PDA

View Full Version : It ain't much, but....

TGMarla
04-20-2006, 11:16 PM
I found myself out of town for the night in a Best Western motel in a sleepy little town. Of course, I brought some stuff to wear, but this time I went one small step further, and without any qualms and with nothing at all to fear, I went for a little drive en femme. Now, I know it isn't much to crow about, but I've really never done this before. I didn't stop anywhere, nor was it for a long time, but I drove around this little town for a while fully en femme. And it felt great! I got a few looks, but none of them were such that anyone clocked me at all. A few people even smiled at me. :happy:

That's one small step for (wo)man, but a giant leap in these high heels!

Jenna1561
04-20-2006, 11:24 PM
Congratulations and Hoorah!

It's always exciting to see someone growing and expanding their horizons. You said it felt great to be out and about and I'm certain it did. A smile from a stranger while dressed has to be one of my most pleasant sensations.

I'm happy you had such a good time.

Jenna

kaitlin
04-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Hey, You go girl !!!! I think any venturing out is great no matter how big or small. I wish I had the chance to be out more. I live in small town redneckville Tennessee. Where everybody knows what you drive, who your family is etc. So just riding around town is out of the question. Enjoy every chance you get to be your true self !!!! Luvs Kaitlin

RenaCD
04-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Hi Marla thats great you are alway taking that positive step(In Heels) and with class.
I'm sitting here late having a wine cooler and my glass is raised to you girl
Great and Thank You For Sharing

Big Hugs Rena

Billijo49504
04-21-2006, 12:08 AM
That's cool!!:cool: Next time hit the Stop and Rob, for a soda. Isn't fun...BJ

Marlena Dahlstrom
04-21-2006, 12:34 AM
You go girl!

Wenda
04-21-2006, 12:44 AM
Don't say it's not much. Every step, no matter how small, is a victory, and a reason for you, and the rest of us, to celebrate, enjoy your achievement. Good for you!

Faye Emmette
04-21-2006, 01:51 AM
Every waft of wind in the outside world is a fragrant pleasure.
Every second is a delight to savour and is a fond memory on it's way.
Every step is another feather in the bed of contentment.
Every time the door closes behind you and you go into the World, another piece of the jigsaw fits into place.

One of the bonuses of this site is the feeling of happiness one gets from accounts such as yours Marla.
Thanks for sharing.
F.

Joy Carter
04-21-2006, 04:30 AM
Boy that was a change in gears I have never had the courage to do.

tammysuetv
04-21-2006, 06:46 AM
Thats great Marla. I am so glad you had fun. I have always loved going out for a drive while dressed.

kittypw GG
04-21-2006, 07:22 AM
Marla,
I am glad you made the effort to step out and be happy.

When I was in my 20's my cousin and I found a person walking around a deserted college campus when we were out for a drive. This person had on a white dress, nude nylons, white sandles and makeup. "She" had a bald head and a very hairy chest. We stopped to talk to her. We asked her a lot of questions and she relplied honestly. She said that she played in a band in the Minneapolis area and that his wife and band mates did not know about this side of him so he goes to other towns just to walk around and feel girly. We liked him so well we invited him to get in our car (remember we were young) and we all went to a bar to have a drink. We really had a good time, then we took her back to the campus and dropped her off. This was my first exposure to crossdressing. I wondered why, at the time, would someone have to be going to a strange town to do this but I guess I understand a great deal more now than I did then. I often think about this person..... hope she is happy with her life. Who knows maybe one of you is this person. If you are I thought you were cool.

Way to get what you want out of life Marla. Still wishing you could share with your wife. I always hope for that for you. You deserve it. Kitty

kathy gg
04-21-2006, 08:57 AM
Hey that is cool. I am glad you had a little opportunity to breathe some fresh air.

Always sending you good vibes !

ChristineRenee
04-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Kudos to you Marla!:thumbsup::happy:

Carlacd
04-21-2006, 10:12 AM
I am so happy for you Marla. Glad you had a good time.

sherri
04-21-2006, 11:02 AM
I found myself out of town for the night in a Best Western motel in a sleepy little town.
I assume you were traveling on business? Do you ever get to a big city? That's the place to take your outings to the next level -- i.e., stepping out of the car. Knowing you to the degree that I do from reading your posts, you're a prime candidate and I know you will love it.

SherriePall
04-21-2006, 12:02 PM
Marla -- Good for you. As my namesake above says, you're a prime candidate for getting out of the car. Good luck.

EricaCD
04-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Marla - congratulations! I know this was a huge step for you. Well done!

DonnaT
04-21-2006, 12:14 PM
Great isn't it?! Congratulation Marla, and now on to bigger and better adventures :thumbsup:

Sharon
04-21-2006, 12:20 PM
Hell, it is a big deal, Marla. That first step outdoors is huge! Congratulations!

Liberating, ain't it? :)

Janelle Young
04-21-2006, 03:10 PM
I am so jealous. Congratulations!

Sandra
04-21-2006, 03:21 PM
Good for you Marla, don't say "it isn't much" it was a big step for you and one you will remember for a long time. I bet you really really want to do it again don't ya? :)

RachelDenise
04-21-2006, 03:27 PM
Way to go Marla!!!! This is so cool, especially since it broke new ground for you!

Phoebe Reece
04-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Every journey begins with a single step. I think you will travel far, Marla.

Adrienne Heels
04-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Congratulations, Marla!! That was a big step...the next time will be much easier

GypsyKaren
04-21-2006, 07:42 PM
WOO HOO! Not bad for a White Sox fan, not bad indeed. Oh, you just can't beat being out and about, we'll be in the bleachers at Wrigley in mini skirts before you know it. Way to go Marla, I'm so thrilled and happy for you.

Karen

Tina Dixon
04-21-2006, 07:45 PM
It don't sound like much but it is, I did abut a month ago and was all giddy over it:D

Rachel Morley
04-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Terrific news Marla! This is how it usually starts for most of us. Going for a drive was certainly how it first started for me. My advise would be keep doing it and before you know it your confidence will be so high, you'll be ready to get out of the car and go for a little walk. :)

Missy Anne's GG
04-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Hi Marla,

I'm so happy that you had the opportunity to go out for a little while and you felt good about it! We're behind you, cheering you on to bigger and better adventures!

Hugs,

Missy Anne's GG

michelle19845
04-21-2006, 09:17 PM
a few small steps turn into a long haul over time.go at your pace and have fun.keep steppin !

michelle19845

Jennaie
04-21-2006, 09:27 PM
It's more than I did my first drive. I refused to look anywhere but straight ahead. I was so nervous the whole time. It's a big step, maybe the biggest one.

Eileen
04-22-2006, 07:38 AM
I am so happy for you! Those wonderful small step memories will always stay with you! I remember all of mine and think back on them frequently! And yes they will give you the confidence to move on in your development to the girl you truly are.

Eileen

TGMarla
04-22-2006, 08:44 AM
Thanks everyone! Your words of encouragement mean a lot to me. See, the thing is, I was out of town. That's really the only time I have a chance to do anything like this. When I'm home, there is a chance that were I to go out anywhere en femme, I could come home to a house full of people. That just would not do! But since I was out of town, I reasoned that I'd never get a better chance to do this, so I did! And the funny thing is, I wasn't nervous about it at all! It felt.....normal and natural. I don't have a purse, and I should probably get one. I just made sure I had my wallet, my room key, and my car keys. I walked out to my car, got in, straightened my skirt, and drove off like it was nothing. I cruised around the town for a while, and went back to the motel. Once there, I got out of the car and very nonchalantly walked back to my room. I wasn't nervous about it at all! I really had little or nothing to fear anyway. I'm no beauty queen, but looking at me as a woman while I'm dressed isn't a huge stretch, so I figured that anyone who threw a casual glance at me would just see a woman in a car. No problem.

Anyway, I appreciate all the responses. I doubt I'll get such a chance again any time soon, but if I do, I'll likely do it again. Thanks!

Eileen
04-22-2006, 02:43 PM
I hope you will have a chance to get a again soon and be yourself! It is a truly wonderful experience and a great confidence builder. Try a thrift store for a purse. They often have nice ones and at very reasonable prices.

Eileen

Jasmine Ellis
04-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Marla, congratuletions dear. You did it, you did it girl, way to go, YAHOO:thumbsup:

Danielle/Mo
04-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Congratulations Marla!!!---You can walk around in certain areas of larger cities (Chicago, LA, Houston) and not even draw a second look. You can even go into restaurants and bars in these areas and people won't look twice. Some people (both male and female) will even smile and make conversation with you such as paying you compliaments etc. I hope that you get the chance to be in a larger city soon!!!