PDA

View Full Version : Addicted?

Jerry
11-08-2004, 10:41 PM
Any chance this is an addiction? I wonder what similarities there are to drugs, alcohol, or sex addictions. No doubt my "pleasure center" is hit when I think or act on my dressing. That's a pretty positive reinforcement. It also seems like the more I do it, the more I want to. When I get away, intentionally or unintentionally, I will go through a withdrawl. At times I've stayed away for relatively long periods (months) that seem to have some relief. Oh, who knows. If it itches, scratch it! Hog hugs. Jerry

StephanieCD
11-08-2004, 10:43 PM
I believe I'm addicted to the taboo of it. I can sometimes replace it with other fetishes but only for so long.

Tristen Cox
11-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Nope no periods here. I am definitly addicted maybe there should be an on call doctor for us blethermouths ;)

JennyCD
11-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Interesting thought, but then I've never allowed myself to follow up on the CD thing until recently but it has always been a big part of me, so I'm not sure what that does to the addiction idea.

StephanieCD
11-08-2004, 10:48 PM
Ooops! Thought you were referring to CD! LOL

Well, there IS Internet addiction... ;)

// guilty

Sharon
11-08-2004, 10:49 PM
It's not an addiction, it's who we are! This forum is definitely addictive though. Leaves cover the lawn, dust accumulates on table-tops, meals are quickly prepared and gobbled, my own writing has hit a roadblock..., but here I am every day, and it doesn't matter whether it's four in the AM or PM.

Where's the yawning smilie?

StephanieCD
11-08-2004, 10:51 PM
Tellin' ya, hun, read Letters to a Young Poet if your own writing is collecting dust.

Random side note: ever heard of the Artist's Way? It's a creative block self help type of book - worth it.

Stephanie Brooks
11-08-2004, 10:59 PM
No. It's not an addiction! I hate doing it!!!! When I get away from it, I don't miss it at all. They MAKE me wear these boy clothes.

Sharon
11-08-2004, 10:59 PM
So Stephanie, do you happen to be this young poet of whom you keep speaking? :cool:

JennyCD
11-08-2004, 11:01 PM
LOL I know the feeling.

Jen_TGCD
11-08-2004, 11:01 PM
My name is Jen... and I'm a blethermouth crossdresser !!! :o

StephanieCD
11-08-2004, 11:02 PM
Letters to a Young Poet, by Ranier Maria Rilke

This link takes you to an online transcription of the book. It's a small collection of letters between a fledgling author and a famous poet. One of the most inspiring things I've read. I used to carry a pocket edition everywhere.

Stephanie Brooks
11-08-2004, 11:03 PM
My name is Jen... and I'm a blethermouth crossdresser !!! :o
Hello Jen!

12 step. Is that like line dancing?

crispy
11-08-2004, 11:24 PM
like Erica, I find it is addictive. I got withdrawal symptoms when I was away from the forum for 2 weeks.

oh! do you mean Dressing? It's not addictive, it's just normal behaviour. Would you rather go undressed?

< :D >

JennyCD
11-08-2004, 11:31 PM
like Erica, I find it is addictive. I got withdrawal symptoms when I was away from the forum for 2 weeks.

oh! do you mean Dressing? It's not addictive, it's just normal behaviour. Would you rather go undressed?

< :D >

Sometimes I would but the authorities frown on that sort of thing :)

Jen_TGCD
11-08-2004, 11:43 PM
Hello Jen!

12 step. Is that like line dancing?

Ohhhhh Noooooo...... Did I just "out" myself to the wrong group??? :o

There goes my future plans to become a politician! :(

JennyCD
11-09-2004, 12:01 AM
Ohhhhh Noooooo...... Did I just "out" myself to the wrong group??? :o

There goes my future plans to become a politician! :(

Now why would you want to ruin your reputation by being associated with politics?

Isn't the 12 step just six people doing the two step? :D

Tristen Cox
11-09-2004, 07:21 AM
Isn't the 12 step just six people doing the two step?

!Lmao!

Ok, well maybe we can just use a patch :p Ummm, Vicky you'll have to wear 2 until you can control that incredible posting rate.

hehe...only kidding princess we love you (besides you're raising my average) ;)

Rachel Elizabeth
11-09-2004, 09:59 AM
:p :p :p

The forum is addictive! But it is really great to be able to share feelings and emotions with other girls. It is like having a lot of sisters.

The dressing is definitely addictive. I started out at 5 and it took me 40 years before I felt I was not guilty of something. Now, I know that it is the female inside of me needing to experience freedom. Since I travel on business almost every week, I always carry Rachel with me. The more Rachel goes out, the more Rachel wants to stay out.

Hugs