PDA

View Full Version : Clip on Earrings

Shelly Preston
04-22-2006, 02:07 PM
Hi Ladies

I would like your thoughts on clip on earrings

Am I the only one who finds them a litte painful after a few hours.

I have notice that some feel as if they are trying to pierce my ears.

Eileen
04-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Yes some do tend to get a bit to tight over several hours. Most I can adjust to make them comfortable to wear for the entire day. It would be nice if there were more pretty earrings in pretty styles. I do love wearing earrings!

Eileen

Karren H
04-22-2006, 02:21 PM
NO, can wear my clipons all day without pain!!!

Love Karren

PaulaJeanette
04-22-2006, 02:32 PM
Shelly,

When I occasionally wear a pair of my wife's clip ons, there is some pain initially but with passing of time I sort of get used to it. One thing that I've noticed is that you need to be aware of the impressions on your earlobes that are left once you remove them. I had this happen to me one day and it was prior to a doctor's accpointment.

Karen,

Have you checked your earlobes for impression when you dress in the restroom stall at work?

Hugs,

PaulaJeanette

Julie York
04-22-2006, 02:34 PM
I haven't tried them but even earrings with my pierced ears get on my nerves after half an hour.

I suggest trying to loosen the spring and using something tacky to give grip. I know it sounds silly but a tiny smear of jam or marmalade is severely sticky without being superglue.

Have fun!

(And if someone nibbles your ears they're in for a taste sensation. "Ooooooh apricot!") LOL:D

Ellie
04-22-2006, 02:51 PM
I don't have priced ears and due to my job so I doubt I would get them priced any time soon. As such I have to go with the clippies if I want any ear bling.

Some designs do pinch after a few hours perhaps due to my fat lobes but right now I only dress for a few hours at a time so no biggie. What really sucks about clip-ons is how few are for sale. In most of the stores I've been in there are five times as many earing's for pierced ears then clip-ons so finding something cute can be difficult.

For the crafty types, such as myself, there are blank clip-ons that can be obtained from the craft store and decorated however one likes. I got about 10 pairs of blanks for under $4.

There are some magnetic backed clip-ons that give the look of pierced without the need to explain the extra holes in your ears to your boss but I haven't tried them yet.

Karren H
04-22-2006, 03:10 PM
Hi Ladies

Forgot to mention I have 60 pair if clipon and screwon earrings so even if they did hurt buy god I'm going to wear them!!! hahaha

Love Karren

SherriePall
04-22-2006, 03:16 PM
I have a couple dozen pairs myself. Most of them are painless. When I remove them, I pinch my earlobes in an effort to remove the marks they leave. I figured this out because my wife said she always knew when I dressed. That and the mark left on my forehead by my wig. Now, I don't think she can tell. Back to the earrings, I have a weakness for them. I love shopping for them at a local discount store and one of these days at a department store (prices are higher, but they have hoops).

MsEva
04-22-2006, 03:19 PM
Forgot to mention I have 60 pair if clipon and screwon earrings so even if they did hurt buy god I'm going to wear them!!! hahaha

Love Karren

There is pain and there is good pain..clip ons will let you know that they are there and I find that comforting to some extent. And yes they do leave indentations. I have to be careful to rub them to remove the marks before going back into public.

Brianna Lovely
04-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Ellie
I found clip-on adapters in a craft store, 4 for $3.99, gold or silver colors. They allow you to wear post-type earrings made for pierced ears. Thought they were kind of neat and give us a bigger selection.
Brianna

Teresa Amina
04-22-2006, 04:04 PM
I've found that the clip-ons I have pinch only at first and after a few minutes I don't notice. The screw post type you can adjust to suit as long as they don't fall off! I tighten them up till they just start to hurt and then back them off a bit.

Eugenie
04-22-2006, 04:23 PM
It depends of which I wear: some pinch my ear lobe herder than others. Like others forum members have said, after a while I forget that I have them on... However with some of the clip on earings, it is taking them off that I feel a short but rather intensive pain...

I still like to wear them. They put a nice finish touch to my "femme" look :happy:

Love.

Eugenie

Flo's wife GG
04-22-2006, 04:55 PM
I found Flo some magnetic earrings at Wal Mart of all places and she loves them.

Julie York
04-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Joy. Put the other one back in Quick!

If you can.

Ashley Helen
04-22-2006, 04:58 PM
Oh to be able to wear any sort of earrings for a few hours at a time!

Love

Helen xx

Linda-x
04-22-2006, 05:06 PM
As far as the ear lobe marks from the clip-on's go, I have a little trick. I take a cloth type bandage, and cut a couple of small squares. I then stick those to my ear lobe, and then fit my ear rings so the front clasp is centered on the little square. No slip, and no, or very little mark.

paulaN
04-22-2006, 05:21 PM
yes joy. put the other one back in quick. you've gone through the hard part already. It's your body got for it. were all pullen for ya.

Angela Burke
04-22-2006, 05:48 PM
I find clip-ons a bit painfull but bearable.
I've never heard of magnetic clip-ons.
And the jam/marmalade method is a new one to me as well!

lina
04-22-2006, 05:52 PM
The clip on's I have tried, DO tend to be painful, but, but with some ladylike discipline, I can become accustomed to wearing them.

Lindahexi
04-22-2006, 05:55 PM
I haven't got any clipons, though I used to try my mothers on many years ago, and they did pinch after a while. Before I had my ears pierced I had some magnetic ones, they were fine for up to four hours, then the pain set in and my ears hurt like hell.

Angela: The magnetic ones have a very powerful (small) magnet that goes behind the ear, thereby keeping the earring in place, I have never had one fall off, they work well if you can take the pain. LOL

Donna Davis
04-22-2006, 06:29 PM
I too have several pair of clip ons and love to wear them. I like the dangly ones best. I find that the only lain I get is after I remove them I feel a pinching pain for a little while but it goes away.

Sharon_Rose
04-22-2006, 06:52 PM
Very acceptable. If you have to go en drab, you can always wear one ear ring or none. Totally acceptable in most situations.
Clip ons hurt. I love pierced.

michelle19845
04-22-2006, 07:56 PM
i've realized that there are fewer clip ons for sale than pierced ones for sale and they do cause a lil bit of pain at first ,but after a while you forget about it.

MistyCD
04-22-2006, 08:12 PM
I had a pair on one time and boy did they hurt like a son * * b !!!! I know they can be adjusted.... but sometimes they can slip off and not be found.

Hugs Misty

Jodi
04-22-2006, 08:24 PM
I use the pierced to clipon adaptors as mentioned above. I get mine at Claires, found in most malls. Very cheap and come in gold and silver. When I first wear a new set, I bend the clipon slightly until it is comfortable.

Jodi

trannie T
04-22-2006, 10:06 PM
Before I had my ears pierced I would wear clip ons. After a couple hours rhe pain would be intolerable and I'd have to take them off. Pierced ears are so much easier, I wear studs in drab and danglies in drag. No pain, and the selection of earrings is soooo much better.

It takes a real man to wear a dress

psdibe
04-23-2006, 05:31 AM
does any know the web site for the clip earing company i think it is called clip ta mania? if so could you post .
Hugs PD

cindybarnes
04-23-2006, 05:47 AM
I stopped wearing clip ons a loooong tima ago after a pair almost left bruises on my lobes,, not just impressions,,not to mention I could never find many I realy liked.

As far as the pain goes, try wearing heels a size or 2 too small,,the foot pain should help you forget about your ears :)

Cindy

Jenney Love
04-23-2006, 05:48 AM
My wife says the secret to wearing clip-ons is not to touch (play) with them after you have put them on. Do to the fact I can not keep my fingers off of them, I don't know if it works totally, though I have seen her go all day with large rhinestone ones on, and not say a word when she takes them off.

Shelly Preston
04-23-2006, 06:14 AM
Hi Girls
Thanks for all of your replies

does any know the web site for the clip earing company i think it is called clip ta mania? if so could you post .
Hugs PD

http://www.cliptomania.com/

I stopped wearing clip ons a loooong tima ago after a pair almost left bruises on my lobes,, not just impressions,,not to mention I could never find many I realy liked.

As far as the pain goes, try wearing heels a size or 2 too small,,the foot pain should help you forget about your ears

Cindy

The 4" heels are easy compared to this.

The things we go through to look good !!!! (no pain, no gain)

sweeting
04-23-2006, 06:32 AM
yes clip ons are uncomfortable but look so nice

Sharon_Rose
04-23-2006, 07:54 AM
They do unless you have big ear lobes. They always wore at a 45 degree angle...kind of like a small frisbie in flight.
yes clip ons are uncomfortable but look so nice

cosmolovesph
04-23-2006, 11:40 AM
I love my clip ons (yeah pierced could be better) but normally not too much pain, but taking them off is that :good pain: someone else mentioned...

I found a pair of hoop clip ons that i like (prefer dangles) but found using the phone a challenge with them on, so like a GG take that one off for phone use and then back on when done.

Oh and as to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psdibe
Hugs PD

http://www.cliptomania.com/

They make good ones, if you sign up on their website for the monthly drawing, you could be a winner like i was a few months ago! :)

Adrienne Heels
04-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Mine don't bother me when I wear them

barbaracd
04-23-2006, 09:37 PM
I wish I could have my ears pierced but that's not an option so clip on are the only thing I can wear. I agree with others that I wish they made prettier ones. You have to experiment with different ones until you find the ones that don't hurt. Good luck

Zelda Noe
04-24-2006, 12:24 AM
Hi All :wave2:

I'm a clip on fan too and I used to own some screw on's. I bought some really nice 6mm hoops from Cliptomania. They have a very easy sort of slide type of end on one end, whereby you simply pull back on that part of the hoop, it retracts down inside the small hoop hole. You slide it over your earlobe and whalla...it looks like you own real pierced ears. They come in silver and gold on the Cliptomania website. Very light weight, easy to put on and comfortable.

I went to the mall to the Pennys jewelry section also...found some real beautiful faux pearl dangle earrings...gorgeous. But like all the other girls have said, clip on's are hard to find...not impossible...but there are fewer. Ebay is usually the best way to go to purchase clip on's.

Also someone on this forum mentioned a clip on site called: Crazy4clipon's, I checked them out, some nice stuff there.

Dandy :happy:

DawnRodgers
04-24-2006, 01:19 AM
Would love to have pierced ears - actually multiple piercings. Unfortunately don't, so I love pierced look clip ons. Makes me look and feel like they are pierced and so feminine. Have lots of clip ons.
Dawn

sarahjan
04-24-2006, 01:44 AM
I have given up on clip on's and now only buy screw on's when I can find them. The the earings with screw on's don't have to be aas chunky as those fro clips so I can have some very pretty earing without have to have my ears peireced.

You can get scews that will covert pierced earings.

KathlyLC
04-24-2006, 01:20 PM
A small strip of tape (clear adhesive type) perhaps 1/4 to 3/8" wide and perhaps 3/4" long that is placed on the front lower portion of lobe (so its centered where a hole for a pierced ear would be) and wrapped up around bottom and up the back of the lobe and firmly pressed in place so it becomes more transparent. The using stuf or post type earings, insert post into the tape approximately art the place the hole would be, and angle it downward until the post end is at or slightly below the ear lobe bottom, then angle it backup and out the back of the tape strip. Then add the push on piece to hold it in place. Properly done, unless someone is close enough and nibbling on your ear, its hard to tell that ears are not pierced, and gives the pierced ear look. Yes it does not beat real pierced ears but if done properly its hands down better than clip or screw ons, and your selection of earings are much better.....Only pain is removing tape if you happen to have a bit of downy type hair on your ear lobe ;-) Some styles of posts or wires work better than others, but no matter what kind you use they all work better than clipons do.

wendy
04-24-2006, 02:20 PM
in my younger years, my aunt left a few pieces of her jewellery at my parent's home and I remember wearing a clip earrings. I don't recall it being painful.:D

mskilmer
04-24-2006, 02:50 PM
I wear clipons a lot. Someone mentioned "screw-ons" ... that reminded me of my grandmother. She always referred to earrings as "ear screws" ... HAH!

janedoe311
04-25-2006, 03:18 PM
The french clip on ear rings have a larger back so they do not hurt. It is the clip on ear rings that look like pierced ear rings that will hurt. My grandmother,mother and sister used French clipon ear rings with no problems.

No pierced ears in my family.

Joanna0909a
04-25-2006, 05:22 PM
Hi,
I agree with most of the girls, clip ons work, but they can be a little painful. However most of the time, especially if I go out, I get so into being out AND dressed that I soon forget about it.

I too am bummed about the lack of selection. I recentlyfound a store that had several to choose from and I bought all 3 styles.
Joanna

Sally24
04-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Most do hurt if you wear them for any length of time. The ones with very soft pads in the back seem to grip better, and hurt less. I have a few magnetic ones that I picked up at Claires and they are good if you're trying for a post or solitaire type look. They can also hurt in the back because the magnet is very small.

I like to buy classic or antique earings and find that they are unique compared to new ones. You won't end up with earings like the next girl when you go out!

Vannacd
04-25-2006, 07:13 PM
They used to hurt, but I don't feel fully dressed without them, so I refused to stop wearing them. I guess somewhere along the line my lobes developed callouses or something, because I can now wear clip-ons all night. There are little pads you can buy that will cushion them.

I don't have pierced ears and won't get them done until I do the both of them. But since clip-ons are out of fashion, they can be found in thrift shops and consignment stores by the shovelful.

allisonrn06
04-26-2006, 12:01 PM
I have one ear pierced(did it a couple of years ago),but before I did that used to buy clip-ons occasionally.I found that they hurt a little bit after wearing them awhile,but I would keep them on as long as i was dressed.And I wanted to say Shelly that you have great legs girl!:cheeky:

anne16
04-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Hi Ladies

Hi you will have to shop around, some hurt after a about an hr. i buy from ebay 50% are ok.
Anne.

JoAnnDallas
04-26-2006, 01:15 PM
I wear clip-ons and found that they are not a bother and never had any pain assoicated with wearing them.

Eileen
04-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Just a passing thought. I know clipons leave a mark, but I no longer care about the mark. I wear the earrings and if there is a mark, I do not care!

Eileen

sherri
04-26-2006, 02:30 PM
RE hard to find --- I just happened to ask for assistance in finding clip-ons at Penneys once and the salesgirl started digging around under the counter and came up with about 30 pair. Never hurts to ask.

janedoe311
04-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Look on ebay for french clip ons. Search clip on ear rings and french ear rings. You can get a bag of used ones even antique ones for less than the shipping. They did not have too many french ones but they were there.

Phyliss
04-29-2006, 04:27 AM
Happened to be passing through Macy's yesterday and I slowed down at the jewelery counter just to look at earrings and the nice sales girl asked if she could help. Mentioned that I was looking for clipon types and she lead me to the other side of the counter where she had a whole rack of them. Found a nice pair of conservative rings in white gold style, and at $15 I just couldn't pass up the chance. (Thanks loads;) )
The nice part about these is that they don't have that spring thingy in the back but rather there is a pad that will push against the back part of your earlobe. Many years ago I had a pair of them with the spring gizmo and after awhile I could notice them. This pair, I've had on for about two hours now, and I can hardly notice them unless I concentrate on thinking about them.

janedoe311
05-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Happened to be passing through Macy's yesterday and I slowed down at the jewelery counter just to look at earrings and the nice sales girl asked if she could help. Mentioned that I was looking for clipon types and she lead me to the other side of the counter where she had a whole rack of them. Found a nice pair of conservative rings in white gold style, and at $15 I just couldn't pass up the chance. (Thanks loads;) )
The nice part about these is that they don't have that spring thingy in the back but rather there is a pad that will push against the back part of your earlobe. Many years ago I had a pair of them with the spring gizmo and after awhile I could notice them. This pair, I've had on for about two hours now, and I can hardly notice them unless I concentrate on thinking about them.

I think that is the French clip ons. If I remember they have a large padded back.

Annaliese
05-03-2006, 06:08 PM
http://www.crossdresser.com/index.asp

This sit has some nice things.

Anna