PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance?

cdjamie
04-23-2006, 12:39 PM
I once had an off-the-cuff discussion with an elderly lady of notable high fashion modeling stature. Being in the business she was in, she had been around the block a time or two and was quite knowledgeable about life. We talked about many things; fashions, marriage, relationships, etc. After a while, I admitted to her that I wore women’s undergarments and had done this for many years. At first, she didn’t believe me but the more I talked about it, she realized that I was on the level and asked me why I did it. I told her that it made me feel good inside and that I am most comfortable when I am wearing what I like to wear.
She suggested that not only was it unacceptable, but abnormal behavior, and that I needed mental help to see my way clear as playing the life of a male role model.
Of course, one discussion led to another. I finally questioned her to explain to me the proper male role model. After her pat answer, she said that, aside from theatrics, it was not ethical or acceptable for a man to wear women’s clothing, period.
On the subject of relationship or marriage, she stated that no matter what the female may say favorable or unfavorable things about her male companion, any woman in her right mind would never deep down in her heart accept a man who wears women’s intimates.
No matter my thoughts on the matter, all I could do was respect her opinion.

Society has a peculiar way of deciding what taboo is and what is not when it comes to values.
Webster’s dictionary defines value as: A principle, standard, or quality considered worthwhile or desirable.
What is ‘principle” anyway? To society, it’s a basic generalization that is accepted as true and that can be used as a basis for reasoning or conduct.
Is conduct a behavior by which we are judged or condemned? Again, Webster states that conduct is the way a person acts, especially from the standpoint of morality and ethics.
Well…we can go on and on, discussing morality and ethics until we’re blue in the face, and the bottom line is that there is a no win-win outcome.

Suffice it to write, there are endless issues concerning values, conforming to standards of what is right or just in behavior.
Is there anything wrong with a man wearing women’s clothing? Society, I dare write, would say, YES! Is there anything wrong with a woman wearing men’s clothing? Again, society for the most part would say, NO.
Me thinks that a woman has far more leniency in doing whatever she pleases whereas a man is prejudiced when it comes to attires. I say bravo for her.
Hundreds of years ago, as part of fashion, men wore dress-like clothing, along with stockings. Did they wear panties that women wore then? Who knows?
Unfortunately, we’re brought up thoroughly grounded as to the custom values that are placed on each of us.
I, for one, was brought up to understand that intimates are very personal and private, and this included a woman’s vagina and her breast - articles and anatomy of which I was forbidden to talk about. Parental and primary education has so much to do with it. We need to understand that it’s the being inside that matters, not by what they wear.

I suppose what comes around goes around and that time will only tell. Over the years, I find that most women from my era are fixed and unmovable in their convictions about what a man should or should not wear.
No matter the budding relationship, I tell a woman up front that I wear stockings and panties and she soon runs for cover because she thinks I’m a mental case.
No matter the friendship I had with males, those who did not share the things of the TG world, I tell him that I like to wear bras, slips, perfume, and wear high heels, among other things, and he is quick to judge and scorns me to shame.
So, having lived through the trying years, I now live a life of solitude, comfortable with who and what I am, a human being that has no bounds in judging what others may or may not wear. I won’t make compromises, false promises about living a life that is not me.
Those associated with the TG world are not threat to the female population. Indeed, we’re a bigger ally to women than most realize.

Loneliness? Sure, it gets lonely living in the TG world, so much so that I wanted to scream to the world to wake up and smell the roses. Make them understand that those of the TG community are not all a bunch of whackos. A myriad of life are represented: Engineers, Doctors, Lawyers, Bricklayers, Truck drivers, Baker’s…the list goes on and most are productive citizens. We’re not a threat to life, ignorance is.
We want to be able to wear what makes us the most comfortable. Is that so much to ask?

Siobhan Marie
04-23-2006, 12:54 PM
No its not too much to ask. We are who we are and we have the right to wear what makes us feel good and comfortable, Women can wear mens clothes and nothing is said, so what is so wrong with us wanting to wear womens clothes? Personally I can't see a problem, Why is it considered so wrong?. It is not a mental illness, there is nothing mentally wrong with any of us. Despite society telling us that there is. Society's ideas of us are frankly both Victorian and Draconian. To see a mental health professional is not the answer nor is seeing a therapist. When I was at primary school, I must have 7 or 8 and I wrote a story in which I mentioned panties and I was refer to the school psychologist and had to see her for a while. But I have never forgotten that. You're right, the world does need to wake up and smell the roses and the coffee. Nothing is black and white anymore. A square peg will not go into a round hole. Homosexuals don't get treated this way so why should we?

Hugs Anna x

Helen MC
04-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Frankly I couldn't give a **** what anyone else thinks about my wearing women's underwear "underdressing" as I have done since I was 12. Democracy to me means that they are entited to their opinion, but it also means I neither have to listen to nor pay any heed to it!.

Some people believe the Pope is Infallible, good luck to them, I don't! Similary, some consider pork and shellfish unclean and will not eat them, I eat them and think they are delicious. Some others consider alcoholic drinks to be taboo, I like a glass of white wine or a pint of lager. People can hold these opinions as much as they like as long as they don't dare to try to force them on me or modify my behaviour to suit their beliefs or moral code. If it's legal and harms nobody else then you should be free as an adult to do as you wish.

Joy Carter
04-23-2006, 01:02 PM
Jamie till one comes along you have all us to be friends with !

RenaCD
04-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Jamie very, very well written unfortunately we are not there yet, making leaps and bounds, especially here on this Forum, but the world turns slowly as small as it is.
Sunlight and total Freedom are a long way off, But Our Call to Arms are making Progress and WE will be Heard!

Great Thread Hugs Rena:thumbsup:

gennee
04-23-2006, 01:23 PM
I read your post with great interest. I have been crossdressing for only ten months and I :<3: it. This woman's response to your question of what is the proper male role model was revealing. I don't believe that there is one specific way to be a role model. I also believe that many things associated with masculinity is much ado about nothing. Is it less manly to be a poet than, say, building an engine? I don't believe so. Each is to be respected for their talent and skill.

You are right about crossdressers not threatening to women. I show my love for women by crossdressing. I am willing to suffer some of things that they suffer (marginalization, loss of male privilege). This is why I love those who have or are transitioning. They are going out and living their true lives.

I encourage you to be who you are. I know I'm not confused because I am being who I really am.

Gennee

gennee
04-23-2006, 01:29 PM
No its not too much to ask. We are who we are and we have the right to wear what makes us feel good and comfortable, Women can wear mens clothes and nothing is said, so what is so wrong with us wanting to wear womens clothes? Personally I can't see a problem, Why is it considered so wrong?. It is not a mental illness, there is nothing mentally wrong with any of us. Despite society telling us that there is. Society's ideas of us are frankly both Victorian and Draconian. To see a mental health professional is not the answer nor is seeing a therapist. When I was at primary school, I must have 7 or 8 and I wrote a story in which I mentioned panties and I was refer to the school psychologist and had to see her for a while. But I have never forgotten that. You're right, the world does need to wake up and smell the roses and the coffee. Nothing is black and white anymore. A square peg will not go into a round hole. Homosexuals don't get treated this way so why should we?

Hugs Anna x

Hi, Anna. I viewed your blog and it is great! You look absolutely lovely!! i have a blog, too. It is www.difecta.blogspot.com which chronicles my transformation from my male personna to 'Gennee'.

Gennee

Julie Avery
04-23-2006, 01:41 PM
Things like what that elderly model said to you really get my goat. I'd rather be called a disgusting freak than be told sympathetically, "you're abnormal and need therapy". There are so many blonde assumptions behind that crap.

Hitting 60 home runs in a season is abnormal behavior for a baseball player. Becoming a millionaire is abnormal behavior for a worker.

I think what she'd have said if she'd thought a little harder was not "abnormal behavior" but "behavior which elicits disapproval from most."

So we can take down that more carefully thought out argument. Quakers who opposed slavery in the USA in the 1830's were engaging in behavior most of their fellow citizens disapproved of. Owners of textile factories in New England in the 1830's who disapproved of child labor (I'm not sure such critters ever actually existed) would certainly have been disapproved of by their peers. If the south had had a vote in 1864, Abraham Lincoln would not have been elected to a second term as president of the USA and our history perhaps have followed a course like that of South Africa. And Martin Luther King could never have won a majority vote during his lifetime in the USA on any question whatsoever. Thankfully, none of those people were subjected to "therapy" which convinced or enabled them to live according to the morality of the majority.

Etc etc etc.

I think once a CD finds their moral compass, it can be a strong compass, because we come to understand clearly that we need to ask ourselves, with regard to things we do, "Is it right, or wrong", not "what do most people think about it", and not "what do the psychoanalysts think of it". And we come to understand that answering this question of whether an act is right or wrong involves asking who is being made to suffer what. A morally mature CD understands the first rule of the Hippocratic Oath which ought to guide psychoanalysts extremely well: "First, do no harm."

I'm not saying CD's are saints, far from it (though some surely are). But I'm saying that a CD's road to moral clarity is a much more difficult road than is ever traveled by most people.

Unfortunately, as long as an mtf CD is in the binge-and-purge cycle, I think that when the gurl gets out, she's liable to lose control, and that's why the guy in the frumpy clothes keeps trying to lock her up - she's lacking a moral compass, and no wonder, her having spent so very much time in solitary confinement.

It's hard for that guy in the frumpy clothes who sometimes admits to himself that he likes to crossdress, to sort out the difference between things that make him ashamed because other people disapprove of them, and things like infidelity that make him ashamed because his inner compass tells him they're wrong. Nothing worth knowing is learned easily.