PDA

View Full Version : Feminine mindset panties

Crisack
04-21-2006, 12:59 AM
There are alot of stereotypes associated with crossdressing but one I've found interesting is about cd'ers being able to express their feminine side more so than a male that doesn't. I'd agree, to a point, that someone who is openly feminine would be more in touch with that side of them. Generally speaking, of course. To my understanding though, most CD'ers are in the closet. Alot of us lead double lives surrounded by guilt and shame which leads to alot of hiding, juggling and out right lying. Some have taken the path of the super male and taken "macho" jobs or hobbies for various reasons but I think partially due to the need to hide their other side.

For myself, being feminine is more than just shaking my hips when I walk or tearing up at a reunion scene of two long lost lovers. It's more about the nurturing and caring for everyone around me. At work, if I cut myself, no big deal. Slap a little super glue on the sucker and get back to work. That's the male side. If someone else cuts themselves, I'll stop all work, clean them, bandage them, check on them all day and be geniunely concerned with their welfare. That's the feminine side. It'd be nice if caring wasn't taken as a weakness in some circles.

So what I'd like to know; what does being feminine mean to you, how many of you suppress their feminine side when in male mode and if you do, is your femme persona ultrafemme?

Joy Carter
04-21-2006, 04:34 AM
Yeah I realy have to watch my self at work but at home I can be me, SOOOOO sad things have to be that way.

Sally24
04-21-2006, 05:33 AM
I've always been what I think of as our New Generation male. I grew up in the 60's and 70's and have always been sensitive, though not always comfortable showing it all. I've been as involved and a care giver to my children as much as my wife, more so in some ways. I tend to think about things more en femme but the real core me doesn't change.

Teresa Amina
04-21-2006, 07:05 AM
Having been born with WAY more sensitivity than our culture likes to see in men I learned to painfully hide it as a kid. I can put on a pretty good act to hide my true nature, but I'm letting it out now. Fun sometimes to notice the crossover of my Inner Self into my Outer life. Your description of Super Glue for you and catering to those around you I think is great, really gets to the essence of the Feminine caring side.

DonnaT
04-21-2006, 01:07 PM
I have no wish to be female nor do I have a wish to be feminine. Maybe some CDs wish for one or the other and maybe even both, but I imagine many of us do not desire either one. We are guys that have this need to wear women's clothes.

My aim is to satisfy that urging any way I can. Sometimes it may result in a fantasy image, but most times it just results in an image of a guy in a dress.

Why is it showing concern or caring for the well being of another needs to be thought of as feminine?

There are a number of traits shared by men and women thought by many to be feminine. Nurturing, gentileness, or able to cry at a sad movie, to name a few. Question is, since men also have these traits, why are they called feminine, instead of simply just human traits?

What some people generally attribute to women has been termed 'feminine' traits are stereotypes. To me, however they are merely human characteristics, not necessarily feminine or masculine.

I reckon some traits are considered to be feminine because more women than men exhibit them, but some men do exhibit them. And truth be told, a fair number of men exhibit them.

So, if we define these traits to be feminine, aren't we, as a society, forcing men who exhibit them to think of themselves as less than a man? Or reinforcing society to think that way? Does that not put pressure on boys to 'act like men', and force them to hide some of their shared natural human qualities?

If we think of nurturing or gentleness as human instead of feminine, then men may be more inclined to develop those aspects of themselves. If we think of boldness and assertiveness as human instead of masculine, then women may feel welcome to foster those aspects of themselves. We will all benefit from having more freedom to be the individuals we are.

Now, to be fair, I do throw the label 'feminine' around. However, I reckon I do this to identify a number of things society considers to be exclusive to women, such as describing a pair of high heels or a dress. However, I don't think wearing that dress makes one particularly feminine. I put on a dress, and it's just me in a dress. May change the way I feel, but it doesn't make me feel more feminine than I already am.

Women wear pants, and item of clothing considered to be 'masculine', but does that take away from a woman's natural femininity? Of course not. How can we take away one's natural traits by changing the clothes they wear?

For some, wearing clothes designed for women does make them feel more feminine, but I think that is because it amplifies those traits already there, but hidden because of what society considers masculine of feminine. I don't think it makes them more feminine.

And for some, it takes a little more than wearing clothes designed for women to feel feminine.

However, as I mentioned, the clothes don't make me feel more feminine. Maybe I'm missing out? Don't know if I am or not, but I do know I like to dress up.