PDA

View Full Version : Was It A Compliment?

Clare
04-20-2006, 12:13 AM
I was at Badminton last night and whilst on court warming up for a match, the woman I was playing with said I have nice legs! I looked at her bemusedly and she said you also bend at the knees and walk just like a woman!

Huh? How was I going to answer that? I have waxed legs which are in reasonable shape, so yeah I guess they look ok. I responded that I have to take care of an old lower back injury (true) which is why I crouch down on both legs to pick things up. After the match, I asked her why she said the things earlier. Apparently, she thinks I stand with my knees together, feet slightly apart and hips shifted to one side as women do! Well, I don't know about that so much, but i'll be a bit more conscious of my posture in future!

This Lady must be very observant or she "suspects" something. Maybe it was the female deodarant I was using that gave me away?

CharlaineCadence
04-20-2006, 12:36 AM
I talk to this wounderful older woman all the time who one day asked me right out of the blue if I was a woman at home. I looked at her dumbfounded and slightly scared. She then went it telling me all about the feminen thing i do and look. I just stod their. finally I opened up to her and said yes I am only a man at work for mow untill i get a new job as a woman. She just smiled and hugged me thaought it was great. We talk even more now then ever.

Bev06 GG
04-20-2006, 01:01 AM
This Lady must be very observant or she "suspects" something. Maybe it was the female deodarant I was using that gave me away?
Probably both, but let me say, women are very observant. Men and women hold themselves very differently and body language can be a dead giveaway. My partners body gestures etc are completely different when dressed and noticeably so. Obviously your in femme mode even when not dressed and most women who are in close contact with you will notice that.
Take care
BEVxxx

Faye Emmette
04-20-2006, 02:23 AM
I think the smooth legs and Mum deodorant might get anybody to thinking and then look some more for some clues .. like stance and gait.
She probably suspects so just relax with it if it's not going to affect the usual; family, friends & work.
And feel happy you've passed a bit as a woman without even trying.

Zelda Noe
04-20-2006, 02:39 AM
Hi Clare :wave2:

Neat...

Looks like she figured you out... :whew!: :blushing:

We wish it could happen to us...now you have a point of conversation to talk more about...

Smiles, Dandy :happy:

Gail Stauffer
04-20-2006, 02:55 AM
hard to know, but just probably being observant, we hope for you that she doesn't know!!

Angela Burke
04-20-2006, 03:37 AM
Maybe that little badminton skirt you were wearing gave the game away!
Take all the compliments you can get!
And save them up so you can remember them!

Lindahexi
04-20-2006, 05:46 AM
SHE KNEW! Women are very observant; the waxed legs, the bending at the knee, the way you walked were all giveaways. She may just think you a bit femme, but doesn't suspect you are CD, just enjoy her comments.

Tina Dixon
04-20-2006, 06:18 AM
Go with the flow, but it made your day didn't it?

DonnaT
04-20-2006, 06:43 AM
Next time, unless for some reason you can't, do like Charlaine did.

Jenny Beth
04-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Well I'd say it was a compliment and she probably suspects something. It seems you can get some mileage here and next time you meet you can jokingly ask her if she preferred you wore a skirt. Humour is the best way to open new doors.