PDA

View Full Version : Body Hair !!! I hate it !!

arula
04-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Hi Ladies, I am seriously considering Laser hair removal, face and chest. I've been shaving like most of you, but it would be sooo nice not having to do it. Has any of you done this yet or know of another effective way. I would welcome all experiences to help with a final decision. Thanks. Kisses Arula

DonnaT
04-25-2006, 02:40 PM
If your hair color is not blond or red or grey, and can afford laser, go for it. Otherwise, try getting it (body hair) waxed, and use electrolysis for facial hair removal.

JennMW
04-25-2006, 02:49 PM
If your hair color is not blond or red or grey, and can afford laser, go for it

Donna, I missed this one somewhere along the way... Do you have a reference?

miss_sarah
04-25-2006, 02:59 PM
Donna, I missed this one somewhere along the way... Do you have a reference?

Jennifer, Laser is most effective on DARK hairs, where electrolysis is agreeably the most effective option out there period (yet more expensive). ;)

DonnaT
04-25-2006, 03:05 PM
http://www.hairfacts.com/methods/laser/lasermain.html

JennMW
04-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Thank you Sarah and Donna. That's why I keep coming back :)

miss_sarah
04-25-2006, 04:06 PM
Thank you Sarah and Donna. That's why I keep coming back :)

Anytime! -- Donna is such fount of information, isn't she?!!! :hugs: I only had half a clue because I'm looking into facial electrolysis myself ;)

Joy Carter
04-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Ditto's Sarah and Donna much information and such good company !

Josi
04-25-2006, 06:06 PM
I hope you dont have to take out a bank loan! :)

miss_sarah
04-25-2006, 06:26 PM
I hope you dont have to take out a bank loan! :)

Personally, I plan for my business to pay for mine, but I doubt the accountant will let me claim it as a business expense!! hehe Ah hell, i'm not really even that close yet, I haven't done any major investigation to find someplace local, check rates and if they're skilled at working with TGs, and contact any available references they might have... It's on the radar here though :D

Lissa Stevens
04-25-2006, 06:29 PM
I use the Braun Silk Epilator on my legs and chest/stomach. It works great on my legs, I only shave them once a month or so. That's if I want a truly silky feel. I used to shave them every day. On my torso it works ok but that hair seems to grow a lot faster. It does sting at first but as time goes by it gets less and less.

GraceUSA
04-26-2006, 01:35 AM
I've tried to use an Epilator serval times now but about a hour after and to the next day or two my legs are covered in red spots from where all the hairs have been pulled. Given up on it since I usually have to wear pants for a couple of days before my legs look good again.

arula
04-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Thankyou Ladies for the info. I guess cost is something I have to keep under control also. Kisses Arula

Stephianie
04-26-2006, 05:23 PM
I had to chime in on this as im have this done right now ( going to my fourth trement)and love it(the feel)smoothness. It really hurts on your face ( ask for numming cream, Doc should know what im talking about ) , but it no big dael on the rest of your body.
Doc said that a guys face hair is croaser that that of the gg's is my it hurts more pay can be as low as 200 bucks per trement, to $1500 us my doc chaged 1200 for his trements and you can go as many times as needed , but can only about once every two weeks for best results,

Im in the fourth and can really tell a difference now, doc said about two or three more and i wont grow any hair lol
Steff

CharlaineCadence
04-26-2006, 06:06 PM
I've tried to use an Epilator serval times now but about a hour after and to the next day or two my legs are covered in red spots from where all the hairs have been pulled. Given up on it since I usually have to wear pants for a couple of days before my legs look good again.

rub diaper rash cream on the areas right after your don. works great. i use it after shaveing and waxing. no red dots.

Alayna
04-26-2006, 10:46 PM

I finally trashed my epilator - it turns out they're not good for you in the long-run. They partially damage follicles over time which causes them to grow at weird angles (mainly under the skin). I've been told it takes years for all the red spots (ingrowns) to clear up.

I've read that electrolysis is the better than laser because it's more effective and there's less risk of scarring, but I've never tried either one:happy: