PDA

View Full Version : A Freudian slip?

Marika
04-19-2006, 04:37 PM
I have been dressed this evening as my wife is out. I was not sure when she would be back so I changed early. Later I had a drink and realised that I had not removed my lipstick. I feel very conflicted. A strong wish that I had not realised and had been forced into admitting my "secret" and equally strong fear about what this could have done. Has this happened to anyone else?

Lilith Moon
04-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Yes, several times before I told my wife. I inadvertantly left some obvious clues around and wondered how could I have really done these things accidentally. The lipstick in the bathroom, the panties on the bed in the spare room and so on.

Annaliese
04-19-2006, 05:09 PM
I have been dressed this evening as my wife is out. I was not sure when she would be back so I changed early. Later I had a drink and realised that I had not removed my lipstick. I feel very conflicted. A strong wish that I had not realised and had been forced into admitting my "secret" and equally strong fear about what this could have done. Has this happened to anyone else?
Came back from a conference and had left tracies of my make up on. My wife notice right off so we had a talk a long talk after she had me bring all my gril things home. When they say to tell the truth from the start it is true. Is it that we want to get caught.

I have wonder if any of the other on the plane noitce.
Anna

Megan_Renee
04-19-2006, 05:21 PM
I've done stuff like this a few times... one time it was mascara... another time it was lipstick... another time it was an entire dress... ok, so that last one was a lie. But my wife has known for a while now. I wish she were more comfortable with it, but she knows at least.

The slips let her know I'm Me(gan) during the day...

Megan

Nigella
04-19-2006, 05:27 PM
I think there is always that little person inside that wants to tell. Its like when you was little and you had a secret, you knew it should not be told but what did we do, but of course in the end we did.

Of course we have all grown up (well most of us), but that little "forgetfullness" is still our way of saying "I've got a secret and I want to tell"

EricaCD
04-19-2006, 06:07 PM
I will tell you that getting careless in this way was the single worst mistake of my married life. Not because my wife found out (true) and it ruined our marriage (not true). Rather, I was forcing her to raise the issue rather than doing it myself.

The posts by our long suffering GGs should make quite clear that learning about a husband's CDing is at least as traumatic for them as disclosing is for us. It only adds to the trauma if, due to a lack of our own courage, we facilitate their inadvertent discovery. Five years later, I still feel positively wretched for having done this (and I was not even conscious that this is what I was doing!).

If you are going to tell, tell. I'd suggest tonight. (No reason to let your stomach stay upset for weeks and weeks.) If not, then do your absolute damndest to keep the secret.

I have no right whatsoever to lecture you on this topic. Please accept this in the spirit offered - a warning from someone who learned the hard way.

Best,
Erica

Karren H
04-19-2006, 07:09 PM

YES Way too many times up until the time I was outed by the skirts i left in my closet!!! Ekkkkkk Just got too comfortable I guess.

Love Karren

Karinna
04-19-2006, 07:50 PM
That box made of carton left inadvertently in the closet...
"What's in there?" She said. "Bah... aquarium stuff" i baffled, it wasn't appropriate to "open it" up now. Not so later, the curiosity of my tiger wife combined with my distractions have bring the feline and the carton box together alone. "So what's inside?" She must have whisper quietly roared. Not wet aquarium equipment, but her cloths with makeup! What a shock it must have be. Shame on me.

CharlaineCadence
04-19-2006, 08:19 PM
For me I was outed when my first wife caught me crying holding her wedding dress. ( i amde it for her) she sat next to me and comferted me then we talked all night the went shopping the next day she was very supportive of me and understood that I was a woman traped in a mans body. She helped me the best was she could. It for me was great finding out later on that her father was a crossdresser. He told me shortly after she was killed when he came over to check on me. seems she talked to him to get some stuff i would need. we staied close but havent talked to him since 99. wounder if hes on the site

Denise_Z
04-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Not another slip thread!

Clare
04-20-2006, 12:24 AM
Too many times for comfort!

I 've had my best mate's Father come across the road to visit me whilst I had nail polish on, so as he walked inside, I started washing the dishes to keep my hands in the water!

But I been caught unawares with pink lip gloss on (but almost worn off), mascara in a natural shade (but it was the curled eyelashes I was concerned about), those sorts of things.

Recently I left femme clothes/undies on top the spare bed with some other drab clothes as my Dad never goes into that room. Wrong! I walked past and noticed him in there and he still didn't see my femme stuff! God i'm getting careless!

allisonrn06
04-20-2006, 07:19 AM
I frequently get partially dressed when my wife is home sleeping,and I too have kind of hoped at times that she would catch me so that I could talk to her about it again(the last time we did was before we were married 5 yrs ago)
while at the same time dreading what would happen if she did. So what I always end up doing is if I even think i hear her getting up is quickly throw socks over my hose or hurry up and log off the forum.

sharifemme
04-20-2006, 07:44 AM
Gee...

I have worn a bra, full but light coverage makeup, women's shoes, and riders jeans to work, shopping, everywhere, and nobody seems to notice. The only comments I get are when I wear ANY kind of earrings to work even in total male mode. Then just a comment from the dept. redneck idiot that I decided to wear them that day. He'll also make fun of my long, curly hair, but then he's about bald and is probably jealous!

Sharifemme