PDA

View Full Version : New Book: Life. Ch. 1

Stephanie Brooks
11-09-2004, 09:31 PM
So I did it. I made it to the counselor today as planned. Topic was my marriage and my transgenderism. The counselor was good! At one point prior to the appointment, it was a minute-to-minute struggle but I made it through that.

There's so much to comprehend from today's session, but for a little while I felt as though I was actually alive.

I'm simply exhausted tonight. In the earlier related post I said I was going today. In case anyone wondered at all, I wanted to post this. Moreso, given all of the wonderful support from everyone I thought it only proper to say how things went as a sort of Thank You.

Alicecd
11-09-2004, 09:53 PM
Congratulations on making it past that first step. I only wish I had the guts to talk to a counselor about myself the same way.

I hope things work out for you and that it gets easier.

Love Alice

JennyCD
11-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Let us know how it's going, if it's not too personal. Might do some of us some good :)

clarissa3d
11-09-2004, 10:18 PM
I am writting a book about my life working in a computer helpdesk. I see in this forums a wounderful potintial for a book. All these resources and stories that can be compiled.

what do ya think?

JennyCD
11-09-2004, 11:14 PM
I am writting a book about my life working in a computer helpdesk. I see in this forums a wounderful potintial for a book. All these resources and stories that can be compiled.

what do ya think?

Do we get a cut of the proceeds? :D

Jeannie9
11-10-2004, 05:58 AM
Hello,

Glad to see that things are going better. I sincerely hope that things will go well for you.

Keep up that great smile!!!

Jeannie

Lily_gg
11-10-2004, 06:07 AM
Steph (may I call you Steph, or do you prefer Stephanie?),

Congrats on making it to the therapist - I hope things go well there for you

*hugs*
Lily

babe4life
11-10-2004, 08:14 AM
Stephanie, congrats on your appointment! I am so glad that it went well for you. *HUGS*

Oooh, what is going to be the title of the book!? :D

Love,
Vicky

Stephanie Brooks
11-10-2004, 10:34 AM
Thank you everyone!

Jenny: Will do, as I'm able. The initial consultation was very good, very positive. I was just emotionally drained from it. Today I'm better, but still drained.

Lily: Steph or Stephanie work equally fine. :D

Vicky: It isn't a real book, it's just a continuation from a post a couple of weeks ago, "A New Book Begins, TOUGH POST". I used as a working book title, "Life", chosen because I want to live better than I've been living. For me this "book" is a literary device and coping mechanism that helps me see where I'm going.

Elinor
11-10-2004, 10:47 AM
Stephanie
I too have seen a counselor a few times {STRESS} it was a great help.
I'm normal not going mad. {Never told em I was a trannie}
Still to talk with someone is great.
Told me what I knew Stress at work.
I have left that behind {but not cured}
Still wearing skirts at home lowers the stress I find.
I'm a better person as Elinor.
Not that am a bad person!
I'm a right get it together guy it seems.
WONDER WHAT THEY WOULD HAVE MADE OF ME BEING A SECRET TRANSVESTITE?

Perhaps go out and buy a nice Dress and shoes to go with it, if it makes you feel good then do it. Learn to live with it and enjoy it.

I'll never know!

Julie
11-10-2004, 11:54 AM
Good luck and well done for overcoming the initial hurdle Stephanie. Will look out for forthcoming chapters.

Julie J

Amelie
11-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Good for you,,Steph, I hope all works out. You seem to be taking the right steps.
All the best
Love Amelie

Sharon
11-10-2004, 03:40 PM
Good luck and well done for overcoming the initial hurdle Stephanie. Will look out for forthcoming chapters.

Julie J

I feel wonderful for you Stephanie, things like this are supposed to be difficult. As Julie says, please keep us posted.
Love,
Sharon

Stephanie Brooks
11-10-2004, 11:11 PM
Thanks so much for the support everyone!!!! :)

The session was overwhelming in some ways.

- For once I wasn't a freak. Not only was I not a freak, he comprehended my experience. Wow!

- He wasn't trying to break/cure/fix me, and at one point even expressed the idea about helping me be the man and/or woman I am.

- We discussed my marital situation, asked very key questions about what my wife wants from me and more importantly what I want. We discussed the possible outcomes, based on our situation. He didn't tell me anything I didn't already know.

- At one point I realized I felt really good about myself, validated and powerfully so. The experience was singular, and so utterly foreign to me I recall the quality of the experience much more than the experience itself. I *do* want that experience again, however. I felt so alive.

I have much to consider, and I have some exercises to complete (written). I'll be calling him again in another week or so, and we'll procede from there.

Thank you everyone for all of your support - your ideas, words, prayers, and patience with me. By getting my ideas together here and getting other people's perspectives, I was able to accomplish so much yesterday. The path will still be difficult, but now I'm seeing more of the path.

Love,

Stephanie

Jerry
11-10-2004, 11:21 PM
Glad to hear all is going well for you. If you are up to it, I'd be interesting in the coming days to hear how your wife and your relationship are getting along. It's my biggest concern and I appreciate your level headed approach to things.

Again, best to you. Hog hugs. Jerry

Wenda
11-11-2004, 03:52 AM
wow Steph!! It is SO good to hear how well things went! I have had some experience with counsellors, and to find one that seems to understand and be able to help is a blessing. Your point " he didn't tell me anything I didn't know" is so true. God created us all with the ability to understand ourselves, and somehow we have lost it. It gets easier from here, dear. wenda.

christine55
11-11-2004, 03:54 AM
It is good to be able to talk to anyone about a subject we all have a very time opening up about. Best wishes
Hugs Christine

Wendy me
11-11-2004, 07:39 AM
stephanie, i am so glade to hear you are in with the counsellors truly the right move please stay with it keep up with the good work you are loved and worth the effort
keep up the good work
huge huggs to ya!!!!!!!!

AnnaMaria
11-11-2004, 08:14 AM
Stephanie,
I am glad to hear that your first meeting went so well. I have been thinking about trying to find a counsler myself. More so since I got laid off from work, and have been spending a lotof time at home alone of late. I guess it really gives you time to think about what is going on in your life.
I hope all goes well and you find the peace that you need in your life.

keep us posted on your progress

hugs
anna