PDA

View Full Version : Before you knew

heathr1
04-26-2006, 01:17 PM
or met your partner,

What were your thoughts/opinions on CDers?

Did you ever see yourself having a relationship with a CDer?

Reason being, although I am single at present, my girfriend a few years ago loved dressing me, but since, I have become worried I may never meet another understanding partner.

Sandra
04-26-2006, 02:36 PM
I didn't have any thoughts or opinions, due to the fact that I have never heard of a TV/CD before I met Nigella. Naive or what !

Kerry Owens
04-26-2006, 02:52 PM
No idea...niaive? You betcha, I had simply no conception of what Lawren meant then when he said he was a cross dresser. Now, thanks to this site I understand so much more of what cross dressing is.
Of course, now I've only a ton more to learn about Lawren and my self.

dancinginthedark
04-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Heather,
I didn’t spend much time thinking about CD-er’s either way when I younger. I grew up in a small rural community so I had never been around any CD’s. None that I am aware of anyhow. I would see Jerry Springer on occasion and as you may know CD-er’s are portrayed as gay on TV programs of this caliber. Years later I remember that on the “Drew Carey Show” his older brother Steve was a CD and he was straight. I was surprised by that I remember. I saw a few, very few, movies where some character’s were CD or drag queens. Like, “To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar” (1995) And as I recall many of the earlier movies/set com's with gay males were played mostly very femme acting (and clothing) which didn't help matters for any one.
I never considered having a relationship with a cross-dresser before I married because like so many I thought it was linked to being homosexual or at the very least bi-sexual. And years later I would be watching talk shows and would see interviews with CD/TS/TG/TV. I could see the pain in their eyes and hear it in their voices. Then I began to think a bit more about CD and TS/TV/TG. So much is confusing for the general public that I think most are not aware of the differences until they go looking for information or it affects their life somehow. It was not until I started doing some serious research early this year that I found out that most CD’s are in fact straight men.

Angel73 GG
04-26-2006, 06:20 PM
I didn't really have an opinion, honestly. I had seen movies and shows with CDers and drag queens, but it never really occured to me that so many men in real life like to CD. I thought it was just kind of like a fictional thing, I guess, things you see on tv, movies and in stage shows LOL, I guess I was pretty ignorant.

Did you ever see yourself having a relationship with a CDer?Not really, because a) I never thought about it and b) see question above. I didn't realize there were so many normal men out there who were CDing and that I might fall in love with one. But I did!

But just because someone doesn't "see" themselves having a relationship with a CDer, that doesn't mean they won't be open to it. I absoluely fell in love with my dh and despite my lack of knowledge about CDing, I still married him anyway (yes, I knew before the wedding). And I'm not 100% accepting of it, but then again I don't reject him because of it.

I hope that you find a wonderful understanding partner someday!

cambow GG
04-26-2006, 11:56 PM
I never really thought about it. I'm like so many others I guess, just mostly what was seen on tv. And I did also think it was something done by gay men or men who were truly women trapped in a mans body. I didn't know it was something that could be needed by just about anybody I might have met on the street. Funny thing though, the thought my husband might be secretly gay just never entered my mind when he told me.

Anita Mae GG
04-27-2006, 07:06 AM
or met your partner,

Did you ever see yourself having a relationship with a CDer?

Reason being, although I am single at present, my girfriend a few years ago loved dressing me, but since, I have become worried I may never meet another understanding partner.

I was the stereotypical person....thought they we gay men dressing as women.

Didn't hate or look down on them that is just what I thought due to ignorance on the subject.....

Since I have educated myself I OBVIOUSLY don't think that anymore