PDA

View Full Version : Your heart of hearts

Jennaie
04-25-2006, 07:08 PM
I have been reading a book that talks about the innermost desires of women. I'm not talking about anything that has to do with daily life. I'm talking about the things we dream of in our heart of hearts.

When you were a young girl, did you twirl in skirts? Did you dream of being the heroine in an unprecedented adventure? Did you have a desire to be fought over? Did you picture yourself as a princess?

Now, when you take away the fact that none of these things ever happened, that you got caught up in everyday life, learning that you had no choice but to be in control of everything, making sure that your needs in life were met, in your heart of hearts, do you still dream of these things? Do you still dream of having your beauty as a woman unveiled?

Anita Mae GG
04-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Well I definitely twirled etc. I think all little girls do.....

As far as now, it is a chore just to get through the day. Things are so hectic these days I barely have time for thinking.

However I will say that there are times when I wish I could go back to some times in childhood that I really LONG for these days. But alas life goes on......

Not sure if I answered your question but that is how my heart feels now.....

dancinginthedark
04-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Jennaie,

When you were a young girl, did you twirl in skirts? Yes. I loved the full ones that whirled out so full and free and fell with a swoosh when I stopped spinning round and round.

Did you dream of being the heroine in an unprecedented adventure? Yes, Zena had nothing on me.

Did you have a desire to be fought over? Sure did, knights and wizards galore. Funny thing though, sometimes I was the knight in the story and I welded the sword. I had four brothers and not many other little girls to play with though.

Did you picture yourself as a princess? Oh yeah. Sometimes Cinderella, Disney’s cartoon version came out when I was a kid. And then the movie too.

Now, when you take away the fact that none of these things ever happened, that you got caught up in everyday life, learning that you had no choice but to be in control of everything, making sure that your needs in life were met, in your heart of hearts, do you still dream of these things? Sometimes. I sometimes wish for childhood dreams when things were simple and sweet. To return to a time when someone else took care of all my needs and life was as simple as coming in when you were called in for supper and being inside by dark.

Do you still dream of have your beauty as a woman unveiled? Yes. Some times when I look in my husband’s eyes...when everything happens to be just right ~ and so close to perfect at that moment, I feel like I have. Corney, huh?

Jennaie
04-26-2006, 01:39 AM
Tammy, We all get caught up in everyday life, very sad but very true.

Dancinginthedark, No, not corney at all. I could hardly look at behaviours that reveal the beauty of being a woman corney.

A sage GG
04-26-2006, 03:45 AM
I could only describe myself as the heroine. I didn't do any twirling in skirts, and I was never a damsel in distress. I was the dragon slayer, I could climb to the highest point of a tree before it couldn't bear the weight. I was the astronaught on mars.

I still wish I could be this way and in some ways I am. I won't stop reaching for the stars they are just closer to home, I will protect my child from evil monsters at any cost, the tree climbing I did have to give up though:(

So I guess from my post you can see not all women are the same, and our inner desires remain with us they just go from the fantasy to a reality.