PDA

View Full Version : Bra straps

Lilac
04-25-2006, 06:02 AM
Hello, everyone. Sorry that school kept me from logging on lately. Anyways, I was sitting on the bus today and noticed that pretty much every girl who wore a tank top had their bra straps at a slight angle. It may sound weird, but I've always thought that bra straps were worn verticle. I'm just wondering (especially from you GGs) if that's a natural thing or are they designed like that and if there is some comfort factor to it.

Lisa Baby
04-25-2006, 06:24 AM
Some of my bras have straps that could only be worn at an angle if they were "off" the shoulder.

Some of the straps will slide from the verticle position all on their own Haven't you noticed ladies "adjusting" their bra staps in public? It happens all of the time.

It seems to depend on where the strap is attatched to the cup as to the "normal" position of the strap on the shoulder.

Lisa

Tina T
04-25-2006, 06:46 AM
I think I read somewhere that women have greater sloping shoulders than men; so perhaps the slant of the strap is to help stop them riding down?

Teresa Amina
04-25-2006, 06:59 AM
They probably just want you to SEE them!:D Really I think it's just poor adjustment and sloppy dressing, but it's fun to think that they're making them obvious on purpose--"See what I get to wear publicly? You CDrs have to hide them when you're in drab!" :joke:

DonnaT
04-25-2006, 03:17 PM
I think it would be quite rare to see a bra strap stay vertical without help.

stephanie100
04-25-2006, 03:47 PM
even on us CDers they slip
steph

Donna Davis
04-27-2006, 11:06 AM
What you saw was a racerback style bra. The straps are at an angle and meet in the middle of the back. They were made to be worn with a T-shirt to keep the strap from showing.

DawnRodgers
04-27-2006, 11:27 AM
It seems that, when I wear a blouse that has narrow shoulder straps, my bra straps always slide to the outside so that I have to always slide them back under my blouse. Obviously not a problem with a more full shoulder coverage blouse but sometimes have a problem with them also in that the straps slide off of my shoulder too and I have to slide them back up. Guess it would help a lot to have real breasts to keep the bra band down under them.
Sigh!
Dawn

Kate Simmons
04-28-2006, 05:36 AM
Sounds kind of sexy to me. I'll have to try that when I wear my tank top. Ericka