PDA

View Full Version : Always found this question a strange one...

Vicky_Scotland
04-26-2006, 04:28 AM
On many if not all TG forums or chat room the question has beeen asked "If you had had a choice would you have wanted to be born a woman".

Too me this question is irrelevant because if we were born female we would have never experienced being a crossdresser. The pleasure we have in being able to express our fem side more than other men for whatever reason which all men have as woman have a male side.

If we had been born female then more than likely we would probably join society condeming men who crossdress as weirdo or perverts. We as men who are cd's/tv's are in a wonderful position in my opinion as we have an great insight into both genders and are born with a wonderful gift.

I hope I managed to put my point over in a understandable way.

Best wishes

Vicky xx

Joy Carter
04-26-2006, 04:35 AM
I wish upon wish that I had been female but I hope if I was that I would have a CD partner. The women I have been with over my life time have been for the most part self motivated and not really caring, that is the one thing I can say bout my SO she is just so wonderful. She has not accepted me at this point and it's out of fear for us that has made it so. But who knows maybe getting her into the forum will help stranger things have happend.

Kate Simmons
04-26-2006, 04:54 AM
Hi Vicky, I couldn't agree with you more. We appreciate both sexes more because of who we are. Not to mention being able to balance the male/female energies. That's a unique talent we possess that other "normal" folks do not. I, personally, would not know how to be JUST a man or JUST a woman because I've always been both. I kind of envy you, however just a little. You could wear kilts as a guy and no one would ever look at you "crosseyed" for doing it.(BTW, I DO love wearing plaid skirts!) Lucky gal. Take care, Ericka

Teresa Amina
04-26-2006, 06:53 AM
I think it's a recurring theme because it helps people to find their inner motives for dressing- a sensual thrill? to get in touch with that inner feminine side? because you're transgendered? because you're transsexual? The motives for crossdressing could fall in this broad spectrum anywhere. The more I read both here and elsewhere the more I realize my transgenderedness. When I first started my in depth exploration I had only the vaguest idea what these things were all about, I only knew I got a profound satisfaction from crossdressing. Do I wish I had been born a woman?
Well, for one thing, I'd have been born a little girl!:D Some things might have been better but others worse. Doesn't really matter- this life I do have is really getting interesting because of being able to explore these things!

Kate Simmons
04-26-2006, 07:28 AM
Vicky, As an additional comment to my previous one, had I been born a GG, I probably would have been a rough and tumble "tomboy" anyway. Now that I've finally accepted my female self, I find myself wanting to express that part of it more. That is, being a woman but occassionally dressing in traditional "guy" stuff. I guess I came full circle. I really enjoy being feminine but need both parts of myself to function. The dynamics of expressing that can be a lot of fun sometimes much to the chagrin of a lot of my CD sisters, but then again, I don't take myself that seriously. Take care, Ericka

TGMarla
04-26-2006, 07:30 AM
A few thoughts here: first, I think the question really runs along the lines of "If you could have been born a woman and still have pretty much the same personality you have now...." I think many of us like that option. And second, I think many of us would opt for that because despite the benefit we derive as men who crossdress, had we been born women, we would be at liberty to be feminine without any repercussions, and without the horrid gender dysphoria we all wrestle with throughout our lives. I know that I could have done without that for most of my adult life. It has been only recently that I have really come to terms with it. Being born female would have taken care of that from the start.

Sharon_Rose
04-26-2006, 07:33 AM
Yes. No. Maybe.

Yes - I would have loved to have been born a genetic female.
No - I would probably have wanted to be a man.
Maybe - I honestly don't know how I would take child birth and those monthly things.

I guess I end up on the side of perhaps I have the best of both worlds - despite the challenges presented.

Kate Simmons
04-26-2006, 07:56 AM
That's true Marla, but in my own case, I don't have any regrets being born a male. Had I been born a GG, my family life being what it was, I would have probably gotten pregnant at 16. I think being who I am today makes me appreciate both sexes more. I was a good husband and dad. Maybe the only regret I have is that I wasn't quite the man my wife wanted me to be. I wouldn't change a thing, though at least in my case as it has given me better insights and made me a better person overall. Take care, Ericka

sharifemme
04-26-2006, 08:15 AM
But genetic women can dress male or have male interests and nobody bats an eye. Would I have liked to be born a woman - Sure, but I wasn't so this is my attempt to be as much like a woman as I can and still be a man.

Sharifemme

Lissa Stevens
04-26-2006, 09:39 AM
I think you said it when you are visiting TG sites. Most transgendered wish to have been born the opposite gender. The ones who say yes I wis I was born female are probably not true CDs but TGs. I include myself in this. Crossdressing is an aspect of being a TG/TS but is just part of it. You can be a CD but have no desire to be female. For me this is hard to understand, as how could you want to dress as a woman but not be one. But hey, you no what they say, to each her own. Who am I to judge others when I am so screwed up?

carol ann
04-26-2006, 09:52 AM
I have a real problem with this question. Part of me says 'yes' I would really like to be female (However a younger one than I am now).

The other part syas 'wait a minute, who are you attracted to?'.

I realise that I am totally attracted to girls and not the least to boys. I fact when I see the majority of men I just cannot see how girls can find them the least bit attractive. In fact many of them look quite repulsive - particularly when they develop beer-bellies,

So there is part of me that says i am better off in my male persona.

The ideal is to be female with a real girl partner as my friend and lover.

Casey Morgan
04-26-2006, 09:58 AM
You know, I can't help but feel that if I had been born a woman I'd still be a crossdresser. But I'd be trying to express my masculine side. But like Marla said that's assuming I would largely feel the same way I do now.

OK, that does it. I'm going to take the orange pill that turns me into an Organian. (That's a Star Trek reference.) I got the impression that not only was physical appearance a moot point, so were sex and gender.

Yes I am
04-26-2006, 10:01 AM
If I were born as a chick I'd so totally be a lesbian.

Kimberley
04-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Interesting question and one I have been pondering for a long time. First, I am genetically male (and detest it) because I have had this little girl inside for as long as I can remember. So was I born male or female? I do know I was forced to be male and because of this, it is the dominant part of my personality. (Please no more threads on forced feminization)

This has been the source of horrendous confusion all my life and will be for as long as I can see. There has been major depression (chronic), suicidal ideation and one attempt.

So to answer the question, would I have wanted to be born genetically female? Sure, but I wouldnt have objected to being psychologically male either. Yes our duality is a gift, but can just as easily be a curse and for many of us it is.

Hugs,
Kimberely.

btmgrl6
05-05-2006, 02:27 AM
This as a no brainer for me. I truly believe that I should have been born a gg. I am pretty sure that the only change in me would have been the plumbing. With this in mind,being born a gm I don't belive had I been born a gg that my attitude towards cd's or tg's or lesbians would be any different than it is now...tolerant.

Steph

Kristen Kelly
05-05-2006, 03:58 AM
A few thoughts here: first, I think the question really runs along the lines of "If you could have been born a woman and still have pretty much the same personality you have now...." I think many of us like that option. And second, I think many of us would opt for that because despite the benefit we derive as men who crossdress, had we been born women, we would be at liberty to be feminine without any repercussions, and without the horrid gender dysphoria we all wrestle with throughout our lives. I know that I could have done without that for most of my adult life. It has been only recently that I have really come to terms with it. Being born female would have taken care of that from the start.

Well said Ditto here.

Alex R
05-05-2006, 04:26 AM
This is a difficult one.

I know for me that I am more than happy being male, talking football and indulging in male banter with my friends (ooh that may sound bad!) and having a wife and family. I have no desire to being a woman or even living as one, no least because I feel I have such a male psyche that I couldn't see nyself adopting a female persona. (I definitely think my wife would agree with that!). Although many psychoanalysts amongst you would attempt to prove that I've been influenced, like many men, by growing up in a particularly machismo part of the UK. There is probably some truth in that.

However, as a heterosexual crossdresser all I want is to dress as a woman when the desire takes me but with no effect on the equilibrium of everything else in my life. Now I know many of us struggle with that especially when we're in the closet but it seems to me by reading many cders comments that they have no desire to be a woman which could be extrapolated they have no feeling that they should have been born a woman. Tenuous do you think?

Then again I feel that it's just that many of us exhibit typical male selfishness and "want our cake an eat it". Maybe some of GGs would agree.

Alex R
05-05-2006, 04:32 AM
This is a difficult one.

I know for me that I am more than happy being male, talking football and indulging in male banter with my friends (ooh that may sound bad!) and having a wife and family. I have no desire to being a woman or even living as one, no least because I feel I have such a male psyche that I couldn't see nyself adopting a female persona. (I definitely think my wife would agree with that!). Although many psychoanalysts amongst you would attempt to prove that I've been influenced, like many men, by growing up in a particularly machismo part of the UK. There is probably some truth in that.

However, as a heterosexual crossdresser all I want is to dress as a woman when the desire takes me but with no effect on the equilibrium of everything else in my life. Now I know many of us struggle with that especially when we're in the closet. But, it seems to me by reading many cders comments that they have no desire to be a woman which could be extrapolated they have no feeling that they should have been born a woman.

Then again I feel that it's just that many of us exhibit typical male selfishness and "want our cake an eat it". Maybe some of GGs would agree.

Tiffy
05-05-2006, 09:19 AM
Vicky I agree with you dear. There are thoes among us that should have been born female. But then there are thoes of us who are cd's and do not want to transition. I do not wish to be woman. I just wish to be as fem a male as I can be without people beating my down for it. And I enjoy looking into the world of both genders.

April Marie

ReginaK
05-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Would I have chose to be born a woman? Heck no!

The periods, cramps, bloating, cellulite, pregnancy, putting up with crap from men... I'll pass. If I were born a woman, i'd probably end up being a FtM transsexual just to escape that stuff.

Marla
05-05-2006, 03:24 PM
If you were born a female, then you would take for granted the very things we love to do. I dont think real females realize the the pure pleasure of putting on make up or wearing satin and lace panties. Its something they do on a regular basis and so they dont realize how great it is. I sort of know what its like to be female even if in a superficial way and I wouldnt trade it for anything!
However If I could be magically transformed into a real female I would do it in a heartbeat! I know that all sounds a bit crazy but thats why you are all here.

Siobhan Marie
05-05-2006, 03:53 PM
If you were born a female, then you would take for granted the very things we love to do. I dont think real females realize the the pure pleasure of putting on make up or wearing satin and lace panties. Its something they do on a regular basis and so they dont realize how great it is. I sort of know what its like to be female even if in a superficial way and I wouldnt trade it for anything!
However If I could be magically transformed into a real female I would do it in a heartbeat! I know that all sounds a bit crazy but thats why you are all here.

I agree with Marla on this one. I for one wouldn't want to lose the sensual pleasures and the feelings of peace and comfort, also the sense of being Anna when I wear the few things that I do have. This is after all the very reason for being here

:hugs: Anna x