PDA

View Full Version : Telling your doctor

ieya
11-09-2004, 03:01 AM
Has anyone else besides me took a long time to actually talk to thier doctor about thier Crossdressing , transsecual , transgendered feelings?

Took me till last year to actually tell my doctor the truth. That was almost forced out of me as i was in a deep depression at the time.

After he finely got out what the cause of my depression was he was kind enough to find more information . This year end september he is searching for a counsellor for me.

My friends and family do not know of my feelings .
has anyone else gone through this?

love ieya
xxxxxxxxxx

Wendy me
11-09-2004, 07:33 AM
ieya, sometimes you just have to tell someone abought all this cding to vent i think that was a real possitive thing to do keep us posted you won't be sorry for seeing a counsellor
huggs

Rachel Elizabeth
11-09-2004, 09:48 AM
When I first moved to Indianapolis, I needed to find a doctor. I did a search and found a wonderful female doctor who specializes in travel medicine [a good find for me because I am constantly flying somewhere.]

Over the past three years, I have been tempted to get into a discussion with her about my feelings. I am feeling more confident as time passes that I will enter into that conversation; however, when I do, I know that she will ask me if I intend to go further with this topic. I don't know yet what I would tell her.

But, yes, I would discuss it with her; but, I would never discuss it with a male doctor.

Hugs

ieya
11-09-2004, 02:21 PM
sorry forget that all are not from the UK.

referring to my GP.
Youll be suprised how versed he is on transsexual now.

He might have found me a counsellor in manchester.
And the hormone treatment is still being worked out ( the correct dosage etc)

love ieya
xxxxxxxxxxx

Rachel Elizabeth
11-09-2004, 02:34 PM
GP....would that be Government Physician, General Practioner.....

Sorry....could not help but "Yank" your chain.

Hugs.

Karenscott
11-10-2004, 04:39 AM
Yes, i finally told my (female) doctor. I was seeing her for some medication due to stress, and she asked what was realy bothering me. Some how, i just blurted out that my therapist has diagnosed me as transgendered. My doc didn't bat an eye lash! She spoke lightly about hormones, and that she could oversee my program. She also told me that I was her first t/g patient and she looked forward to working with me when the time was right. Now,,,,, if only it is that easy to tell my family and friends......

Elinor
11-10-2004, 09:14 AM
Hi there! I don't feel that I am ill therefore there is no cure. Who wishes to be cured? I'm not to sure one can be it will always come back stronger than ever someday. The best thing I think is to accept that one just loves being a female now and then and have fun with it. No good beating ones self up over it. Its me part of me sometimes am a woman {Lesbian} some times a man. I like to wear a skirt and high heels it does me GOOD not harm. I'm telling no one, except my other sisters here and elsewhere like
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Girlwithin/links

My wee web page Girlwithin. The link should take you to links where you will find links to help pages on other sites. KEEP ON SKIRTING ! As if you could/would stop. :D

Georgette
11-10-2004, 09:53 AM
Not yet But have a physical coming up and going to have to explain the shaved chest and legs and whole body , but only if he asks.
Don't ask don"t tell. lol :)
Hugs

Be who you want to be not what others think you should be :rolleyes: