PDA

View Full Version : Question from the MTF side...

Leslie16
04-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Hi, I was just visiting from the other board (I'm a MTF), and was wondering if anyone could answer a question I've always wondered about -- what to FTM's think of us on the other side? I am fascinated by the prospect of wearing female stuff -- skirts, hose, heels are incredibly fun for me to wear. And its soo frustrating that its taboo. Yet, you guys can wear that stuff, but choose not to! I know the answer of course, everyone is different, and not everyone enjoys the same stuff, but I'm just wondering how it looks from your point of view. Just trying to get a feel for your perspective... thanks.

Leslie

Adam
04-25-2006, 11:41 AM
from my point of view i find it cool that each and every one of you are on here at least are being yourselfs and its the same with me im being who i am i dont find its supriseing or diffenrt from your side or our side we all from both sides are after the same thing to be happy and to be who we are :D

btw haveing looked in the mtf side you ladies look fab

Annaliese
04-25-2006, 01:42 PM
from my point of view i find it cool that each and every one of you are on here at least are being yourselfs and its the same with me im being who i am i dont find its supriseing or diffenrt from your side or our side we all from both sides are after the same thing to be happy and to be who we are :D

btw haveing looked in the mtf side you ladies look fab
Simple and to the point, my kind of answer.

Anna

CaptLex
04-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Just trying to get a feel for your perspective.
I feel the same as Adam.

Once upon a time, when I was much younger, I used to wonder why in the world anyone would deliberately want to wear (what I considered to be) uncomfortable female attire, if they didn't absolutely have to. I remember watching the movie, "To Wong Foo . . . " and asking that question regarding the main characters (portrayed by Patrick Swayze, Wesley Snipes and John Leguizamo) - especially when they were all dolled up in the middle of nowheresville (thousands of miles from any drag show).

Anyway, I felt it was a legitimate question since I could not for the life of me figure out the attraction, but at that time I had no-one to answer it. Eventually, I came to see that these people had the same feelings I had - just for the clothing of the opposite gender. And then I understood. Same coin, just the other side of it.

So, while I have no desire to wear dresses, skirts, hose, bras, slips, etc., I now totally understand why some people do and I respect you ladies for having the (pardon me) cojones to do it. You go, girls! :D

gennee
04-25-2006, 06:34 PM
Just by the fact that we are being yourselves shows that we are not crazy or bound by what others think about us. I love you for who you are as I'm sure you do about us. Your forum is a welcome addition and you are precious jewels in my eyes. I applaud you.

Gennee

sparro
04-25-2006, 10:43 PM
I think in many ways, we two are the same, then. Dressing as boy, buying boys clothes, getting boy cuts, even binding gives me a little thrill, and I am quite fascinated with it.
I suppose a lot of it, for me, is people seeing me as male. That's where it comes from the most. I can't explain why I like that feeling, really. I have this image of the way I want people to see me, and, looking like a boy is a big part of that , for me. Sometimes, I just like to feel handsome, you know? :p

I don't see a big difference between me and anyone on the MtF side of this forum. You seem to be looking for the same thing that I am. But tha's only what I think.

Wren
04-25-2006, 11:01 PM
I used to wonder why girls acted so girly and put themselves in pain all the time. Then I bound my breasts and wore boxers which rode up like nobodies business. X_X Ouch.

I could ask the same question of you, why in the world do you not always stay in drab? You are genetically male, you have everything I want and you revoke it WHY! AHHH!!My kingdom! My kingdom! My kingdom for no breasts!!!

I'm sorry I'm in a jovial mood.

But yeah whatever floats yer boat + the seaweed is always greener in sombody elses lake. :p

russian_queen
04-26-2006, 03:14 AM
Do you wear any girlie stuff when you are dressed as a boy? I mean, like pantyhose under your pants when it's cold and stuff like that. The things that no one will see. And what style of mens clothes do you prefer? Is it sports style, cowboy style (i mean jeans and all that comes with them) or, perhaps, business suits with snowwhite shirts and ties?

CaptLex
04-26-2006, 08:49 AM
Do you wear any girlie stuff when you are dressed as a boy? I mean, like pantyhose under your pants when it's cold and stuff like that. The things that no one will see. And what style of mens clothes do you prefer? Is it sports style, cowboy style (i mean jeans and all that comes with them) or, perhaps, business suits with snowwhite shirts and ties?
The only female article I wear is a sports bra - and that's because I have no choice. I pray for the day when I can go shirtless and braless.:c9:

As for my style, if I'm going out somewhere nice (or sometimes to work), I'll wear a shirt and tie (although not usually a white shirt). If I'm going somewhere casual, I'll usually wear casual men's clothes - and sometimes this includes some cowboy attire (how did you know?) - leather vest, bolo tie, boots, etc. I wanted to be like Adam Cartwright on Bonanza when I was a kid. ;)

Leslie16
04-26-2006, 09:11 AM
I think in many ways, we two are the same, then. Dressing as boy, buying boys clothes, getting boy cuts, even binding gives me a little thrill, and I am quite fascinated with it.
I suppose a lot of it, for me, is people seeing me as male. That's where it comes from the most. I can't explain why I like that feeling, really. I have this image of the way I want people to see me, and, looking like a boy is a big part of that , for me. Sometimes, I just like to feel handsome, you know? :p

I don't see a big difference between me and anyone on the MtF side of this forum. You seem to be looking for the same thing that I am. But tha's only what I think.

that's exactly how I feel. Take out "boy" and "handsome" and put in "girl" and "pretty" and its me. Fascinating.

Adam
04-26-2006, 09:12 AM
im happy to say i never wear any girl stuff ever lol :D

Leslie16
04-26-2006, 09:14 AM
Hahaha, me too.

Yeah, eyeliner and stuff, 'cos I'm a poser goth. Pantyhose is evil though, so there is absolutely NO way I'd be wearing that. And the style I like is all black and 'scary' or 'alternative'. xP

Lol -- pantyhose are NOT evil! I love them -- the things they do to your legs!

Again, this is a fascinating discussion.

Leslie16
04-26-2006, 09:27 AM
They are. You have to pull them up over your belly button, otherwise the crotch falls down to your knees. And they make your leg hairs feel really weird after wearing them.

Well, then shave you legs, silly! j/k

Leslie16
04-26-2006, 09:32 AM
Hahaha, you're the second person to suggest that in the last few weeks. Nah, there's no feeling quite like that of the wind ruffling your leg hairs. xDDD

Oh no, you are looking at it all wrong! There's nothing like the feeling of running your hand over your legs, and feeling nothing but smooth silky skin. Wonderful. And with hosiery, you can make them look and feel however you want! An amazing thrill, and you throw it away! :)

Leslie16
04-26-2006, 09:46 AM
Haha, not with my shaving attempts. I end up with stubble and patches of hair that I completely missed. And the parts that actually get shaved properly feel really really weird. So I stopped shaving a few years ago.
Ah, but you throw away the amazing thrill of facial hair. I'd love a pair of real sideburns.

you know, I've never been able to get past the stubble look of facial hair. I don't think I could grow a beard if I wanted to. Ok, I admit, I do like having stubble sometimes. But other times, I shave close, moisturize, and enjoy the amazing feeling of a smooth face. With makeup of course to hide flaws!

Leslie16
04-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Can you fake stubble? We can fake breasts, and curves, and such, but can a FTM fake stubble? There must be a way...

Leslie16
04-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Yep, I'm just lazy. xD I'm going to give a try this weekend though, seeing as I'll have the house all to myself.

good luck. We should have a mixer for ftm's and mtf's. There's a lot of synergy I think!

russian_queen
04-27-2006, 01:32 AM
Thanx for your replies. They are extremely interesting.
As to a "mixer"... Well, the whole thing IS a mixer :)
As to pantyhose. Well, I've never noticed any "wierdness" after wearing them, even though i don't shave my legs. It's just a very comfortable garment, and quite warm, too. And it IS important here in Russia, you see... :)

Kate Simmons
04-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Leslie, I agree with you. A mixer would be fine. I just have one question. If we have a dance, who's gonna lead who? I have problems coaxing guys out to slow dance with me and sometimes I forget and do the guy's part. I just wanna point out that I'm equally comfortable being Richard and wearing guy clothes. I think the FTM CD gals and I would get along just fine as we'd have a lot to talk about. I read both Lex's and your comments with great interest. Take care, Ericka

Kieron Andrew
04-29-2006, 09:21 PM
*Cough* FTM CD boys. :P
drats you beat me to it lol

CharlaineCadence
04-29-2006, 11:22 PM
How about we make the mixer an cd prom or ball. the ftm's can be the ones in tuxes and ask the ftm's to dance and stuff and th mtf can wear the gowns and be all girlly into the night. Hmmmm I alread know what i'm going to wear. MMM I just hope the hoops sont stand up on me grin.

Kate Simmons
04-30-2006, 10:15 AM
Lex, I think you'd look snappy in a tux and top hat. Of course I get to wear the evening gown. I was just kidding about who would lead. A gal has to have a sense of humor Y'know.. Take care, Ericka

Leslie16
05-01-2006, 09:34 AM
That would be totally awesome, I've never worn a tux, but I really really want to. With a top hat and a cane, haha. No dancing from this boy though, not while I'm sober at any rate. xD

I think one of us girls could coax you onto the floor!

Kate Simmons
05-01-2006, 08:26 PM
I think one of us girls could coax you onto the floor!
Don't worry Leslie, I'd make sure he got good and plastered so we could get him on the dance floor. LOL Ericka

Leslie16
05-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Hahaha, yeah, I've gotta be very very drunk before I'm willing to dance. Although by the time I'm drunk enough, I keep falling over, so my dancing probably lacks some style. xD But it's pretty easy to get me drunk enough for dancing, I only need somewhere between 6 and 8 beers/cruisers/standard drinks.
my guy persona knows EXACTLy what you mean. Strange though, as a girl, I've sat at a bar lotsa times just wishing someone would invite me onto the floor!

Leslie16
05-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Lex -- check out my siggy! I couldn't resist!

DawnLabelle
05-02-2006, 06:24 PM
How about we make the mixer an cd prom or ball. the ftm's can be the ones in tuxes and ask the ftm's to dance and stuff and th mtf can wear the gowns and be all girlly into the night. Hmmmm I alread know what i'm going to wear. MMM I just hope the hoops sont stand up on me grin.

That would be such an awesome idea!, only if it were feasable for all the members here.... wouldn't it be great if we could fly anywhere for 20$.

Dawn

DawnLabelle
05-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Lex -- check out my siggy! I couldn't resist!

Heaven loves ya,
The clouds part for ya,
Nothing stands in your way,
When you're a girl.

Funny, when I first heard that song (with the proper words of course), my first thought was "thats bullshit Bowie and you know it", yet Lex sees it as truthful. Shows how different yet the same we all are doesn't it

Amazing song though, now wheres that album......

Dawn

Kate Simmons
05-02-2006, 08:11 PM
That would be such an awesome idea!, only if it were feasable for all the members here.... wouldn't it be great if we could fly anywhere for 20$.

Dawn
Hi Dawn, Sounds like a plan. I'm up for it, but then I'm a "party animal" anyway. LOL Take care, Ericka