PDA

View Full Version : still looking.......

corsetman
11-09-2004, 07:21 PM
Hi girls!! I took advice and went in drag this halloween. Well let me tell you!! I was a sexy mamma!! The feeling was like no other. I had a great time and the attention i recieved was so much fun.

This was my first time out in NYC. I know it was halloween and i was comfortable with going out. Is there any place i can go out and have some fun?

Also, just dont know where to start? Clothes, shoes and i guess the makeup. Does anyone suggest going to an expert? Can anyone recomend someone?
I want to do this right. I want to try and pass as a women. Any suggestions?

Can wait to hear from you girls!! :o :) :o

Sweet Susan
11-09-2004, 07:31 PM
What's worked best for me is practice. I get dressed up, do the make up, and take pictures of myself. I can analyze the pictures and decide how i want to make improvements. OF course, that was all before the internet, and before this forum. Now we have the help and advice of each other. I would also recommend not being afraid to go to a cosmetics counter somewhere away from where you live and just opening up to the woman (or guy) at the counter. It isn't anywhere near as embarrassing as I thought it would be and the woman that helped me was very open minded. She sold me some good make up and told me how to use it. My next plan is to go to one and have them actually make me up. I'm really looking forward to that. Also, you'll want a good wig. Thrift stores are a good place to find some clothes, but sales racks at Macy's, the Bon, or even Nordstroms can offer some really great deals. Nothing like buying a new dress.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

Amelie
11-09-2004, 07:47 PM
First thing,,,get it out of your head, trying to pass. This is going to cause more harm than good. Try to dress to have fun, to please yourself. If you are happy with yourself, It won't matter how you look. No matter how hard you try, someone will always read you, and if your worried about passing, this might hurt your feelings. We, at this forum put to much into passing, I hear many girls here teriffied to go out because they don't pass. If you are going out in NYC, you can get away with anything, so dress the way you like to.

As for shopping, just do it like the GGs do, shop till you drop. Do you know your measurements? If not, buy some cheap women's clothes, until you find a size that fits and keep to this size. You can get pretty close if you measure yourself.

Make-up,, Buy some fashion mags or teen mags,, they are full of tips. If women use these magazines, then you can as well. Just do what they tell you, later you can experiment with your own ideas.

I,,myself, never went to an expert, it was more fun finding out how to do things on my own. If you go to an expert, make sure you learn how they do make-up, you don't want to go to a expert every time you go out.

Just experiment till you find what works, there is no big secret, and try to do it so you have fun.

Love Amelie

JennyCD
11-09-2004, 11:20 PM
Amelie, wise as always. I've been doing a lot of thinking and reading and thinking some more. I drive, so I have time to think. :)

You're right Amelie about the "passing" thing, I believe. It doesn't really matter if you pass or get read. What matters is whether you are happy or not happy. I get it now.

My biggest concern at this point isn't passing or not, it's more along the lines of safety. Now, I'm pretty strong and have had a lot of experience and can handle myself pretty well. But why should I have to? I would love to find some place, away from my normal truckstop environment, where people are bit less, ummm, redneck may be the word. Just to let loose a little and be myself. Around here it would likely get me killed.

As for the makeup, I can't wait to get some down time to experiment a bit. :)