PDA

View Full Version : a question for the gg"s

Wendy me
04-25-2006, 08:09 AM
hi girls ,

frist off thanks for being souportive and your in put here ...

now my question is this ....

1) here on crossdressers.com what do you expecte from this site??

2) what if any changes would you like to see in regards to how forums here are run ....???

3) with more and more gg's joining (btw thats a good thingy) do you feel that how the cd's act and the questions thay ask bother you???

4) last one i promisse, do you feel that you as gg's here realy understand how a cd struggles for accptence??? that for manny here this is it ( meening it's the only place that they can open up and be with outhers like them) .........

dancinginthedark
04-25-2006, 09:20 AM
I will be back shortly to answert this one. But for now, Coffee! I need coffee.

Anita Mae GG
04-25-2006, 11:43 AM
2) what if any changes would you like to see in regards to how forums here are run ....???
3) with more and more gg's joining (btw thats a good thingy) do you feel that how the cd's act and the questions thay ask bother you???
4) last one i promisse, do you feel that you as gg's here realy understand how a cd struggles for accptence??? that for manny here this is it ( meening it's the only place that they can open up and be with outhers like them) .........

Ok#1: I expect this site to offer support to anyone that needs it.

#2: I would love to see people follow the rules. I also think that if someone posts a new thread that has been covered 800 times in the past, it should deleted and that person should be directed to the previous thread. I know my hubby stopped coming here as much because he said it's always the same stuff all the time just different people posting it.

#3: Some ?'s bother me but you can't please everyone.

#4: I personally don't think a GG could EVER understand the struggles as we are not going through it in the CD sense. Just as CD'ers could NEVER understand how if effects us. You can only imagine and empathize as much as you can and try as much as you can.

But that is just my opinion.....

Tamara Croft
04-25-2006, 12:31 PM

I expect it to be supportive, helpful, friendly and also fun. What I don't expect is the constant rudeness of some people on this board. As a member, I'd like to be treated as one, I'm not always on site administrating, but my posts always seem to be taken that way.

I'd like members to stop posting in threads that are for specific members. A lot of members I've learned use the 'new posts' link and don't even bother to read what section they are posting in. It's no wonder many members on this board feel like only the MTF's here count, MTF's post wherever they feel like it, whilst the rest of the members on this board know where they should and shouldn't post. If a question is specifically asked for only FTM's to answer, you will always find another MTF has answered the question.

I'm getting used to it to be honest, I've been here almost 2 years. But I see it bothering new GG members and THAT'S what bothers me. If I see another GG getting upset because someone has upset them, then I get annoyed. But I do understand why we have a constant stream of threads that seem to be the same thing each week. With the amount of members that join daily, they are all excited, they don't know about the search facility, they want to jump straight in without reading anything, this forum still is all new to them, even if it's all the same thing daily to us. But it's the silly questions that get on my nerves, they may not seem silly to you, but they are. I mean, we don't ring our friends up asking them if they like wearing their stockings or bras do we??

4) last one i promisse, do you feel that you as gg's here realy understand how a cd struggles for accptence??? that for manny here this is it ( meening it's the only place that they can open up and be with outhers like them)

I can honestly say yes, I truely understand how they struggle. I'm still learning obviously, but I know how hard it is for them. When I heard my Tam on the radio last year, telling them how hard it was for her to even come out to me, that day something just clicked. Even when I'm on my network chatting to friends, sometimes someone will make the odd joke about being a CD and recently I've started asking them if they actually have a clue what it's like being a transgendered person.... woah do they shut up then ;) Most don't have a clue, I'm proud to say I do :hugs:

Thank you for the questions, I enjoyed answering them.

kathy gg
04-25-2006, 12:31 PM

I like to be able to hang out with like minded people. I also don't mind helping people who ask questions which I feel I have something to contribute.

So far I am okay with this new section. I figured the main point of this new area was to get our input and have it all in the same area so as not to get lost with all the mtf business.

If a question "bothers" me I just don't reply. Again, I only bother replying when I feel I have something to contribute or can share my take and experience. When I really am "bothered" with a question or a post I will go and rant privately.

4) last one i promisse, do you feel that you as gg's here realy understand how a cd struggles for accptence??? that for manny here this is it ( meening it's the only place that they can open up and be with outhers like them)

I do realize that for a whole bunch of people this forum is their salvation and their only outlet to express this feeling. I certainly can empathize with feeling isolated and I also can see why so many people dwell on all the minute aspects. I can see how if you have no people in your day to day life to bounce idea's and thoughts off of, coming here and making statements that might seem "silly" to a seasoned crossdresser, to that other person is very huge and very important.

I realize how important it is as this place keeps generating new members that we continue to add different areas for people to congregate.

I come to this community with my own issues now long behind me, I do know what it is like to feel different and not have anyone to talk to. Although I dont' know much about the gender struggels from a personal standpoint I can certainly know the feeling of wanting to talk to others like one's self.

And I always think when I read something a bit "off" everyone has to start somewhere. Give the newbies some slack and dont' take everything written here too terribly serious.

Hope that answers all your questions Wendy. :cool:

Di
04-25-2006, 12:51 PM
1) I expect it to be supportive and fun
2) I like the new ask the GG part...esp when it comes to how a GG feels about relationship issues. We have GG,s that have just found out and are struggling, and fully supportive GG,s and they can get a point of view from each of us.
3) If something bothers me I just don`t reply.....to each their own.....
4)I feel I do understand the struggles.but that been said, I,m there beside her being supportive.......wanting to go through everything together,,,but it is my S.O. that is going through it all...i,m beside her.wanting the best for her

dancinginthedark
04-25-2006, 01:21 PM
Hi Wendy,
You are most welcome and thank you too. I have gotten a lot of support and help from all of the “ladies” here. I will apologize up front. I don’t ever intend to talk so much, it just happens. Honestly, I was a very shy child. Don’t know what happened but I when I turned thirty I started talking ~ a lot.

1) here on crossdressers.com what do you expect from this site? I try not to have pre-conceived notions. CD-ing was just some vague idea before it directly affected my own life so I honestly had no idea what to expect. Been a little while so now I can say I do expect support here. Giving it and receiving it too. I expect people to speak their minds. I expect differences. I expect to be surprised at least once a week or more.
I expect to have privacy to talk with the other GG’s about things I would rather my DH not know. Like when I do have doubts or fears and don’t want to burden him with my own worries when I know he has so many already. I worry he will feel rejected simply because of my own insecurities. ~ I can almost hear you asking like what? Well for example the photo shoots. When you don’t take pictures of your own wife can it really be a big shock that she gets upset when you ask her to take your picture for the second time this week? Now if I get pissed and just rant and rave you get hurt and nothing really gets solved. But if I can vent to someone else who knows where I am coming from then I get it out and calm down. If I don’t then trust me another GG will tell me when I need to knock it off or get over it. They tell me when it is no big deal and when yes, it is but to calm down…then talk with my spouse. We don’t discuss make-up or favorite panties as a general rule. Sorry, it really is pretty bland over there. Most gg’s have that option though in their day-to-day life. When I want to play I go visit you girls. How is that for nuts. A gg who comes to a CD site and talks with the CD’s when she misses talking with the girls about fun stuff. I am stuck out here in the middle of nowhere, between jobs and no car. I get bored. I get lonely. I miss girl talk so I come here and listen to you all and sometimes I join in the conversation. ;)

2) what if any changes would you like to see in regards to how forums here are run ? ewww a tough one, you are going to make me really think aren’t you. Well I like some of the changes made already. Redoing the name of the site to read from: A place for CDs and their admirer’s changed to their families and S/O’s. When I first found out about CD-ing I wasn’t an admirer yet. Wasn’t sure I belonged then. I am now but then, nope. And who do I thank for that change of attitude? Well girls, go into the bathroom and look into the mirror. I thank you all.
I have wondered why there is not a private area for the CD to post though. Aren't there times you wish that a GG absolutely would/could not see something you wanted to talk or ask about?! I mean there is a private area for TG but isn't that different? I know both are born male and dress as female at least part time but TG is not the same as CD. [Sorry if I got the abbreviations wrong I am still learning and never get stuff right all the time.]

3) do you feel that how the cd's act and the questions they ask bother you? Not as a rule. It really is like talking with a room full of women or teenaged girls. Hard to be bothered overly much by behavior I have myself or had when I was younger isn’t it? Now I do think it is vanity that prompts a CD to ask who looks better a GG or a CD, but honestly if I spent 3 or 4 hours getting ready to go out I would look just that good too. So there. :p :D Besides if I don’t like what someone says/asks I am free to leave.

4) do you feel that you as GG’s here really understand how a cd struggles for acceptance? I don’t think I can fully understand but I can have sympathy and empathy. Can you fully understand how it feels to give birth or have a period? Nope but you can have an idea from listening too and talking with us and maybe sharing in the birth of your child. And unless you are a GG you won’t totally get why we get frustrated by those boobs you wish you had. Or maybe you do have some of your own now, but unless you have had time from the start you won’t get our frustration or understand sometimes the darn things hurt or can just get in the way. But by sharing our thoughts and listening you try. In this way you can try to understand even if you know you can never fully get it. We do the same. We try to get it ~ knowing full well we never will totally understand your struggles, pain, and all those victories big and small.

4-a)that for many here this is it ( meaning it's the only place that they can open up and be with others like them) I do try hard to put myself in your heels and I do realize this is your home away from home. Where you can let your hair down so to speak. ~ This is not just a site for me, it is my extended family. I am assuming it is the same for you too. I do make the effort to respect this knowledge and address you as you are, “ladies.” I try to walk a fine line between joining in the conversations and trying to know when, no matter how much I want to join in, not too. Not an easy task but I try to respect you all, with my words and my actions. When I speak my mind it is not out of a lack of respect ~ it is my respect for you that allows me to speak to you in the same manner I would any other woman. I know you are a CD-er but when you act so much like a woman, and yes sometimes that means you are being catty, then don’t be surprised when I talk to you like a woman. In my mind most of the time you are a woman not a CD-er. So I treat you like the woman my mind is telling me you are. So you get it all. The good, the bad and the ugly. I say most of the time I see and think of you all as female since once in a while I get PM-ed by someone who is speaking to me as a male. Really throws me at times since I tend to forget you were born male. And yeah, sometimes someone will make a comment and I think, oh yeah you are a male I don’t care what you are wearing honey.

A sage GG
04-25-2006, 03:34 PM

A place to share ideas, thoughts, highs, lows, and be respected to have my opinion and respectful of others.

To be more respectful to each other and to the rules of the different forums. This has nothing to do with how they are run but rather in how they are used.

My only concern is for new members truely seeking help and understanding. When I see a childish question or comment it makes me less wanting to come back here. And it should make a seasoned person on this forum ashamed of the behavior. We all have that one person in our family that seems to stick their foot in their mouth all the time, and we just roll our eyes at them. But for somebody new thinking they found a wonderful place only to have it ruined by a snide or off color remark leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

I can understand that this is your world or home away from home. And with any home you should treat it with respect and hold it dear. I think the
GGs have been respectful in your house. And I for one am glad to be a guest of it. You have given us a room here to be ourselves as well and we keep it tidy (or at best hide the mess under the bed) aka the GG forum. As the Sos we too struggle "meaning a place that they can open up and be with others like them) We seem to becoming quite a large family here. I came from a somewhat large family and understand that you need to be able to express yourself without hurting the others around you. So since we now share this house together and have been given our seperate rooms and our together rooms, lets treat them with respect. Play in the play rooms and be more dignified in the shared.

admirerplus GG
04-25-2006, 05:34 PM
1) what do you expect from this site?
I expect to learn about men who crossdress and about other gender issues. I am also hoping to make friends here.

2) what if any changes would you like to see in regards to how forums here are run?
My experience has been very positive with regard to participation in the various threads. I am very impressed with the level of respect demonstrated. I like the fact that there are moderators as well.

3) how the cd's act and the questions thay ask bother you?
I am happy to be able to contribute my suggestions and ideas. I like the questions being asked, for the most part.

4) do you feel that you really understand how a cd struggles for accptence?
No, I can not begin to understand what that struggle is like, because I have never lived as a man. The desire for acceptance is a feeling I identify with, but certainly would never claim to fully understand from the perspective of a CD man.

Sandra
04-26-2006, 04:24 AM
1) here on crossdressers.com what do you expect from this site??

1) To support and be supported, make new friends and people not to be so rude to each other.

2) I don't really think any changes are needed, people just need post in the right place and be a little bit more tolerant of each other.

3) Not bothered at how they act, but some of the questions just make me mad.

4) I do understand to a certain extent, I have been there with Nigella for the past 19 years so I do know some of the struggles.

cambow GG
04-27-2006, 12:22 AM
hi girls ,

frist off thanks for being souportive and your in put here ...

now my question is this ....

1) I just expect a warm caring place to ask questions that scare me stiff sometimes, make me curious sometimes, things that might help my hubby accept himself and our new relationship.
2) As for now I can't say I would change anything.
3) I also am glad for new members being one myself! Being a new GG I am still in a little bit of shock. I think some of the might make me uncomfortable for a while. Just because it is so far away from how we were raised. But if someone is really struggling with something and I know I can help I will certainly do so without a second thought. I have already measured my husband for clothes, looked at some of them and offered to put makeup on him. In fact, I bought both of us a leather skirt a few days ago. Adjusting your thought processes is what a lot of it is about.
4) I don't know if understand completely, in a way how could I? But I am deeply empathetic with others who are suffering in any way. I just can't hardly bear the though of all the people here who have gone mmost of their lives feeling they would never be loved, don't deserve to be loved or respected and feel they deserve all the bad things and none of the good. There are people in this world who don't deserve any good things. But CD'ers most definitely are not those people. I feel tremendous respect for anyone who could, have and are carrying this load all by yourselves. And also for the ones who have come out.
talk, talk, talk!! That's what we all need more of.