PDA

View Full Version : Lipstick Application and Wear

Sally2
04-23-2006, 07:46 AM
I don't know about you girls out there but lipstick application has been one of my weakest areas whenever I get ready to go out as Sally. And you always have to be ready to touch up after some drinks and dinner. I think I have improved but when I see some pics of other members I feel a little inadequate. Their application seems perfect. Anyway I just bought a new lipstick by maybelline called Superstay Lipcolor. Its a spong tip applicator with a sealer. I never experienced anything like it. I went out for dinner last wednesday and had a couple glasses of wine and ate dinner. I never saw a trace of the lipcolor on the glass and didn't need to touch up after dinner. In fact, I had a hard time removing the lipcolor before I went to bed. I heartily recommed this lipcolor (its not a lipstick but rather a liquid) and its wax sealer. If anyone else has used this product please voice your experience with it. Sally2

GypsyKaren
04-23-2006, 07:52 AM
I've never used that product, but I will give it a try. One thing I have found is that cheap lipsticks are harder to apply and maintain than the ones costing a few bucks more...lesson learned.

Karen

Lindahexi
04-23-2006, 07:54 AM
Hi Sally, I haven't used that, but after reading your post I will definitely try it. I normally use a lip liner pencil then fill in with normal tube lipstick, does the Superstay give a good sharp outline to the lips?

Bev06 GG
04-23-2006, 08:02 AM
Hi Sally,
Yes I have had experience of these type of permanant lipsticks and personally I dont like them. Like you said they are very difficult to remove, and your lips are just as suseptible to damage as your skin is when trying to remove makeup. Also they do flake after a full days wear, especially if you eat oily foods, and then they look quite unsightly. You can't just top it up like you can a regular lipstick.
I find a good way of making lipstick last alittle longer is to buy a matching lip liner, colour the whole of the lip with it, and then put your lipstick over the top. The more coats of lipstick you apply the better it will last.
I would recommend lipsticks that go on creamily and in an even layer, Matt lipsticks last longer than sheer ones, or lip glosses, and if you dont like matt finish go for a creamy. Matt lipsticks dont tend to blead and dont come off on cups as quickly.
Hope thats useful.
Take care
BEVxxxx

DanaJ
04-23-2006, 09:25 AM
There are many of these "all-day" lipcolors on the market, I think every cosmetics maker has one.

I have used them many times, they are easy to come off if you used a oil-based remover on your lips - baby oil, vaseline or even eye make-up remover. This is what I do and it comes off without a trace.....

Karren H
04-23-2006, 09:47 AM
Sounds great Sally but for my "just-in-time crossdressing" (grin) I need something that I can remove quickly and that comes off completely. Loreal fits the bill and tastes wonderful too!!!!!

Love Karren

jdotp75
04-23-2006, 10:57 AM
Tonight I get my first makeup lesson. My s.o. is a professional makeup artist so I've never done my own. But I know how you feel. All of these girls are so pretty! I really can't wait to post some pics and get some feedback. But I will say this, she's worked for Chanel, Clinique, Lauder...and the list goes on. 1.makeup is only one part you must also look into skin care.
2.we all know you get what you pay for. If this is just a hobby you are only into once every couple of months, go cheap. But if you spend the time on yourself, spend the money on yourself! PAMPER YOURSELF IN EVERY WAY! I promise you deserve it!

chantelle
04-23-2006, 11:52 AM
I agree about the lipliner.But longlasting,too risky.

Sam-antha
04-23-2006, 01:19 PM
Lucky lucky Jdot.
I canno tremember the "varnish" coating material that I use. It is tucked away in the handbag, ut it works just fine. No stain, no removal problem.
When I get a chance I will dig it out.

DonnaT
04-23-2006, 01:43 PM
I find a good way of making lipstick last alittle longer is to buy a matching lip liner, colour the whole of the lip with it, and then put your lipstick over the top. The more coats of lipstick you apply the better it will last.

That's the way I do it too.

Note that if you use a sealer the lips are subject to drying and cracking due to lack of moisture.

Phoebe Reece
04-23-2006, 08:14 PM
I use Lipfinity by Max Factor, which is the same type of "lip paint" that you described. Usually I can go through an entire day with it and only have to reapply the gloss periodically. To get it off, a cotton ball soaked with baby oil takes it right off. The only problem is the baby oil tastes terrible.:puke: