PDA

View Full Version : What shoes go with jeans?

steffie39
04-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Hi,

Can I please ask a question about shoes?

Tomorrow I was going to go out. The weather calls for mostly rain and about 50 degrees F. I was going to wear ladies jeans and a cute pink top. If it were early in the year (and colder), I would lean toward black boots. However, because it is spring, my instincts tell me that would not go. I do have some sandals (actually denim blue-jean sandals) but I'm not sure these would go in the rain. The only other choices are a pair of white pumps (4 inch heel though and probably not a good choice) or ladies sneakers. Should I just go with the sneakers or could I possibly wear one of the other choices without getting stared at? Or does anyone lse have any other suggestons. I just wanted to check. Thanks.

Steffie

A sage GG
04-22-2006, 02:40 AM
Get a pair of light brown boots you can wear them any time of the year with jeans. Maybe in a cowgirl style. Always fashionable.

Cheery GG
04-22-2006, 04:08 AM
I agree with sage...boots arent just for winter....a nice casual/smart pair of cowboy style can be dressed up or down depending on the clothes your wearing.

I tend to wear boots with jeans all year through, unless its searing heat, but otherwise they are very adaptable...

cheery
x

Sage GG
04-22-2006, 03:40 PM
It depends on what else you are wearing,my cowgirl boots most of the time but if i have on a black shirt then my black granny boots, for work almost any heels will do but to run to the dump this morning in the rain it was sneakers. I personally don't like sandals in the rain, if you have nice shoes why ruin them? I would recommend no high heels in the rain you could take a very ungraceful fall.

Is your pink shirt casual? then go with the sneakers not as much fun but practical.

Kerry Owens
04-22-2006, 03:45 PM
l'd say go with the sneakers. It's rainy, and a fall from slippery 4 inch heels is definitely not fun. Sneakers get wet..they dry and no problems. If you get muddy toss 'em in washer, again no problem except for the thumpin for a while in a dryer. Keeping it simple saves a lot of trouble.

Di
04-22-2006, 05:15 PM
Boots are good,,,,and all you meantioned are a good choice...depending on what kind of top....and where you are going...I,m odd...I like heels with black jeans...at a club ect...so depending on where you are going....they all will work.

steffie39
04-23-2006, 11:30 AM
All GG's:

Thank you for all you replies and help.

I decided on brown boots I had to go with the jeans as well as a denim jacket. However, I scrapped the pink top and instead wore a brown top under my denim jacket. Nobody gave me any strange looks so I guess I looked OK. When I went out I noticed other GG's wearing boots too (both black an brown) so that was good.

Steffie

Elizabeth Anne
04-27-2006, 04:51 PM
I wear "baby doll" flats, as my wife calls them, & I have a pair of shoes with a small stack heel I wear with jeans also. I have worn my high heel pumps. This applies to anything you are wearing if you want to "dress up" or "dress down" your outfit. Makeup application, accessories, hairstyles, also dictate if you are dressing up or down your look.

Toyah
04-27-2006, 05:30 PM
Boots boots and more boots hun anything else is either lethal or quite frankly frumpy if you wanna look like your mom fine, otherwise boots

Kate Simmons
04-27-2006, 07:26 PM
Yep, I'd go with the boots if it's raining. Don't wanna get my tootsies wet! If it's clear, I usually wear some kind of sandel. Ericka

Francine
04-27-2006, 09:23 PM
I might say boots, because I have a pair of women's ankle boots, that I have even worn in 'male mode'. Another is tennis shoes. I have a pair of women's tennis shoes and have worn them to work as well, and no one has noticed or commented. They're white with light blue stipping that look more like a running shoe due to the smaller soles.

Another suggestion I might have is a men's casual shoe that looks more feminine. I have a pair of dress slip-ons, that are sort of a 'penny-loafer' style with a gold double band across the front part of the shoe. Those I would feel ok wearing enfemme with my women's jeans or even my dark blue JCPenny Worthington slacks.

Happy shopping!

Francine