PDA

View Full Version : TG/CD/TSTV Support Groups

cdjamie
04-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Living temporarily in an area where there none, I long to belong to a local group of ladies that have nothing but fun and having that certain connection that can only exist between us.
I used to belong to Tri-ess, as well as the Emerald Club of Seattle before moving on and I miss it very much.

It will be interesting to note how many of us belong to a support group.

Joy Carter
04-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Would love to find one close by and some gurl friends to socialize with. It would make things so much easier to be with gurls who feel the same.

maid phylis
04-23-2006, 04:27 PM
any one in the new york area come over to crossdressers international ,,,thats www.cdinyc.org/

Shelly Preston
04-23-2006, 04:34 PM
The nearest I have come to a suppot group is all the friends I have here

Nothing else required

Karren H
04-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Don't really need any support except maybe support hose!! hehehe Am getting up there in years!!! But never had a prolem with going out and doing things enfemme on my own soooooo.

Love Karren

Eugenie
04-23-2006, 04:48 PM
any one in the new york area come over to crossdressers international ,,,thats www.cdinyc.org/

I'll second that :happy:

I went for a visit in May 2004 and was very warmly accepted as the "French visitor".

I wish there were a similar group around whare I live in Southern France :(

Love to all the gurls from CDINY. I hope to have the pleasure to visit you again sometime in the near future.

Eugenie

CharleneCD
04-23-2006, 09:09 PM
I love the group I belong to. I go for the great company, not for any real support.

Denise01
04-23-2006, 09:13 PM
The closest support group that i have found is about 125 miles from me, and that is a little far for an evening especially if you have to go and come the same day.
I would love to find a local support group, and not so much for the support, as for the company and to meet other girls in the area

Denise:)

sterling12
04-24-2006, 12:21 AM
For those who responded, "No I don't belong but would like to find one". Here's an original idea, why not start your own?

I know that people who contact Tri-Ess and are trying to do a start-up on a new chapter get lots of support, ideas, and materials. I'm sure most of the other national organizations are similar. These organizations want you to succeed and belong but, they can't help you if they can't make contact with you.

Yes, you will have to do some work and it's a scary thing to go out there and find a meeting site and talk to outsiders but, for a lot of you, a happier CD is what you'll be, just meeting, talking, and working with your new "Sista's"!

The main function of most support groups is support, but only when solicited. Most of the time at meetings I attend, it is a social activity and that's great! We have a lot of fun and for many of us, the monthly meeting or an impromptu get-together is a highlight on our calenders.

We got talking about numbers at the last local group meeting I attended. I have a theory that for everyone of us who joins a group, there may well be Ten Thousand, Fifty Thousand, maybe a Hundred Thousand or more who never even get a chance or take the chance, to socialize and interact. That seems to be a real pity!

If you don't have a regional group within a reasonable distance, I urge you to take a few minutes and contact one of these national support groups. For many of you it might just be a matter of "getting the ball rolling", making a start. It might be one of the best things you have ever done for your Femme Self!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Colleen Merryweather
04-24-2006, 02:14 AM
Sometimes I find it hard to join a group because I am a GG and not a cross dresser per se.

Most members of groups I do get to join seem to be happy that I found them; that was the case in Hawaii when I was there especially.

I'm not so sure I can qualify myself as a "significant other" because this is my interest I am persuing, not because it is the interest of my partner.

Are there groups for admirers? if there are, wouldn't we prefer to go where you(crossdressers) are rather than where we(admirers) are?

this is a good question/poll. it has made me think.:happy:

Marissa_taylor
04-24-2006, 04:48 AM
Would love to find one close by and some gurl friends to socialize with. It would make things so much easier to be with gurls who feel the same.

Joy,
I am in northeastern Ohio and used to belong to the local chapter of Tri-ess. They meet twice a month at a location about 8 miles from me. I know it's a little far for you, but there just might be a chapter in your area. Detroit maybe.
here is thier website: http://www.tri-ess.org/

Marissa

Teresa Amina
04-24-2006, 05:33 AM
It seems that Tri-ess is mostly for married CDrs. How many unattached folk belong? There is a group apparently forming not to far from here. Worth contacting them?+?

TGMarla
04-24-2006, 07:41 AM
I don't belong to a support group, except of course, to this one. Because of my home situation, I am not at great liberty to go out. So I have not pursued the local organization. My logistics simply are not conducive to joining it. Were I to join it, I probably wouldn't be able to dress for it, and even then, I'd have to lie to my wife about where I'd been and what I'd been doing. At this point, I choose not to put myself in that situation.

Tiffy
04-24-2006, 07:52 AM
I do not belong to a group other than this board. But, I would like to and contacted the local group this past week. Talked it over with her last night and no just waiting to hear from them again and to see if I have the guts.

kisses, April Marie

urban gypsy
04-24-2006, 08:06 AM
[quote=Shelly_P]The nearest I have come to a suppot group is all the friends I have here

Just to add to this there are not that many support groups in the uk.
Other countries are far luckier than us.

Marissa_taylor
04-24-2006, 05:39 PM
It seems that Tri-ess is mostly for married CDrs. How many unattached folk belong? There is a group apparently forming not to far from here. Worth contacting them?+?

Teresa,
A good number of girls that attended the Tri-ess meetings were unattached. It's a support group for cds, significant others, and thier families. Single cds are welcome to attend also. I happened to attend with my girlfriend at the time. But I have contacted them since, and was welcome to attend on my own.
I say yes...it's well worth contacting them. You have nothing to lose :)

Marissa

SherriePall
04-24-2006, 06:12 PM
I have wanted to join, but the nearest one is about an hour and a half away. I even contacted them once and I know that I will eventually join them for a meeting.

sharifemme
04-25-2006, 01:36 PM
I am in the middle of the New York State Southern Tier. Not too many of us who step out of the closet even though I know there must be many transgenders around. I belong to STGA of Ithaca, NY and also used to be a member of Ithaca Tri-Ess. The Tri-Ess group never got off the ground.

Ithaca is a 90 minute trip on a good day and it would be great if a group would start up slightly west of there considering fuel prices today.

Sharifemme

kathy gg
04-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Hi Colleen

I am also a gg that was a {former} admirer. I actually had one support group tell me to come back once I had a boyfriend! It was hinted I would be a threat to the wives who were struggeling with this. I tried to explain I wanted to date a "single" cd, not a married one, but that did not seem to help my cause. Needless to say I kept looking an eventually found a group that would take me on without judgement. I did not find my hubby through that group, but I did make a lifelong friend and that in itself was worth getting turned down by that first group!

I think that most groups would be cool with it, but calling ahead or emailing who ever is in charge of membership will have to happen, in other words you probably cannot just show up, unless you are at a convention.

I know the group my hubby and I belong to have let male and gg admirers belong. I think as long as the admirer {be it male or female} is polite, respectful, and not handsy {after a few drinks!} you will be very welcome.

Also, on a side note! I should write a book for us gg admireres! I have met quiet a few this week alone! Looks like that "one in a million" statistic is wrong after at. :p

Sometimes I find it hard to join a group because I am a GG and not a cross dresser per se.

Most members of groups I do get to join seem to be happy that I found them; that was the case in Hawaii when I was there especially.

I'm not so sure I can qualify myself as a "significant other" because this is my interest I am persuing, not because it is the interest of my partner.

Are there groups for admirers? if there are, wouldn't we prefer to go where you(crossdressers) are rather than where we(admirers) are?

this is a good question/poll. it has made me think.:happy:

VeronicaMoonlit
04-25-2006, 11:09 PM
Hmmm, interesting poll statistics.

Veronica

Mandy Salamander
04-26-2006, 12:24 AM
at one time i did join the local support group, but haven't been active for quite some time,,,,, they never went out, or did anything,('cept f' a christmas party), and offered little support for those wishing to transition further, and meetings were highly structured,('n more griping 'n complaining 'bout our miserable lot in life, than having any funn),,,,, soooo,,, seemed hardly more than just another closet t' hide in,,,,,,,,,,,, am sure other groups are much better 'n this 's just my personal opinion, but it just wasn't for mee!!!

Tiffany Anne 9954
04-28-2006, 02:01 PM
I used to belong in a support group in Detroit (lived in Windsor at the time) but I had to leave the group when I moved to where I am now. I do miss going to the group meeting and some of thier outing when I was a member there.
I got to know a few when I was in the group and I wish I was still a member there.
Where I live now there is a group in Toronto (95 miles south of me) but I don't drive and another thing I don't know anybody here where I live.

bredalee25
04-28-2006, 03:22 PM
Sorry I thought this counted so I answered that I do but it appears that I don't

stephanie100
04-28-2006, 04:12 PM
[quote=Shelly_P]The nearest I have come to a suppot group is all the friends I have here

Just to add to this there are not that many support groups in the uk.
Other countries are far luckier than us.

London i think is your nearest.
Manchester for me. (still a trip though)
steph:sad: