PDA

View Full Version : Cosmically doomed to be a CD?

Casey Morgan
04-26-2006, 10:20 AM
OK, "doomed" is a bit strong. I'm using it for self-deprecating comic effect.

We ladies are always talking about how if we had been born women then our problems would pretty much be solved. We could just be ourselves because society would be willing to accept that women can have all kinds of "masculine" traits (excuse the quotes, the explanation is too long to get into here) and nobody would bat an eyelash. And I'm thinking, "You are aware of the 'Female To Male Crossdressing' and 'Boys Clubhouse' sections of this site, right?"

Forget for a moment that being born the opposite sex would probably have some sort of effect on who you are. But if you were the person you are inside except that you had been born male would you end up being a crossdresser anyway, except that you would be expressing your female side? Or would having been born male pretty much be the panacea a lot of the ladies think being born female would be? (In case it's not obvious, I don't hold that view.)

CaptLex
04-26-2006, 10:36 AM
But if you were the person you are inside except that you had been born male would you end up being a crossdresser anyway, except that you would be expressing your female side? Or would having been born male pretty much be the panacea a lot of the ladies think being born female would be? (In case it's not obvious, I don't hold that view.)
Hmmm . . . good question. It reminds me that the other day my friend and I were joking about the odds of my transitioning into a full male and then crossdressing as a female. That would really confuse people.

But back to your question . . . If I were the exact same person, mentally, just with a male body, I don't think I would wear female attire because I'm not too fond of it - even though, if (again) I were the exact same person, I would still have a female side. I do like colors, patterns, etc. and always trying to be stylish and wear matching accessories, but I think that's the gay man in me. So, I'm thinking probably not. I probably would not crossdress with female attire - but I would make a great fashion consultant. ;)

As to your other point, I don't see being born male as a panacea. Each of us has our struggles - males, females, bi-gendered. It would have saved me a lot of hassle and confusion if I been born with the body to match my mind, but I don't think my life would have been a piece of cake either. It's given me a great deal of insight, though, to have been born transgendered, and I don't think I'd necessarily trade that for the life of a cisgendered person who is unenlightened and oblivious to this part of the world. I don't think ignorance is bliss.

I went off on a tangent, there, didn't I? :rolleyes:

Neith.goddess
04-26-2006, 10:46 AM
I personally think that both sex's really need to be more level...
that is...

I feel the need to be feminin, to balance out my sexual roles...
I am an in the closet...someday I'd like to be able to express this part of me to everyone...but even if I do, I think I would still dress as a guy once in a while...just to let everyone know im not totally one sex...

i might not even totally be one person
but I am human, and it all seems natural to me...although overwhelming and stressful...

part of the reason its like that is people want to associate you personally with a gender/occupation/name concept, the very moment you meet someone thats probibly one of the first things youll talk about...

I think males and females should wear the same things...and further broaden our abilities...

Casey Morgan
04-26-2006, 11:01 AM
I went off on a tangent, there, didn't I? :rolleyes:

Not at all. :) "Panacea" was a loaded word, but meant in a good way.

Adam
04-26-2006, 11:28 AM
if i was male i would be over the moon and no i wouldent wear female things i dont now so thats my point in fact thinking about it ohh if only i was born male cruil world init :sad:

julz
04-26-2006, 11:38 AM
I am pretty sure if I was born male and felt as I do now I would cross dress anyway. But then, I'm only a crossdresser and have no real desire to change my sex. I don't think I would mind to much either though. Boy? Girl? Doesn't matter to me.

Fainne the King
04-26-2006, 12:25 PM
If I were male, yeah I would still crossdress. I like dressing up sometimes, even as I am now I (rarely) get the urge to look pretty. I don't feel like I'm completely one or the other gender, so if I were male I'd probably feel the same way. Plus, the added mystique of wearing "forbidden" clothing would probably draw me to it.

CaptLex
04-26-2006, 02:09 PM
I am pretty sure if I was born male and felt as I do now I would cross dress anyway. But then, I'm only a crossdresser and have no real desire to change my sex. I don't think I would mind to much either though. Boy? Girl? Doesn't matter to me.
Hey, Julz:

Welcome to the forum :welcom:

Abraxas
04-26-2006, 02:12 PM
I would, probably. I want to be dandy! Freddie Mercury, David Bowie, Eddie Izzard-- my heroes, y'know, so i'd probably end up being a drag queen, haha!

julz
04-26-2006, 02:23 PM
I would, probably. I want to be dandy! Freddie Mercury, David Bowie, Eddie Izzard-- my heroes, y'know, so i'd probably end up being a drag queen, haha!

I know what you mean. Who doesn't want to be David Bowie? ;)

gennee
04-26-2006, 07:38 PM
OK, "doomed" is a bit strong. I'm using it for self-deprecating comic effect.

We ladies are always talking about how if we had been born women then our problems would pretty much be solved. We could just be ourselves because society would be willing to accept that women can have all kinds of "masculine" traits (excuse the quotes, the explanation is too long to get into here) and nobody would bat an eyelash. And I'm thinking, "You are aware of the 'Female To Male Crossdressing' and 'Boys Clubhouse' sections of this site, right?"

Forget for a moment that being born the opposite sex would probably have some sort of effect on who you are. But if you were the person you are inside except that you had been born male would you end up being a crossdresser anyway, except that you would be expressing your female side? Or would having been born male pretty much be the panacea a lot of the ladies think being born female would be? (In case it's not obvious, I don't hold that view.)

For me, I would enjoy being female because I like bright colors and have always known how to coordinate my wardrobe. I have always had a gripe with male fashions because many of them are so dull.

I don't know if I would have become a crossdresser if I was a woman. I never had the desire to wear women's clothes until about a year ago. It is a possibility, though.

Gennee

Wren
04-26-2006, 11:05 PM
I live in a tranquil place between both genders. tranquil ha! I'm stuck in middle, I think I'd always be stuck in the middle. I like to do what I'm not supposed to.

hehe speaking of idols, This is one of my favourite men. And yes he goes by mister.

Mana (http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d122/Lutzifana/Malice%20Mizer/Manabu/9ed8cc3f.jpg)

sparro
04-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Huh. You know I used to want to be male so I could do that. hehe. Just like David Bowie. Even now, maybe I'd go to Rocky Horror as a boy dresses a girl (though I am, technically, a girl). Just to throw people off.
Actually, no, I think it would make me happy, to.

CaptLex
04-27-2006, 08:46 AM
Huh. You know I used to want to be male so I could do that. hehe. Just like David Bowie. Even now, maybe I'd go to Rocky Horror as a boy dresses a girl (though I am, technically, a girl). Just to throw people off.
Actually, no, I think it would make me happy, to.
Sparro,

That reminds me, every time I used to watch Victor/Victoria (prior to my coming to terms with my CD/TG issues), I used to say, "I can play that part." You know, a woman, pretending to be a man, pretending to be a woman. I guess we love to mess with people's minds. ;)

Fainne the King
04-27-2006, 01:58 PM
I live in a tranquil place between both genders. tranquil ha! I'm stuck in middle, I think I'd always be stuck in the middle. I like to do what I'm not supposed to.

hehe speaking of idols, This is one of my favourite men. And yes he goes by mister.

Mana (http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d122/Lutzifana/Malice%20Mizer/Manabu/9ed8cc3f.jpg)
Malice Mizer! Oh, they're so pretty.

Kate Simmons
04-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Fainnie, You are a person after my own heart. Even though I'm a MTF CD, I find myself coming full circle and wanting to dress in guy stuff as Ericka. Like you, If I were a GG, I would dress in both as the mood suits me. I'm more or less a "tomboy" as Ericka anyway, much to the "distress" of a lot of my sisters. If I were born a GG, I would probably dress as a guy just because "society" says you can't. I never really considered the FTM CDing as an issue as it seems it's more accepted than the other way around. The bottom line is that we are all people after all and I accept everyone for who they are as a person regardless of what they choose to look like. Take care, Ericka