PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing on tv

Gurly
04-21-2006, 08:50 AM
If this subject has already been done, I sincerely apologize. I'm new to the forum and trying to catch up on what has been discussed. Anywho, as a kid I would scan the tv guide (how appropriate) or watch for ANY kind of crossdressing scenes on tv shows or movies. Does any particular show or scene come to mind? I was riveted to the screen when Archie Bunker saved the life of a female impersonator on "All in the Family". Also, John Davidson did a pretty convincing drag on "Streets of San Francisco" but my favorite had to be the movie "Freebie and the Bean", with Christopher Morley as a very convincing and very beautiful transvestite. I was shocked at how beautiful a boy could be! Any other similar stories out there?

Casey Morgan
04-21-2006, 09:20 AM
On the Drew Carey Show, Drew's brother Steve was a crossdresser for a long time. Then he fell in love with Mimi and gave it up.

(Geez, I've got to learn to read. Obviously I was an adult when this show aired. Sorry.)

DonnaT
04-21-2006, 12:04 PM
When I was a kid, I wasn't so much interested in catching CDs on television, as I was watching the girls and how they were dressed.

The petticoated ladies of Lawrence Welk, the girls dancing on American Bandstand, etc.

Annaliese
04-21-2006, 01:03 PM
I still do that today, watch the girls and how they dress and how there makeup is done.

Anna

Butterfly Bill
04-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Corporal Klinger on MASH.
Milton Berle in some of his earliest shows.
Flip Wilson as Geraldine.

(all of these were comedy exaggerations)

JoAnnDallas
04-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Don't forget "Friends". One of the members father was a TS. Those episodes were wild, watching him introduce his 'DAD" to the others. Funny thing was he was nervious and all the others didn't really care.

Jenn2716
04-21-2006, 02:39 PM
The Friends episodes were pretty cool, the only thing was Chandlier's "Dad" was actually Kathleen Turner. I can't rember if he was supposed to be a Female Impersonator or a TS though.

chantelle
04-24-2006, 07:55 AM
These shows kept me sane

TVStevie
04-24-2006, 08:09 AM
Surely the thread should be "Crossdressing IS TV"? :p

Tina Dixon
04-24-2006, 08:24 AM
How about Bosum Buddies with Tom Hanks.

tamyracd
04-24-2006, 11:04 AM
There is a show on BBC America called Little Britan that has some cding in it quite funny also..

Anita Mae GG
04-24-2006, 11:11 AM
If this subject has already been done, I sincerely apologize. I'm new to the forum and trying to catch up on what has been discussed. Anywho, as a kid I would scan the tv guide (how appropriate) or watch for ANY kind of crossdressing scenes on tv shows or movies. Does any particular show or scene come to mind? I was riveted to the screen when Archie Bunker saved the life of a female impersonator on "All in the Family". Also, John Davidson did a pretty convincing drag on "Streets of San Francisco" but my favorite had to be the movie "Freebie and the Bean", with Christopher Morley as a very convincing and very beautiful transvestite. I was shocked at how beautiful a boy could be! Any other similar stories out there?

My firtst movie I saw as a kid was "Just One of the Guys" about a girl who dresses as a guy in high school. Forget why she did it........

MsEva
04-24-2006, 11:45 AM
There was an episode on the love boat where a female impersonator is the subject of a male's attention...and had to eventually come out as a male..to break his heart...or was that just a dream I had..hehe:cheeky:

ccrossd32
04-24-2006, 12:49 PM
How about Boossm Buddies? That show was all about CDing.
Loved that show:happy:

tifftg
04-24-2006, 03:19 PM
I loved how beautiful she was in that movie. The fun part was the early bubble bath and then the totally convincing nature. Wow what a fond memory.

Tiff

tgirlsfriend
04-24-2006, 04:59 PM
this is the one i like :

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119590/

Joy Carter
04-24-2006, 05:23 PM
I like Clint Eastwood "A man has got to know his limitations" And the biggest one " You know in all the excitement I forgot if I shot five times or six and being that this is a Smith and Weson fourtyfour calaber hand gun that can blow your head clean off I just want to know how lucky do you feel punk !" But then Amanda Blake Kitty in Gun Smoke was about as equily exciting to me don't get the compairason neather do I but that's the way I am. PS I was always embarased when a crossdresser came on TV.

Ellie
04-24-2006, 05:23 PM
On the Drew Carey Show, Drew's brother Steve was a crossdresser for a long time. Then he fell in love with Mimi and gave it up.

This is the character that I connect with most. I am about the same size and shape of "Steve", I even have the balding look when in guy mode.

It turns out that Drew is a crossdresser, or so I've heard from a stripper that had spent more then one night spanking his panty covered rear-end.

Steve's "hobby" of crossdressing was a way for Drew to express that side of his personality without messing up the character "Drew".

rhondasxycd
04-24-2006, 06:42 PM
There was an episode of Miami Ink.. That made some kind of bet with one of the young guys at the tattoo shop.. And losing he had too dressup in a cocktail dress,high heels, full makeup hair everything and serve drinks at a small club !!! When he was all dressed he made a gorgeous girl!!!! (And made some nice tips ) Now i wonder if he still enjoying it after seeing himself sooooooooo!!! cute as a girl !!!

Maria2004
04-24-2006, 07:37 PM
It turns out that Drew is a crossdresser, or so I've heard from a stripper that had spent more then one night spanking his panty covered rear-end.

Steve's "hobby" of crossdressing was a way for Drew to express that side of his personality without messing up the character "Drew".

That's pretty cool, and makes sense to me. The Steve character was the most accurate portryal of a cross dresser I had ever seen, comedy aspects aside. I used Steve as an example when I came out to both my youngest son and my Mom. We were all fans of the show, it basicaly went like this, "there's something I want to tell you, remember the Drew Carey Show? Remember his crossdressing brother? Well that's me." After I confirmed I wasn't "kidding" we discussed it and all been well. I'll have to write him a thank you note, from one crossdressing, former US Marine, to another. :cool:

renee k
04-24-2006, 07:49 PM
Christopher Morley also did an appearance on Magnum PI, in which he portrayed another crossdressing hitman. Also again making a very convincing woman.

Huggs, Renee

bredalee25
04-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Hey lets not forget about dustin hoffman in tootsie I love that movie he did a great job of portraying a woman who was none other than a soap opera star herself anyone remember this one

Michelle Cheli
04-24-2006, 08:32 PM
There was an episode of Miami Ink.. That made some kind of bet with one of the young guys at the tattoo shop.. And losing he had too dressup in a cocktail dress,high heels, full makeup hair everything and serve drinks at a small club !!! When he was all dressed he made a gorgeous girl!!!! (And made some nice tips ) Now i wonder if he still enjoying it after seeing himself sooooooooo!!! cute as a girl !!!

I saw that episode. I thought it was funny how he made better tips then the GG waiters. They were actually jealous of him and how gorgeus he was!

Neith.goddess
04-24-2006, 11:31 PM
this is a crossdresser I have seen on japanese TV...

hes my idol...

MANA --> http://images.deviantart.com/i/8/6/0/Mana_from_Malice_Mizer.jpg

Stacy_CD
04-25-2006, 12:26 AM
A surprising amount of what are considered some of the greatest comedies of all time involve crossdressing.

Well, Some Like It Hot and Tootsie really. But those are 2 of the supposed greatest.

And now that you mention it, Steve from the Drew Carey show was quite a good depiction of a crossdresser. I wonder how many closet crossdressers (like Drew very well may be) exist in Hollywood.

I'd like to write a screenplay depicting what it is actually like to grow up as a crossdresser (around situations of typical burgeoning sexuality) instead of just playing it for simply comedy... Though there is something inherently funny about many of the situations we find ourselves in. I think it's possible to create a very accurate depiction that would not only be truthful, but feature many universal themes.

Sounds like another on my list of crossdressing-related missions!