PDA

View Full Version : Lucky me but from here to where?

Scrunchie-Bunchie
04-21-2006, 10:16 AM
I was lucky. I met my wife on the internet and told her straight away that I wore women's clothes. She likes to see me in a dress/skirt/hose etc. I feel comfortable in a dress/skirt/hose etc. My only difficulty is getting stilettoes that fit properly. Our feet are roughly the same size but is there such a thing as a good-fitting stiletto?

I'd love to be able to go out in a dress/skirt but I'm nervous for several reasons:
1. We're in semi-rural South Carolina - ie the bible belt so I don't know how people would take it (especially neighbours, some of whom are Yankees).
2. My wife runs her own business which is currently the sole household income and discovery of me being a "wierdo" might upset her clients.
3. I'm just plain nervous.

Currently I have a ton of facial hair in order to disguise my desires - particularly from my in-laws who're coming to accept me very slowly after having been very anti-me (predjudice based on my wife's ex-husband). Actually, she is very pleased to have a non macho husband. Her ex was always macho and a know-it-all (even though he knows almost nothing - personal experience of him - lol).

I'd love to be accepted in a dress (even accepted as a woman) and I have a burning desire/need for this but how to satisfy it - evenif it's a healthy desire?

Faye Emmette
04-21-2006, 10:40 AM
Dera Scrunchie, You're in luck as you've enrolled on the best advice site on the net.
I'm sure from your letter you are in need of dressing and you'll find tons of support here.
Glad to have you here with us.

DonnaT
04-21-2006, 10:48 AM
I doubt there is such a thing as a good-fitting stiletto, but I hear the longer one wears them, the more they get used to them.

As for going out, go somewhere where you aren't known. See http://www.sccatl.org/

That would be a perfect event for you and your wife to try to attend, at least part of it.

Oh, and back to shoes, you might try the inserts discussed here: http://www.insolia.com/

mskilmer
04-21-2006, 01:32 PM
Of course it's a healthy desire! And I think anybody who says she wasn't nervous the firsy hundred times she went out en femm is fibbing. I go out once in a while (never enough) and have had nothing but good experiences. My SO and I often to to a nearby town where we aren't "known" and spend the day there, or maybe even do an overnight stay. Don't let life pass you by.

Janelle Young
04-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Book a hotel room in another town for the weekend. Pack up your clothes and you and your wife get away for a while. With out the worry of someone you know seeing you it might make you less nervous. Personally I would still be nervous as all get out but that is just me. Oh and don't forget the single most important thing, and that is to have fun

DeeInGeorgia
04-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Check out www.tri-ess.org for a chapter near you. The Atlanta chapter has members from South Carolina, but there is a S.C and Some N.C. chapters.

Hugs,

Dee

Scrunchie-Bunchie
04-22-2006, 06:51 PM
Hmm. Actually I'm close to Columbia SC.

I feel very lucky today. Yesterday my wife bought me a sleeveless denim dress so I've been wearing it and a pair of my wife's heels (we share the same shoe size) all day. I've been dressed all day and it feels wonderful.

I'd love to meet others but it was quite a move forward for me to dress in front of my girlfriend (before she became my wife). I've never ever been dressed except for outside at midnight for a very few minutes on the back porch.

I love that I can do what I do now. I want more though - ever more. It's addictive. I had to live a surpressed life for many years when I lived in the country of my birth. Now I live in the US, I feel free.

Jodi
04-22-2006, 08:39 PM
Is it possible to get a good fitting pair of heels? The answer is yes. You must do what women do. They go from store to store and try on many pairs until they find one that works. Also, I find that certain brands of heels are much more comfortable than others. Generally, but not always, the more expensive the shoe, the better it will fit and the more comfortable it will be. I have shoes with 3-1/2 to 4" heels that I can wear comfortably for 8 hours. I have shoes with a 2" heel that are killers after an hour. Also, leather shoes will fit much better than PVC or vinyl.

Jodi