PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes it the little things...

Ms. Donna
04-22-2006, 05:47 AM
Hi All,

Sometimes it the little things that happen in our lives that can mean the most to us.

Yesterday morning there were delays on the train going in to work. I was sitting in a 4 seater (2 seats facing 2 seats) and diagonally across from me was a pregnant women. As the train crept along we started chatting - I asked her when she was due and we discussed our kids and what not.

At one point, she took out her cell phone and, holding it up to her face, proceeded to use it as a mirror. She took out a tube of mascara and was about to fix up her lashes. So I asked her, "Do you want a mirror?" She says, "Oh - Do you have one?" I say, "Sure." I open my purse, take out my MAC Blot Powder and hand it to her. She takes it, opens it up, puts on her mascara and hands the compact back to me when she's done.

No odd looks - no uncomfortable silence - no awkwardness. She seemed completely unfazed not only that I had a purse but that my 'mirror' was a make-up compact.

We continue our chat until we got to Penn Station. I wished her luck with the baby (she's due in 2 weeks), we said our good-byes and go off to work each of us went.

As innocuous an interaction as it was, I felt good all day having been (seemingly) accepted by a complete stranger while just being me.

Like I said, sometimes its the little things in life that mean the most.

Love & Stuff,
Donna

Phyliss
04-29-2006, 04:34 AM
That is so sweet. To be able to assist a stranger, even in little things, is a truly nice feeling.

Kate Simmons
04-29-2006, 05:36 AM
HI Donna, Wouldn't it be nice if the whole world were that way--just accept us as we are without blinking an eye? I've had similar experiences en femme. In fact I was asking for directions of someone recently and the person she was talking to on her cell must have asked who she was talking to. She said that she was just giving directions to some lady. Felt good about that and it didn't look at all like she was patronizing me just being matter of fact with the person on the phone. Like you said, Hon, it's just the little things like that that make us feel good. Take care, Ericka