PDA

View Full Version : Kinda Went Nuts Today

MrforNow
11-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Hi girls;
Today I had several hours to kill and while sitting around I started playing with that little electric hair remover gadget I bought to remove the hair from my feet and toes. Well, one thing lead to another and I wound up removing all of the hair from my chest and tunny with it. LOL

Now, it's hardly as close as one could do with a razor, but I am quite impressed with the job it did. I am (was) VERY hairy. But, as nice as it is to have all of that ugly hair gone, it just about made me cry when I looked in the mirror. Without the hair to cover me I am an ugly, fat, pasty white-skinned mess! I just never realized how bad I really look with my pale skin and pot-belly. YUK!!!!!!!!

I have started a diet as of today!!! I can't stand being this ugly any longer. The only nice looking part of me right now is my painted toenails which look fantastic, but the rest of me is soooo ugly I can't stand it.

Anyway, I didn't write this to cry about how bad I look. I intended it to be a funny little bit on how I got carried away with the new toy. *sigh* Maybe one day I'll manage to look half as good as you girls do.

Felicity
11-08-2004, 07:36 PM
Jenny, I have more fat than I want. One thing that helps however is a tan. Go to a tanning salon and get everthing exposed to the rays. Takes a few sessions. No more pasty white..

Be careful... don't get burned...

MrforNow
11-08-2004, 07:39 PM
Thanks Felicity :) I am planning to do that very thing as soon as I can.

Amelie
11-08-2004, 07:44 PM
First thing MfN, you might be overweight but you are not ugly. There is no such thing as ugly. Losing weight might be healthful, and put in your mind a better outlook, but you won't be ugly either way.
Amelie

MrforNow
11-08-2004, 07:48 PM
Amelie, thanks so much for saying that. I really do appreciate it. It's just right now I am trying to deal with facing and being who I know I really am after all these years. To be honest right now I really do feel UGLY. I know it will pass, and maybe it's a part of working through all of this after supressing it and being in denial all these years.

Or, maybe I'm just in a whiny mood tonigt? :)

BTW, I love that man on the stair quote in your signature.

Jen_TGCD
11-08-2004, 08:11 PM
Amelie, thanks so much for saying that. I really do appreciate it. It's just right now I am trying to deal with facing and being who I know I really am after all these years. To be honest right now I really do feel UGLY. I know it will pass, and maybe it's a part of working through all of this after supressing it and being in denial all these years.

Or, maybe I'm just in a whiny mood tonigt? :)

BTW, I love that man on the stair quote in your signature.Whinning Jenny ~ :p

My solution??? I cover everything with satin... then, at least I feel beautiful.

I had to laugh because the first time I shaved my chest, all I could say was, "Oh sh--!!! What have I done." I think it's just the shock of seeing a hairless chest for the first time. I'm not a bear but I did have a lot of chest hair. It's been there for 30 years... and then, nothing. You'll get used to it... and will even like it after a while.

Another trick... use lots of moisturizer. Lots and lots!!! Men never take care of their skin... I didn't either and now I use lots and lots of moisturizer trying to hold back any further damage!!! :o

Take care ! ! !

MrforNow
11-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Thanks Jen, I will admit that it was a kind of a shock to see my bare chest and tummy after it has been covered (and I do mean COVERED) with hair for so many years. I did use a good deal of moisturizer after my little, ummm, party. Am going to use more when I go to bed.

Funny, I'd never used that stuff before but just in the last few days I have started using it and my skin is already looking and feeling much nicer. Especially my formerly dry and cracked elbows. :)

Satin is a great idea. I have a brand new pair of satin pajamas that I haven't worn since I tried them on after buying them. Might be just the thing for my newly bare torso.

Hugs,
Jenny

Georgette
11-08-2004, 08:56 PM
undefinedBe who you want to be not what others think you should be You are not ugly.
I too was over weight' but in the last 6 weeks I have lost 32 pounds and boy do I feel better even though I have some flab where the fat was I think I look better. as for the hair I was a hairy one two I just went ahead and started shavingmy chest tummy and legs, you know what nobody really noticed, They haven't asked about it anyhow not even my wife.
I still leave my arms alone though, but how the heck do you do your back.
Hugs Georgette ;)

Be who you want to be not what others think you should be :rolleyes:

Sharon
11-09-2004, 12:04 AM
undefinedBe who you want to be not what others think you should be You are not ugly.
I too was over weight' but in the last 6 weeks I have lost 32 pounds and boy do I feel better even though I have some flab where the fat was I think I look better. as for the hair I was a hairy one two I just went ahead and started shavingmy chest tummy and legs, you know what nobody really noticed, They haven't asked about it anyhow not even my wife.
I still leave my arms alone though, but how the heck do you do your back.
Hugs Georgette ;)

Be who you want to be not what others think you should be :rolleyes:

32 pounds in six weeks. You be careful Georgette. Don't be making yourself ill! :(

Lily_gg
11-09-2004, 04:39 AM
Jenny,

We all have days when we think we're ugly, but so long as we're beautiful on the inside, we're always beautiful all over. Sounds incredibly cliched I know, but hey - don't beat yourself up - there's nothing nothing more attractive than a happy smiley person, regardless of size.

And if you're going to diet, don't be silly about it. If you stop eating, or cut back your food intake to a very low level, all you will do is slow down your metabolism (and thus slow down any weight loss), and train your body to store all the food you do eat. The result is that you're actually more likely to put on weight!

If you normally eat large portions, cut them down a little. If you eat lots of processed/high sugar/fatty foods, cut down on them too. Don't cut out anything you really love though - if you completely deny yourself favourite foods, you'll end up binging. The most important thing is to find some exercise you enjoy / can fit into the day easily - aim to get fit rather than thin. Maybe walk/run/cycle to work if that's possible? Or join a team sport of some sort - the social aspect is always good, and so much more fun than the gym (I get really bored at the gym!). Before you know it, you'll be feeling and looking healthier, you'll be happier (which always helps!), able to eat whatever you like because your exercise is now a habit to which you're addicted, and it'll all be good! Oh, and stand up really straight when you look in the (full length) mirror - it's amazing how that immediately makes us look slimmer and more confident (and look in a mirror rather than look down at yourself - looking down at your body gives a distorted view).

Either way, we'll all think you're great regardless :D

*hugs*
Lily

JennyCD
11-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Thanks Lily. As far as exercise and all goes, as a trucker my choices are a tad limited, but sicne I haul heavy equipment I do get a pretty good wrok out climbing, chaining and strapping loads, that sort of thing. I am making a point of parking as far from the buildin at the truckstops as I can just to get the extra walking in.

I'm pretty sensible about diet. I know it's better to eat several small meals to keep metabolic rate up so as to burn off fat. I don't eat too much in the truckstops, usually breakfast. The rest of the time I eat what I carry in the truck which is usually canned soups, beans, and tjose little tuna salad lunch kits which are pretty good.

For breakfast this morning I had my coffee (a MUST have) with sweetner instead of sugar, a bowl of fruit salad instead of eggs,, sausage, and potatoes. It was just as filling and much less fattening. :)

Lunch was tuna salad on wheat crackers. Not bad.

Dinner tonight, which I really must be starting soon, will be a bowl of soup with a bottle of spring water.

I'm going to be looking for opportunities to get more walking in as I go along. I enjoy long walks anyway. I used to do a lot of hiking before I got old and fat LOL

Wenda
11-09-2004, 06:44 PM
Not gaining weight when you are driving is a challenge. About 4 years ago I passed 285 lbs and decided to do something. I read a lot, and when I scored 100% on "Are You a Carbohydrate Addict?", it got my attention. I read the Adkins diet, etc. I found Adkins to be a bit extreme (and the author to be a bit full of himself), but choose it for the first month and dropped about 14 pounds. I just decided that I didn't like carbs anymore, and went from 285 down to 235 in about 4 months. I plateaued there, and managed to stay under 240 when I was driving. I carried a lot of water, regular and carbonated with me, as well as celery, cheese sticks and peperoni sticks. I used sunflower seeds as my distraction food. It takes a long time to eat a quarter cup, 6 grams of carbs. Trouble is, even if you try to be neat, they show up everywhere in the cab!. At the truck stop buffets, I didn't even look at anything breaded and deepfried, plain meat or fish, lots of green vegies, no potatoes, not much corn or carrots, lots of salad. I had to lay off the diet drinks because the aspartame was starting to bother me.
Exercise can't be beat. When I worked in Mexico, I walked 3 to 6 km a day, just going to work, shopping etc. When I got back to Canada in June 2003, I was just under 220 lb, about the same as I was in Grade Twelve.
If I didn't love beer, I would be at that level, but I have crept back up to 240 and need to get serious about it again.
One interesting point, one of my students in Mexico (I was teaching English) was a plastic surgeon, graduate from A&M Galveston. Near the end of my term, I asked him about my love handles. Even though I was trim everywhere else, I had these rotten bulges above my belt. He said it is often genetic. He was anxious to show his lyposuction skills, and booked me in.
Trouble is, I had to go to an open house for a school in a neighbouring city, and ended up on the cerveza circuit until 2 am the night before, caught the bus at 6 am, barely made my blood test appt at 9 am and went into surgery at 11am.
My body fat tests were lower than I expected, but seemed what the Dr anticipated. We only removed a little over 2 litres of fat, about 4 pounds, but the difference in my profile was dramatic. I was not prepared for the recovery, however. EVERYTHING below the belt turned purple!! Balls, pecker, everything!. Normal. I came home the following week, wore a girdle for about a month, and it is great.
The Dr has started a practice near San Miguel d'Allende, in conjunction with a hospital and a very nice vacation hacienda. If anyone wants his email, I would be glad to provide. It costs about $1,500 US for a normal lyposuction. Very professional. Go to Mexico bulgy, come home trim!. wenda.

JennyCD
11-09-2004, 10:54 PM
Hmmm, although I would like to loose this gut and extra fat everywhere else, I don't think surgery, even lyposuction is for me. I've already decided to give up drinking beer (tough call since I do enjoy it so much lol) because I know that's where a lot of this ugly gut comes from.

I'm 6 feet tall and weigh in at 215 lbs right now, so while I'm not really excessively fat, I do have a rather large gut. I have been slowly losing weight all year, Jan. 1st I was at 250 lbs, so progress has been made, but I need to get serious about it and pay more attention to what I eat.

I know I eat way too much in the way of potatos and bread, so they are being reduced to limited quantities now. Am not going for any fad diets, just sensible eating habits which are healthier anyway. And all the exercise I can handle.

I had lower back surgery back in '99, so I have to be somewhat cautious about what I do. It was also after that surgery I started to baloon up.

I'm feeling better today, and I know that I can get down to a reasonable and attractive weight and get more healthy. Now if I could just get a face transplant, I'd be all set. :)