PDA

View Full Version : Why do women hate pantyhose?

Jill
04-24-2006, 07:19 PM
I saw the bra thread and even though the GG's made a strong argument against bra's and made it easy to understand why the dislike for them, I wonder the same thing about pantyhose. The women I have talked to hate pantyhose, in fact the GG's I have talked to seem to hate pantyhose more then they hate bra's. I personally love wearing pantyhose more than anything, there's nothing I'd rather wear but why do GG's hate it so much? Thoughts?

Kerry Owens
04-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Try living in Texas and getting a classic heat rash from the danged pantyhose.....arrrgh!

Tamara Croft
04-24-2006, 07:33 PM
I was going to say.... this is worse than the bra thread ;) but you know that already!!! :slap:

I don't like them, they itch, they ache my legs, they dig in my waist, the bug the hell outta my feet.... I think the devil made them :p

Kate Simmons
04-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Beats me Jill. I always hated stockings myself, especially the seamed ones (which is what my Mom had when I started CDing--kinda dates me, Huh?). Keeping the seams straight was a nusiance plus those blasted garter belts! No, when pantyhose came out I was thrilled. Not only did they make my legs look great, but I felt secure--Leggs shear energy--fantastic! I like bras also. Guess the world has turned around, huh? Women hate bras and pantyhose but men (us) love them. Whoda figured? Take care Ericka

Maria2004
04-24-2006, 07:49 PM
I can't stand them either, to actualy wear them out in public in a hot climate as Kerry Owens mentioned (Georgia in the summer is no better Kerry :happy: ) , they dig at the waist as Tamara said, they don't breath, trapping heat from walking around. I'll take bare skin anyday. If I think I should be wearing "some type" of hose for a particular outfit, it's thigh or knee highs for me. I really don't like bras either anymore, wearing my glue on breast forms without a bra have proven to be more comfortable in the long run, when going out.

Kate Simmons
04-24-2006, 07:53 PM
Jill, Guess the GG's don't like them because of the heat and getting rashes or whatever. I just want to say, I go dancing in them every weekend (even in the summer after I shave my legs). I may sweat like crazy but still like wearing them (along with my bra, padded panty and slip). One of the "advantages" of being a guy/girl maybe? I'm not talking about slow dancing , I'm talking about continuous disco and club dancing. I'm no "spring chick" either. I'll be 59 this year and can still give these young gals a run on the dance floor, pantyhose notwithstanding (LOL)! Take care, Ericka

Angel73 GG
04-24-2006, 08:06 PM
Actually, I like pantyhose! I don't wear them very often though! I'm a pregnant SAHM doing home daycare......so I don't really have a need to wear them right now! But I do like the way they feel on my skin (as long as my legs are smooth and not prickly), and I like that they make my legs look prettier. What I hate about them is that they almost ALWAYS snag and run the first time I wear them :Angry3: and I've lived in two places with very hot climates, so that gets uncomfortable. Sweaty hose are yucky! But it's nice to dress up once in a while and put on some brand new hose! (I prefer black!)

Dana
04-24-2006, 08:25 PM
I was going to say.... this is worse than the bra thread ;) but you know that already!!! :slap:

I don't like them, they itch, they ache my legs, they dig in my waist, the bug the hell outta my feet.... I think the devil made them :p

LOL! When I read these two threads ~ I was reminded of a small child asking ~ Why do birds fly
~ Why keeps the clouds up
~ Where does the rain come from
~ What makes the sun stay in the sky
~ Why do __________________?

Butterfly Bill
04-24-2006, 08:29 PM
I would hate having to wear them every working day. I can only wear them when it is at least sweater cool. If I do even the slightest bit of sweating I want them off, and I'll use trouser socks or knee highs if I don't want to wear sandals.

Also, even if they don't run you still get holes, and a pair seldom remains in flawless condition more than about 3 wearings. I'd be consuming them at the rate of 1-2 pairs a week if I had to wear office clothes 5 days a week.

And the waistband on the 2X and 3X size hose, which I wear so they will stretch the length of my 6 feet/183 cm bod's legs, is not really designed for a tall man but rather a lady with a big wide caboose. As a result I can pull the waistband up almost to my nipples. Then I have to do a bunch of sitting or bending, and they start to roll down, and when they get down to top of my buns, where it stops, they are now a rubber band a centimeter wide, and I'm trying to figure out how to pull it back up under my outer whatever-it-is without being obvious.

MichelleGray502
04-24-2006, 09:10 PM
I personaly love wearing nylons and always do, i wear tights actully the reason being is that i find they are (1)- last lot longer and dont run as easy (2)- they seem fit you around your waist a lot better and very raely if ever they ever fall down. Also i should point out that it is very important to get the right size for how tall you are and that they fit securly from your toes to your waist and that prevents them from falling down.

the only time i dont wear them is like everyone else has said is when it gets to hot outside to wear them, but other times i wear them.

Sarah Smile
04-24-2006, 09:12 PM
I haven't really figured out the dislike of pantyhose either. I suspect it may have something to do with not having been educated enough about them. What kinds you buy and how you put them on and care for them have a drastic effect on their comfort and durability. Some pantyhose are very uncomfortable and not durable, but some are also quite the opposite.

Angel73 GG
04-24-2006, 09:14 PM
And the waistband on the 2X and 3X size hose, which I wear so they will stretch the length of my 6 feet/183 cm bod's legs, is not really designed for a tall man but rather a lady with a big wide caboose. As a result I can pull the waistband up almost to my nipples. Then I have to do a bunch of sitting or bending, and they start to roll down, and when they get down to top of my buns, where it stops, they are now a rubber band a centimeter wide, and I'm trying to figure out how to pull it back up under my outer whatever-it-is without being obvious.

ROFLMAO...thanks for the laugh Bill, that was hilarious. And hey, I resemble that big wide caboose comment. :straightface:

SarahHall
04-24-2006, 09:16 PM
I luv wearing pantyhose. They make my legs feel refreshed.

Julie Avery
04-25-2006, 03:40 AM
The devil made pantyhose? LOL!!! Spoken like a true GG. Perish the thought that a CD would ever say such a thing. The devil was too busy inventing neckties to be bothered much with hosiery.:p

Addie
04-25-2006, 03:54 AM
I think more people like them than hate them.

barbaracd
04-25-2006, 07:27 AM
I agree with Erica that pantyhose feels good whether it is 95 outside. I might sweat but it's worth the feel. I alos feel the same about stockings and garters .Whatever temperature they still feel good. I wear everyday under my work clothes and love it.

wendy
04-25-2006, 08:30 AM
Pantyhose/tights sure do feel good in the winter though, keeps the legs somewhat warm.:happy:

Kathi-Anne
04-25-2006, 09:22 AM
To me, Pantyhose are like a second skin. I love the simple pleasures of wearing pantyhose. Just this morning, I was sitting down in my home office and just had to admire how the morning sun just shimmered off my pantyhosed feet and legs. When I go to the grocery store, I love the way the pantyhose bend along my legs when I squat down to the lower shelves. Also when I get out of my car and the sun hits my pantyhosed foot and shines through my toes. I have to take my shoe off and just admire my pantyhosed foot. I wear them under my jeans in 95 degree heat. Although hot, it lets me know that I an en femme.

As far as women wearing pantyhose, I have yet to meet a GG that loves wearing pantyhose. Most GGs think of pantyhose as a source of oppression. I have yet to hear of a woman speak of pantyhose in a positive light.

These are some of Life's Simple pleasures.

kathy gg
04-25-2006, 09:56 AM
When i used to live in Texas, I hated pantyhose. Plus I never seemed to buy the right size and wound up with like this space to store a purse bewteen my legs!

But now that I live in Canada, I actually am okay with them now. When I was a bit thinner before I had our baby I think I had made peace with them, finally found a size that fit normal and also learned a few tricks to keep them from sliding down {which has been my #1 problem}.

But when winter/fall is finsihsed I much more prefer bare legs! Actually my sweety seems to have gotten over thinking pantyhose are sexy so I don't feel as compelled to wear them as before. Now they are strickly extra warmth.

But if I ever get funky looking legs as I get older I am sure I will aprecaite their masking ability. I do not like legs that look flawed.

A sage GG
04-25-2006, 10:40 AM
Because it should be an Olympic event to put them on!!!!!

Jodie_Lynn
04-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Oh ffs!

Whats next?

"Why do GG's hate wearing pads?"
"Why do GG's hate having an ovary knocked?"
"Why do GG's hate wearing 6" heels?"

How about:
"Why do GM's hate getting kicking in the jewels?"

Can we please stop the nonsensical questions? They are embarassing. Anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out that the fantasy is, more often than not, less desireable than the reality. And I fear that the women on this board will start to think we are all idiots. Or worse.

In male mode, I occasionally like to wear a 3 piece suit & tie when the situation calls for it. But I absolutely detest wearing a tie every day because it feels like I'm being strangled. So please, can we exercise a little intelligence before another inane thread like this rears its ugly head?

>deep breath<

OK, rants over. I'll go back to being my sweet, quiet self.
thanks for letting me vent

Jodie-Lynn

Jill
04-25-2006, 11:32 AM

I was just saying this for fun...

allisonrn06
04-25-2006, 11:56 AM
I don't get it either Jill. The only time I find pantyhose to be uncomfortable is if I'm wearing control tops or body shapers under my jeans and the top becomes rolled up,and then it's only uncomfortable at the waist.But this sometimes happens with my male underwear too.I'm with you - I love pantyhose:cheeky:

Jennifer Silverstone
04-25-2006, 12:10 PM
I'd be quite happy to wear tights everyday if I could, mind you I live in a colder climate than the southern USA so heat isn't a problem. If they're cutting into your waist perhaps you're wearing the wrong size. Diet not working?

ashlee chiffon
04-25-2006, 01:06 PM
are Ya gonna share You're tricks for keeping them from sliding down with us? hmmmm???

Ellie
04-25-2006, 01:24 PM
I want to start by saying that I completely understand why GGs hate pantyhose. Heat, rash, binding, yeast, etc.

Also, having lived in a much hotter state where I would wear them under my jeans I can sympathize but still the swish, tingle, and massage more then made up for their bad side. Pantyhose also made my hairy and possibly bruised or scraped guy legs looks very smooth, silky and oh so femme.

I'm kinda glad that women (esp big women) don't like pantyhose. It means that there is more for me! hehehehe.

Seriously, I just found a bunch of Just My Size pantyhose on the clearance rack at Target. $1.30 for a box of two and $0.80 for a single.

I bought all of the 3x's that they had left, some 8 or 10 boxes. I'm pretty much set for the next year when it comes to off-black and suntan pantyhose.

Sharon
04-25-2006, 01:25 PM
Oh ffs! ....

Can we please stop the nonsensical questions? They are embarassing. Anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out that the fantasy is, more often than not, less desireable than the reality. And I fear that the women on this board will start to think we are all idiots. Or worse.
So please, can we exercise a little intelligence before another inane thread like this rears its ugly head?

>deep breath<

OK, rants over. I'll go back to being my sweet, quiet self.
thanks for letting me vent

Jodie-Lynn

Tell you what -- why don't you let us know what questions are permissable and which ones aren't, and we'll do our best to keep you happy. And while we're at it, maybe we'll change the name of the site to Jodie-Lynn's Forum.

MistyCD
04-25-2006, 04:17 PM
I absolutely love wearing pantyhose, even if it's 100 degrees and the humidity is 95%, a typical summer day in New Jersey !!

Hugs Misty

BethCD
04-25-2006, 05:19 PM
Can't stand control top or support (too tight) but as soon as I'm home from work I have a pair on, along with at least a skirt. I wear my hose to bed (feel naked without 'em).

Beth

fancy nancy
04-25-2006, 06:32 PM
IILIVE IN FLORIDA AND WEAR TIGHTS UNDER MY JEANS AND OTHER PANTS ALL THE TIME NO MATTER WHAT THE WEATHER IS . AT MY JOB, THE TEMPERTURE IN THE WAREHOUSE STAYS AT 20 DEGREES SO WEARING TIGHTS AND MY OTHER WARM CLOTHES HELPS OUT WHIL EI AM WORKING IN THE WAREHOUSE. BESIDES,I LOVE THE FEEL OF TIGHTS ON MY SMOOTH SHAVED LEGS. I FIND IT FROM BEING ONCE MARRIED THAT WOMEN ALWAYS HAVE SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.:cool: :cool: :cool:

Kate Simmons
04-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Jill, I know you asked this for fun but I do notice this from the responses. Guess guy/girls like us just have the fortitude and stamina that goes with wanting to look nice. I endure it because I WANT to and like looking nice, not because I think society wants me to do it or anything. Plus I always get nice comments about my legs from both guys and girls. That's priceless to me and you can't beat that with a stick. Take care, Ericka

Jodi
04-25-2006, 07:52 PM
Panty hose comfort is directly proportional to to the cost. Cheap (99 cent) panty hose bought in the dollar store are hell. They scratch, itch, run easily, and sag. I learned a number of years ago to go the extra money and get better hose. I wear Hanes Silk Reflections and VS Body hose. Both sell for between 6-8 dollars/pair, but they are worth it. The Hanes hose can be gotten cheaper at outlet stores.

Most gg's that I have heard bitch about panty hose have worn nothing but the very cheap hose. When I have asked them, they stated that they would never pay 6 or 8 dollars for a pair of panty hose. Again, you get what you pay for.

Jodi

Sarah Smile
04-25-2006, 09:18 PM
I've noticed that, too, Jodi and I find it quite ironic considering how much more most women seem to be willing to pay than men for other types of clothes.

VeronicaMoonlit
04-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Panty hose comfort is directly proportional to to the cost. Cheap (99 cent) panty hose bought in the dollar store are hell. They scratch, itch, run easily, and sag. I learned a number of years ago to go the extra money and get better hose. I wear Hanes Silk Reflections and VS Body hose. Both sell for between 6-8 dollars/pair, but they are worth it.

The best, most comfortable hose I ever wore were Donna Karan's, of course they cost $15.00 but they were the BEST. But I can't bring myself to spend that much on hose, because even the Donna Karan's snag'run. So 5 - 6 buck a pair Hanes from Walgreen's. or the 2.75 No Nonsense Sheer Endurance it is.

Again, you get what you pay for.

Jodi

Yes, but if I had wear them every day, I'd probably buy cheap hose too. Though I'd probably try to go the Hanes in bulk outlet thing

Veronica

windycissy
04-25-2006, 11:30 PM
I just love the way they make my legs look, and the feeling! BUT if I were forced to wear them every day of my life, like when it is hot and sticky in Chicago in August, I'm sure I would rebel. What I truly can't understand is women who insist on going bear-legged when it's COLD out - then pantyhose or tights are an absolute godsend if you're wearing a dress or a skirt, amazing how much warmth that flimsy fabric can provide....

Cissy

Jodie_Lynn
04-25-2006, 11:39 PM
Apologies to Jill and all the other members who have posted in this thread for my earlier posting. It was too severe and too serious.

Please forgive me, it won't happen again.

Jodie Lynn

EricaCD
04-26-2006, 12:10 AM
Like most of the CDs here, I like pantyhose just fine. I am also quite aware that my legs are not quite ready for prime time on their own, so stockings or hose are my friends :)

However, I have just spent two full days dressed most of the day, and I can tell you it was an absolute delight to get the damn things off! First time I ever felt that way. (It felt even better to crawl into a nice bath.) So I can definitely see that 5 days a week, 12 hours a day might not be the proverbial cup o' tea for every GG out there!

Commence digression:

On another note, I no longer need to follow the "why do GGs hate high heels" "why do GGs hate bras" [etc.] threads. Just two days en femme and my back is killing me from walking around in heels and breastforms. (And yes, I know they weigh less than the real thing, but in our defense we CDs do carry them as pure deadweight.) Wow - wears me out! As I have said before: "Dressing in women's clothes is not for sissies!" ;)

End digression

Cheers!
Erica

ReginaK
04-26-2006, 03:20 AM
Personally, I love them. They make your legs look better. They hide all the ugliness you accumulate living as a guy falling off bicycles, trees, cars, etc.

And when it gets warm, you break out the 'nets. Regardless of what anyone says, they're not just for hookers anymore.

Anita Mae GG
04-26-2006, 07:06 AM
Apologies to Jill and all the other members who have posted in this thread for my earlier posting. It was too severe and too serious.

Please forgive me, it won't happen again.

Jodie Lynn

Don't apologize for how you feel and think!

Kate Simmons
04-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Tammy, We love you for who you are and your thoughts and feelings. I give you a lot of credit myself. Remember, we're all friends here and even the best of friends don't agree with each other on everything 100% of the time. We wouldn't be ourselves otherwise. Take Vare, Ericka

Kate Simmons
04-26-2006, 08:19 AM
Tammy, Sorry, I meant that for Jodie Lynn, but we love you as well. I'm a "blonde" cantcha tell? LOL Ericka

dancinginthedark
04-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Now that I have your attention: Why generalize that all GG's hate panty hose or any thing else? Just like the CD who has personal preferences so does a GG. I love panty hose and stockings and all kinds of lacy femme items. Just because circumstances don't allow for me to dress as femme as I might like 24/7 doesn't mean I don't enjoy it too. No one likes it when they are pegged into a group ~ as one and all think and act exactly the same. As CD's I would think that you know this better than most. Personally, I think it is the assumption that we all hate or act a certain why that gets everyone half-pissed just reading the thread's title. Perhaps you could change a single word and use "most" or even "some" instead of using "ALL." Just a thought.
Now tell me ladies, just how in the heck do you get those panty hose on without a major struggle? And just how do you keep from getting those pesky heat rashes when it is 102 degrees outside and humidity is 86% ? I usually switch to stockings but hey if you have a solution maybe I will reconsider the pantyhose. :D

tamyracd
04-26-2006, 10:35 AM
To start off with my wife and daughter both hate phose....myself i've always love wearing them...but i'll be the first to admit when it get's over 80 degrees i stop wearing them under my jeans and just wear them at home when i get the chance...i do find when i do wear them my legs are less tired at night when i get home plus i also like the feel and sounds they make...i know it's a fetish but what the hey...Also has anyone noticed how much smaller the phoses selection is at Wal-Mart...when i first started buying them years ago there was a long rack with lot's to choose from but now it's at least half the rack space...i just hope the market stays big enough that they don't become hard to find or expensive...just my thoughts for what's it's worth...

Tamyra..

Laurie_Ann_CD
04-28-2006, 05:01 AM
I do not like to wear pantyhose either. They are uncomfortable. I preferred stockings when I dress.

Khriss
04-28-2006, 05:16 AM

.... ohhh ..we know baybee!?:( ... go for the "fishnets" !!) hmmm
oops... :D xx"K"

allisonrn06
04-28-2006, 08:36 AM
I usually buy no-nonsense too,but ocasionally buy a more expensive pair from JC Penney or Kaufman's - Penney's brand of hose cost $5.00 and they look and feel great.I buy the sheerest support style when I get them.

Maria-Christina
04-28-2006, 04:15 PM
I love wearing tights. They make me feel feminine. They finish my legs off and give me a warm feeling inside. I do not wear trousers or jeans when dressed as to me they are too masculine. Also I am not one for bare legs.

Maria

kymmieLorain
04-28-2006, 06:50 PM
IMHO, I hate pantyhose. I have never liked the look and feel. I however love stockings and garter much more feminine looking.

Kymmie

Phoebe Reece
04-28-2006, 09:41 PM
First of all, I love wearing pantyhose myself. I just don't feel "dressed" without them. And, as long as there is a bit of a breeze and I am wearing a skirt, I don't find them too hot even in the hottest weather here in Atlanta.

As for why a very large percentage of GG's seem to dislike pantyhose these days, I suggest two prime reasons:

1. Poor fit - Pantyhose is the one garment that there is no industry standard for sizing. Even within the same manufacturer's product line you find different sizing designations (ie: A, B, C, E-F, Q, 2X, etc.). And most certainly, there is no way that one size could possibly fit all. To make matters worse, over time, the size and shape of the "average" woman has changed, yet the product sizing by manufacturers has not. It is also a garment that you cannot try on before you purchase it. You pay your money and take your chances on whether it may fit or not. It's no wonder women get frustrated and say forget it.

2. Lack of positive role models - It's been years since pantyhose manufacturers seriously promoted their products in mass media advertising, especially television. Major fashion designers all but eliminated hosiery from most of their runway shows beginning in the mid-90's. Female guests on talk shows like Letterman or Jay Leno have been showing nothing but bare legs for at least the last 10 years. Even major network news stars like Katie Curic started wearing short skirts with bare legs most of the time. About the only ones on television bucking the trend and showing legs in hose are most (but not all) of the ladies on Fox News, and Merideth Viera on The View. With pantyhose not being "fashionable" any more, few young ladies are motivated to even give them a first try, and older gals who find them uncomfortable have another major excuse to give them up.

Nastasha
04-28-2006, 11:45 PM

I know exactly what you mean .. whatever happned to garters and stockings. I like the look and feel, but they are getting harder and harder to find.

Melinda G
04-29-2006, 10:22 AM
Women hate everything.:cheeky:

Jill
04-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Just a response to dancin in the dark here, who is a GG and thank you very much for your response, I really appreciate your feedback and the time you took to respond. Just for the record, I never asked "why do all GG's hate pantyhose," I simply said "why do GG's hate pantyhose." I know there are women out there that like them, but they are by far the exception, not the rule, in my opinion. But it is good to see a GG that does enjoy them, thanks again for your response.

cosmolovesph
04-29-2006, 04:56 PM
I wish fewer women dis-liked them, they certainly catch my (and others) eye and not only for attention, but a nice polished, even look.

Make up for the legs..