, romantic and affectionate for a guy anyway. (Now, if I could only learn how to cry . . .)

Love, hugs, and kisses, to all of you <3

babe4life
11-08-2004, 04:30 AM
Hi Rachel!!

:D

It has been a fun ride, hasn't it? And as for the crying thing, I have several sure fire solutions for you ...

1) Onions. Works brilliantly every time for me. Unfortunately, not being able to see while cooking has its downsides too.

2) Tweezers. I have only heard about this technique, but I can imagine it to be very effective. You have a pair of tweezers in your pocket (if you have something with pockets) with the pincers in place over that all too delicate portion of the anatomy. When it comes time for waterworks, close said pincers *very* tightly around portion of said anatomy :)

Luv ya bye bye!

Love,
Vicky

Julie
11-08-2004, 06:07 AM
Rachel, as men we have to learn to forget what has been drilled into us that boys must be strong and must not cry, only then will one be able to open the floodgates.

Vicky, what are you on today? :D

Julie J

Sharon
11-08-2004, 06:14 AM
[

2) Tweezers. I have only heard about this technique, but I can imagine it to be very effective. You have a pair of tweezers in your pocket (if you have something with pockets) with the pincers in place over that all too delicate portion of the anatomy. When it comes time for waterworks, close said pincers *very* tightly around portion of said anatomy :)

Luv ya bye bye!

Love,
Vicky[/QUOTE]

OMG! :eek:

babe4life
11-08-2004, 06:27 AM
:D

Could not resist!!

I am sure I heard the first technique discussed with Oprah Winfrey had to cry in a movie and she just couldn't do it. They tried everything! LOL

As for the second. I think that came via Joey in Friends ... :D And that should really explain everything ...

As for what am I on? I have no idea. Maybe that extra dose of Spirulina this morning did something for me? And only one cup of coffee too! :eek:. Speaking of which ... I NEED MORE! :p

Love,
Vicky

JoannaDees
11-08-2004, 10:40 AM
I cry occasionally when thinking of something sad. I've learned it is not a flaw in myself, and let it happen. Afterwards, I feel much better. One thing I've learned in therapy, just let the emotions be there, don't fight them, let them take their course. Anybody remember the Everybody Loves Raymond episode when the wife was crying just because she needed a good cry?

Hugs,
Joanna

Tristen Cox
11-08-2004, 07:47 PM
These months have been a whirlwind of learning about myself and imagining horizons that I had never dreamed of before. Thanks to so many of you for helping and encouraging me with this! Sometimes I stop to think (but not question) what draws me to letting Rachel take center stage more and more.

So, one of the things I like best about being a girl:

Due to various circumstances, I haven’t touched or been touched by anyone in the past few years. I can live without sex but I am *starved* for affection!

A woman may kiss whom she likes, but a man does so at his peril. This is sometimes true for hugs as well, and sometimes for cuddling (huggles, anyone?).

Being in girl mode should at last give me a chance to use language, gestures and touches of endearment and affection! I have always been too sentimental, romantic and affectionate for a guy anyway. (Now, if I could only learn how to cry . . .)

Love, hugs, and kisses, to all of you <3

Couldn't have said that better Rachel, Sad to say I know all too well what you mean by self experience.

so for you **HUGGLES**
At least here I can do that freely and no one says booo about it.

Love
Tristen

Rachel Ann
11-18-2004, 03:26 AM
Girls, thank you all for your sweet and cute remarks. A bit tardy because I neglected to subscribe to my own thread :o

Vicky, Sharon - I think the tweezers approach might generate some tears but only after a EEEEEYOWWWWWW! Sorry, I don't SI. Yes if it is a Joey thing then it *does* explain everything.

*huggles*, Tristen

Julie J, Joanna - Yes, I understand that I want to cry but must overcome a lifetime of male conditioning not to. There is a "wall of tears" back there containing all the sorrows of my life. I have been working on this one for a long time and hope that Rachel can do a better job with it than Rick has.

Julie M - Yes we must all remember to take time to kill the roses. BAD Rachel *slaps self repeatedly*.

Love

Wenda
11-18-2004, 10:28 PM
Something in this thread touched me...I had to read it twice...maybe being alone gives us the opportunity or the need or the desire to explore our femme side. My ex and I went 14 years without making love, and I accepted the load for it. I met and was with a very attractive and intelligent lady who re-awakened all of my senses and desires. I have always worked with more women than men, and don't have many of the stereotypical 'guy' hang-ups. After I rediscovered dressing this year, however, I felt that an additional aspect of my personality was awakened. I took more notice of new hair styles, weight loss, and dress for example.
Opening the gates of tears is at least one more level of emotion. It isn't something that I seek, but, neither is it an emotion that I shun. There are times when a really deep profound cry is the best solution for a situation. AS the song says, just 'let it be'. Don't chase the emotion, just embrace it when you recognize it, and it will be very profound. luv, wenda.

JennyCD
11-18-2004, 10:33 PM
Before I was treated for depression,crying was something I NEVER did.Ever.During treatment I learned that suppressing emotions was one of the most emotionally dangerous things a person can do to themselves.It took many months before I was able to "open up" that wall I hid all the emotional stuff behind. It was the healthiest thing I ever did for myself.

JoannaDees
11-19-2004, 04:17 AM
Rachel,

I think you need a makeover, a girly experience. Maybe you'll get it one day ... like Wednesday?

Hugs,
Joanna

Rachel Ann
11-19-2004, 04:43 AM
Works for me :)

Wendy me
11-19-2004, 07:40 AM
his side like a rock tears no fuc_ken way cut ,burnt,broken bones, shot once (buck shot in the leg) freinds killed ,family dead,pets.........on the fire dept. dead people just "part of the job" never cries. two feelings happy or in a rage...........................

wendy water works i can cry for being happy ,sad,somethimes just thinking of some of you grils with troubles i cry sometims wendy "needs a good cry to feel ok"

we talked abought this in thearpy my thearpest says we need to let him know it's ok for "him" to cry and show some feelings too.