PDA

View Full Version : summer dressing

Leslie16
04-24-2006, 09:19 AM
Anyone have hints as to what to wear in the summer? In the winter, things are relatively easy -- a jacket or coat disguises my broad shoulders. I also can shave my legs in the winter, and wear miniskirts, something I can't do in the summer. That allows me to be somewhat passable in public, and to wear some sexy stuff at clubs, etc. So what can one do in the summer? Pants aren't any fun, or can they be? How can you disguise your shoulders and arms? Any good ideas to look passable and sexy in the summer?

MistyCD
04-24-2006, 09:33 AM
Hi Leslie, welcome to the group....Summer is the best time of the year. You can wear light dresses, skorts, capris and sandals

Hugs Misty

Leslie16
04-24-2006, 09:43 AM
thanks for the welcome Misty! Nice to be here!! I guess my concern is how do you disguise hairy legs if you can't shave (I can in winter, but not summer). And how can you hide big shoulders without the safety of a coat or jacket? I'm sure there are tricks, but I'm not sure what they are!

Caitlintgsd
04-24-2006, 10:46 AM
I've heard of girls wearing 2 pairs of opaque hose to cover leg hair. I'd think that would be rather warm. You could try bleaching the hair and then perhaps getting away with a single layer. As for broad shoulders, when I wear something strappy I'll wear a coordinated longer sleeve top over it but perhaps won't button it all the way up. I think that a bulky sweater or jacket just adds extra on top of already broad shoulders making them look ever broader. I have broad shoulders as well.

Leslie16
04-24-2006, 10:58 AM
the long-sleeves could work -- maybe if they were loose too. I'm thinking maybe bell sleeves -- they are fashionable and sexy, and cover bulk I'd think. thanks.

BTW, you are right about bulky sweaters, etc. in the winter. I've found though, that jackets and coats work for me -- I don't know why but I pass a lot better wearing a coat than not. Its predictable -- I can be passing at a store or whatever wearing a coat, and the minute I take it off -- presto -- I'm clocked. I've also found wearing a poncho or cape (which are fashionable) works magic too. But alas can't do that in the summer!

I'm thinking maybe leggings for the leg problem too... I've noticed fashion mags are pushing a look with tight leggings (not PH) under skirts. Skin doesn't show, but the leg shape does, and you can wear veryvery short skirts with it. I can't tell though whether that's just a spring look, or would be OK in the summer too...

Caitlintgsd
04-24-2006, 11:11 AM
I don't wear ponchos. I had a white one and a pink one as well. The white one looked like a snowfield across my back. The pink one I was wearing when somebody took my worst pic ever taken. I like having my arms defined instead of covered. Without a poncho people can see my torso. With a poncho they only see the torso plus the outer width of my arms. Personal preference I guess.

stacie
04-24-2006, 11:15 AM
I have had my legs shaved during the summer last year and do intended on doing it again this year. Most of my CD friends shave year round and have no problems. I did have a few friends make some jokes, but it was in good fun and after awhile everyone gets use to it. During the summer months you want to be as comfortable as you can be, wearing extra pantyhose or cover up tights can get to be quite hot and not so pleasent. To make the shoulders not look so wide try wearing hip pads they will widen the look of your hips and make the shoulders seem smaller, they will give your body a more fem look and they can be found anywere online.

Leslie16
04-24-2006, 11:21 AM
oh I agree -- I only wear it or a coat when I need help passing! I'd rather show more if I could! (see "dress" thread.) Mine's in black, though, more forgiving!

HaleyPink2000
04-24-2006, 11:40 AM
I love summer actually. I like wearing the peasant skirts and tops with thong shoes. Or maybe open toe heels. It's a nice summer look and the skirts are cooler than pants I feel. Also no nylons with these long skirts.

Sharon_Rose
04-24-2006, 12:36 PM
I felt the way you do but I have let that pass. I started wearing shorts and skirts out along with tanks or camis. I keep my legs and arms waxed year round. I, too, thought someone would say something. They didn't. I got one or two looks but it is amazing the number of men whose legs are not hairy. One time my son asked me about my legs. I told him to look at his grandfather. After wearing trousers for so long, most of the hair is rubbed away. The only parts were on my feet and in the concave in the front lower leg. I told him it looked sillier to have patches of hair than none.

Then the metrosexual craze hit. Lots of young men are now having their bodies and brows waxed.

Annaliese
04-24-2006, 12:47 PM
I keep my legs shaved all year round and taned. Taning helps, there not as noticeable and I am finding that people just dont care the only comment I have had was a lady said my legs look better than here.

Anna

Sharon_Rose
04-24-2006, 12:57 PM
I keep my legs shaved all year round and taned. Taning helps, there not as noticeable and I am finding that people just dont care the only comment I have had was a lady said my legs look better than here.

Anna

I, too, have had women tell me that. My sister [who knows] actually was a little upset and told me that:"this sucks! my brother's legs look better than mine and he can wear heels and I can't." I take the compliments where I can get them.

Brianna Lovely
04-24-2006, 04:12 PM
I live in Florida where it's like summer ten months of the year. Started shaving my legs when I moved here, three years ago, and no one has ever said anything. Of course some people are more hairy than others, but I don't think there's anything to be afraid of, go ahead and keep them shaved.
Brianna

Leslie16
04-24-2006, 04:13 PM
yeah, I get lotsa comps on my legs too -- which is why I'd hate to wear pants for the summer!

Sharon_Rose
04-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Let's be real. Real girls can wear either. I have worn trousers/pants forever. I like the feeling of the breeze as it flows up your skirt. I like the flounce and the bounce. I like it when the wind blows your skirt or dress against your body, providing an outline. HOWEVER, I do know when to put my hand on my skirt/dress to keep it from blowing up TOOOOO
far.