PDA

View Full Version : Should I go for a crossdressing session ?

Andrea
04-26-2006, 03:42 PM
I'm thinking of going to a really nice crossdressing service in London. Its a top place (not a chain) and has featured in comments on threads before. Their work is stunning.

I've not dressed for a while and feel a little nervous of doing this but would love to see myself as a gorgeous woman in the mirror of the type on their site pictures.

Should I go, need confidence / advice from my sisters ?

Leslie16
04-26-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm thinking of going to a really nice crossdressing service in London. Its a top place (not a chain) and has featured in comments on threads before. Their work is stunning.

I've not dressed for a while and feel a little nervous of doing this but would love to see myself as a gorgeous woman in the mirror of the type on their site pictures.

Should I go, need confidence / advice from my sisters ?

YES. I've done it twice (at least for professional makeup). Both times were wonderful experiences -- my face was far far better than anything I ever came close to myself. Not that I was 100 percent passable (that may never happen) but it was amazing what they did. And don't worry about being nervous. At least in my experiences, it was relaxed, comfortable and informal. Just like its something they do every day. (Oh, yes, they DO do that every day!).. . Try it, you'll like it.

Faye Emmette
04-26-2006, 03:55 PM
You'll be amazed at the difference a make-up expert or good friend can do for your looks and confidence.
Now we'll just wait for the pics :)
F.

Gale R
04-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Go for it you lucky girl, my SO would never let me spend that much money and its only 30 miles to Bristol where i could get a makeover.:(

Hugs Gale.

steffie39
04-26-2006, 04:47 PM
I say go for it. Plus you can learn how they do it. When I went for my makeover in Las Vegas, I tried to learn how she did it so I could improve my makeup technique.

Steffie

Leslie16
04-26-2006, 04:51 PM
Did you go to Glamour Boutique Steffie?

cindybarnes
04-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Sounds like a great way to get back in the groove :) I say go for it !
Never had a pro makeover myself but would love to try it !

Cindy

steffie39
04-26-2006, 04:54 PM
Yes, Leslie, it was Glamour Boutique by Amy.

Sam-antha
04-26-2006, 04:56 PM
If you do not go for it, why then you will always wonder what it would have been like. It does not matter how good it may be, just enjoy.

Leslie16
04-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Yes, Leslie, it was Glamour Boutique by Amy.

I think I gave you the recommendation no? You read something I had on another board?

KerriAnn
04-26-2006, 05:01 PM
E4 featured one such place on the television show Boys will be Girls about a group of ex boy group singers attempting to fool the world they are a new girl band.

Leslie16
04-26-2006, 05:02 PM
Here's a pic from my NYC makeover. I know its not flawless, but better than I do myself!

Josi
04-26-2006, 06:47 PM
How big is your wallet?
If you have plenty of disposable income .. well why not?

BUT it really isnt cheap ... so what else could you spend your money on which would be durable .. I think I would rather have another good wig .. than spend it on an experience which only lasted a few hours.

I am not saying it is wrong to spend money on a makeover session .. just make sure that it is what you want to spend it on.

Have fun!

michellecd9999
04-26-2006, 06:56 PM
YES. I have had two makeovers in the past 1 1/2 yrs. I wish I had done it a LOT sooner in life! It really changed my CDing life.
Michelle

Adrienne Heels
04-26-2006, 10:06 PM
If there is a CD friendly salon in your area, perhaps just a hair styling and makeup session for an hour or so? That's what I like to do.

Love,

Karyn

Barb Valentine
04-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Just go for it
You'll be mad at yourself if you don't

Holly
04-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Andrea, if it is something that is on your heart, then you should do it! Professionally applied makeup can make a BIG difference in your look. It could give you ideas on things that you can do yourself to improve your own techniques as well. And it's fun, pampering yourself a bit every once in awhile.

Andrea
04-28-2006, 10:36 AM
Thank you for the kind words and thoughts,

I'm seriously looking into this. The places (In London E5) looks great an d I think would fulfil the desire to 'look in the mirror and see a woman not a man'.

Susancd
04-28-2006, 03:12 PM
I agree with all those who say go for it, I have been a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed it!
My avatar photo was taken on the most recent occasion.

Adrienne Heels
04-28-2006, 10:10 PM
Susan, you look lovely in your avatar pic

Karyn

Tina Dixon
04-28-2006, 10:21 PM
I have two done, what a feeling, go for it.