PDA

View Full Version : OT: "Self-Made Man"

JodieFosterTLGWLDTL
04-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Just finishing this up; has anyone else read Norah Vincent's account of passing as "Ned" for over a year?

Exceptionally well written and quite perceptive,

JF

Joy Carter
04-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks Jodi for the information I just read it and it has me wondering about my self and my wanting to be a CD. I have always known that I was treading into a real confusing part of being and there was a fear to it, would I ever be able to get back or be myself again. It still haunts me when I think about the harm I maybe doing to my self mentaly or am I healing a long buryed need that is in us all ?

JodieFosterTLGWLDTL
04-22-2006, 03:41 PM
Thanks Jodi for the information I just read it and it has me wondering about my self and my wanting to be a CD. I have always known that I was treading into a real confusing part of being and there was a fear to it, would I ever be able to get back or be myself again. It still haunts me when I think about the harm I maybe doing to my self mentaly or am I healing a long buryed need that is in us all ?

I guess that's a question everyone with different proclivities has to answer for themselves. I've never felt any confusion about my nature; as Joan Jett once sang, "I am what I am/I know what I am/I am what I am."

In the event, take care & good luck with the journey,

JF