PDA

View Full Version : GG Question forum for TG's & TS's

Katiegirl
04-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Just a thought - I believe this forum has been very useful for the M to F crossdressers to understand the effect of their dressing on their SO's and girlfriends. I wonder if the GG's would like a forum where they could put questions to TG/TS's of this site so they can get a better understanding of their partner ?

:happy:

A sage GG
04-21-2006, 02:57 PM
That is an interesting suggestion. I think we would have to lay down some ground rules though. No bashing etc.
I wonder how many of you guys would answer our questions though.

miss_sarah
04-21-2006, 06:36 PM
That is an interesting suggestion. I think we would have to lay down some ground rules though. No bashing etc.
I wonder how many of you guys would answer our questions though.

I'd certainly answer :) If of course I have any experience or knowledge in the topic... You GGs have been so helpful, responsive and kind on the whole, I think the majority of us would be thrilled to (and on other parts of the board are already) reciprocate and answer questions from you 0.02 I agree, new section :)

Sage GG
04-21-2006, 07:02 PM
great idea, lets do it :thumbsup:

Joy Carter
04-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Boy this has to be the start of the biggest thread I have seen so far count me in!

emma_bb
04-21-2006, 08:10 PM
its mad its crazy but it might just work..i like it,count me in

Kristen Kelly
04-21-2006, 08:18 PM
Im all for it, comunication is the solution to any problem. Sometimes I learn how I truely feel though my own answers I give to others.

Tamara Croft
04-21-2006, 08:54 PM
But we already have a TS/TG forum where we can ask you questions already??

Patsy Stone GG
04-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Ah, but everyone thinks the TS/TG forum is for them to chat amongst themselves about TG/TS stuff........maybe we just need to rewrite the forum intros so we all know what's going on........just a suggestion....

nikisbest
04-21-2006, 10:12 PM
You can count me in, I would love to have a place where the GG's would only submit questions for us.
Niki

Katiegirl
04-22-2006, 05:45 AM
Thanks for all your responses

But we already have a TS/TG forum where we can ask you questions already??

Tamara GG - I agree with Patsy Stone GG this is not clear otherwise I would not have posted this thread, perhaps as Patsy says the forum intro's should be rewriten. If nothing else I hope this thread will clarify this to all members

Tamara Croft
04-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Tamara GG - I agree with Patsy Stone GG this is not clear otherwise I would not have posted this thread, perhaps as Patsy says the forum intro's should be rewriten. If nothing else I hope this thread will clarify this to all members

:happy:It isn't clear to a lot lol!! All the staff are trying to sort out that section, because it's very confusing, some ideas would be good ;)

Momarie
04-22-2006, 11:32 AM
From what I have seen, the whole focus of this site is for the ladies (as it should be): understanding, supporting, encouraging, and accepting them.

It is after all for the ladies, but it seems if there was to be a true desire to understand what GG's really think and feel, more thought would be given to them.

I don't mean to offend anyone....I applaud you all and most of all my SO, who is very empathetic and nurturing....traits of a true woman, as I have noticed many of you are as well.

But sometimes it seems the definition of being a woman here is reduced to mere accessories.

CaptLex
04-22-2006, 12:58 PM
I do like the idea of having an "Ask the GM's" forum. I think that a forum that is private for members only and dedicated for such a purpose would produce a stronger family feeling for all of us.
Okay, but this sounds like a different thing than what others are proposing about asking questions of TS/TG individuals. I agree with Tamara that, as I understand it, the TS/TG forums are open to questions and discussions from everyone, but I suppose that's not clear from the descriptions - as Patsy Stone pointed out. In fact, I think all forums are open for questions and discussions from all members unless they are labeled private and one needs to apply for membership. Isn't this the case?

Just interjecting my 0.02 here.

Katiegirl
04-22-2006, 01:04 PM
But sometimes it seems the definition of being a woman here is reduced to mere accessories. JamieTG's~SO

I am sorry you feel that this happens, JamieTG's~SO, supporting GG such as yourself are very important to the community and not a mere accessory, though regretfully there is an element which I think would disagree with me.

However that very question is something that the GG's could ask us on a forum I suggested or on the TS/TG forum as Tamara GG indicated.

Jennaie
04-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Okay, but this sounds like a different thing than what others are proposing about asking questions of TS/TG individuals. I agree with Tamara that, as I understand it, the TS/TG forums are open to questions and discussions from everyone, but I suppose that's not clear from the descriptions - as Patsy Stone pointed out. In fact, I think all forums are open for questions and discussions from all members unless they are labeled private and one needs to apply for membership. Isn't this the case?

Just interjecting my 0.02 here.

Have it any way you wish, but I do not respond to many questions simply because they are in the public forums. Thats all I'm saying.

On many occasions I have posted responses to questions and threads and after re-reading them a few hours later, deleted them because I did not everyone in the world to see my personal thoughts.

Bev06 GG
04-22-2006, 01:40 PM
On many occasions I have posted responses to questions and threads and after re-reading them a few hours later, deleted them because I did not everyone in the world to see my personal thoughts.
Well Jennaie
I am very sorry to hear that because I love reading your thoughts and comments. If I see that you have posted a thread I deliberately go and read it simply because you are so thoughtful, have a very intelligent view point, and seem to take everyones feelings into consideration. I really like people who can hold an intelligent debate without getting petty and personal.
Take care
BEVXXXX
PS hope im not one of the ones thats pulled your leg and hurt your feelings. Sometimes I can be abit cheeky, but I wouldn't dream of hurting anyones feelings honest.

Jacqui
04-22-2006, 02:05 PM
Katie and others, here's the problem as I see it. I'll try to be as concise as I can.

Finding Crossdressers.com was very important to me. Previously, there was no place or no one that I could express my inner thoughts/feelings. This place has allowed me to do that and to share in other's opinions and advice, ESPECIALLY, from the GG's here.

However, after reading a recent posting,

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28638

I realize that I've been operating under some false assumptions.

False assumption # 1: Most CD's have or will develop feelings towards TG/TS.

False assumption # 2: The SO's of CD's who have either a) offfered support unconditionally; or b) offered support after learning, reading, and understanding CD'ing....
have at least a minimal understanding of what lies beyond (TG/TS).

After reading and replying to the responses (and not getting any replies to my response) in that thread, I realized that the TG/TS thing must scare the h*ll out of the GG's who don't seem to think that their SO's fall or will ever fall into that category. AND, I can't say that I blame them one iota!

This is the primary reason that I am in the "Big C" (closet!) There is no way that I would ever want to put my wife through the agony of knowing that the man she married and shared a family would rather be a woman, either a lesbian or straight (meaning gay?).
Some here would call it being dishonest, deceitful, living a lie, etc, etc. I call it "keeping together something I cherish more than my own desires." I would rather die unfulfilled than take the slightest chance of ending something that is of Prime Importance to me. The replies in the above thread have only lended support to my belief.

So, Katie, to answer your question, I think there probably should be a dedicated Forum for this purpose, and I agree with Jennaie that it should be private.

Jacqui

p.s. if the link above doesn't work, the thread in the Ask the GG's Forum is: "Do you shake your head sometimes at us"

Tamara Croft
04-22-2006, 02:16 PM
As this thread has turned into a ts/tg forum discussion, I've moved it into the TS section.

I'm going to add my 2p into this thread. Since the new section 'transgenderist' was created, it has made this section really confusing for a lot of members including myself. I've sat for hours today with Sharon, reading up about transsexuals, transgender, transgenderist etc... and everyone seems to have their own way of describing what each one means. Doctors say it means this, therapists say it means that, even the members here can't all agree on what it means. The 2 sections have been up for review in the last week, hopefully we can come to some agreement today on what is going to be done with this section.

One of the main reasons I don't post much over here, is because it's too confusing and I'd feel rather stupid asking a question in the wrong section because I don't have much knowledge in regards to the two forums.

Julie Avery
04-22-2006, 03:12 PM
I confess to some terminological confusion myself.

I believe that I understand TS: People who feel born to the wrong gender, and are willing to go to extraordinary lengths to remedy the "dysphoria". I embrace people who feel that way, but do not feel that way myself. I feel like a man who was born (or somehow arrived at) wanting to be seen as a woman by others. If I could do it, I would do so 24 hours a day 365 days a year.

I have not been able to get a handle on what exactly "transgendered" means. It's not that I can't read and understand posts, it's that conflicting definitions seem to be out there.

Jennaie
04-22-2006, 04:22 PM
I have deleted my origingal post to this thread. I am offering no explanation as to why.

I am in favor of having a private forum, by request and invitation only, for everyone who are members and have a vested interest in this family. I think a forum that was listed "For our members only", would be all we would need for the males to ask questions of the females, females to ask questions of the males, a place where we can feel free to talk to the other members of the forum and not feel that we are talking to the whole world.

Perhaps many of you do not care that your post or thoughts are in the public forums for the whole world to read. I respect that.

The four paragraphs that were written below this one were deleted before posting.

Tamara Croft
04-22-2006, 04:35 PM
For members only?? But these 2 sections are for members only and not viewable to the whole world.

Jennaie
04-22-2006, 04:43 PM
For members only?? But these 2 sections are for members only and not viewable to the whole world.

Rotfl: Sometimes Tamara, I think you have a button that says, "Watch Jennaie",
I was not talking about these sections, I was suggesting that instead of having an "Ask the GG's" Forum and an Ask the GM's forum, or just asking the GM's in the mtf section which is not members only, That we have a forum, called "For our members only, where we can go to ask anyone questions, where we all can feel comfortable within our family.

I am not suggestion that you delete the private gg forum or any other private forum.

Ms. Donna
04-22-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm going to add my 2p into this thread. Since the new section 'transgenderist' was created, it has made this section really confusing for a lot of members including myself. I've sat for hours today with Sharon, reading up about transsexuals, transgender, transgenderist etc... and everyone seems to have their own way of describing what each one means. Doctors say it means this, therapists say it means that, even the members here can't all agree on what it means. The 2 sections have been up for review in the last week, hopefully we can come to some agreement today on what is going to be done with this section.

None of the lables are very clearly defined and many of us can fit into one or more at once.

A common sense approach might be thus: Transgender - General umbrella term for all gender questioning / gender variant persons Crossdresser - One who crossdresses. Less an identity than it is as action. Individuals crossdress for any number of reasons. Usually it is as a result of some underlying gender related discomfort Transsexual - In general, individuals consider themselves transsexual if they identify as both the gender and sex 'opposite' of that which was assigned at birth. Transgenderist - Individuals who live / present in a gender identity other than that which they were assigned at birth.
I strongly feel that the two sections should stay. Quite often, transsexuals have and need to discuss issues of which most crossdressers and even transgenderists are not concerned. Transgenderists often are in another place both mentally and socially than crossdressers and transsexuals. Not having the same physical body issues and not necessarily looking to transition, transgenderists find themselves at odds with transsexuals. It's not that both groups cannot learn from one - then can and do - but both are diserving of a separate space for discussion. It would be like lumping the M2F and F2M groups together since both groups are 'crossdressers'.

Just my two cents worth.

Love & Stuff,
Donna

Tamara Croft
04-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Rotfl: Sometimes Tamara, I think you have a button that says, "Watch Jennaie.Yes I have :p Your idea is a good idea, I'll pass that on ;)

Kim E
04-22-2006, 07:09 PM
I strongly feel that the two sections should stay. Quite often, transsexuals have and need to discuss issues of which most crossdressers and even transgenderists are not concerned. Transgenderists often are in another place both mentally and socially than crossdressers and transsexuals. Not having the same physical body issues and not necessarily looking to transition, transgenderists find themselves at odds with transsexuals. It's not that both groups cannot learn from one - then can and do - but both are diserving of a separate space for discussion. It would be like lumping the M2F and F2M groups together since both groups are 'crossdressers'.

My thoughts exactly. I'll admit that this thread has had me totally confused up to the point of Donna's post.

This forum has many members who identify as Transsexual, both post-op and pre-op. Many of us live 24/7, some of us are on HRT and a couple have scheduled SRS. I am sure that if any GG were to post a question to TS's here, she would receive a courteous and honest reply from TS's who frequent this part of the forum. Just as she would in the FtM or MtF Crossdressers sections of the forum, or anywhere else for that matter.

Just my opinion and not meant to hurt anyone's feelings.

Kim

Sandi W GG
04-22-2006, 09:56 PM
I agree with Jennaie , I would like it private as well, I do have tons of questions about TG's TS's as well, I would feel more comfortable.

Forum Admin
04-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Please see the new sticky in regards to some of the posts in this thread. This thread is now being closed.