PDA

View Full Version : dressing help

danielle d
04-22-2006, 09:50 AM
hi
i've just gotten into dressing and i'm wondering how is the best way to find a woman who could teach me the finer things about dressing because i like to out dressed but wonder how i really look.danielle d

A sage GG
04-22-2006, 10:27 AM
First do you really want to be passable or do you just like the clothes. Ask yourself this.
If passable is your goal then decide on your style classy, trashy, corporate, ect. you don't have to stay with one style but try them all to find what suits you best.
Next a big one, consider your body shape. Are you large (plus size) or short, tall, petite. Nothing to me looks worse than seeing a mini skirt on a body (GG or TG) that is not equipt for it. Sears offers a virtual model you can put your measurments in and try clothes on the model. It is not exact but a real close idea of what you would look like.
Also consider your skin tone some colors on fair skin reflect badly. I cannot wear yellow as this does this to me.
You can always put up some pics and ask advice from the other gurls, some of them are really good and very honest.
As for finding a girl to help you shop you can always ask our advice but I assume it would be funner to have one in life who likes and wants to help you out.
Best of luck

danielle d
04-25-2006, 07:26 AM
thanks for the tips, you gave me a few ideas
danielle d

dancinginthedark
04-25-2006, 02:13 PM
Danielle,
You could post a picture in the galleries. I wouldn't post the main forum unless you are ready for someone to discover you. But I "think" the galleries are for membes only. Also you could put an ad in the personal's here looking for a GG friend in your area so you would have a RL GG to help you find your look and for advise. I think A sage gave you some good pointers to get you started and we also have a beauty forum if you would like to join.
I would be a bit leery about asking any current friends unless you are very secure in that friendship. Where I once would have said a friend could be trusted I have simply read too many horror stories here to feel that way anymore. Maybe you could find a GG here and email or PM and maybe send some pictures to share how you look and get some feedback that way too. Just my 0.02
Good luck and congrats on taking these first steps. :thumbsup: