PDA

View Full Version : Avon in the UK

Emma_Forbes
04-27-2006, 05:05 AM
Hi Girls,

Thought I'd share this little snippet. Being quite proactive now (in my own little corner of the world) I wrote an email to Avon asking for their policy on crossdressers and men buying makeup.

The reply was encouraging, I think. I can have a rep visit me and I quote "Please do not feel embarrassed or uncomfortable, as we deal with these queries all of the time." Now I'm nervous. :nailbiting: Dare I give them my details? Do I have the courage to follow this through? And if I do, should I be dressed en femme?

Sometimes I wish I'd kept my mouth shut.......!:fim:

Em

stephanie100
04-27-2006, 05:10 AM
I would say yes to all the above
Steph

CharlaineCadence
04-27-2006, 05:34 AM
well i havve to give my secret away. I sold avon for the longest time. dressed as a woman. it made the women buy more make up from me because all i use is avon products. i hold sevrel top sales awards and had fun doing it. I will admit that it was slow when i sold as a man but after I became a beauty advisor for avor and decided to dress I sored my sales. never going under 2k a campain. I miss it alot but i had to take a consignment customer to cort and beause of that i had to stop selling. I sold for two years.

Faye Emmette
04-27-2006, 05:38 AM
.."..we deal with these queries all of the time."...
Am I paranoic or are they making fun of us?
Otherwise, ten out of ten for your initiative and I'd be en femme as this rep is not going to report you to the pub or your workmates.
And they do want sales.
Cheers,
F.

Sandra
04-27-2006, 05:40 AM
Go for it Emma :)

jenny c
04-27-2006, 06:56 AM
I agree with most comments go for it most large companies now give their staff Diversity training which includes dealing with those that fit the TG catergory.

Emma_Forbes
04-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Talk about spooky. Went out for a rehearsal, got back, Avon book through the door. Haven't had one for last 5 years and haven't given them my details yet......perhaps this was meant to be!

Em

Shelly Preston
04-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Hi Emma

I would only have one concern
Do you know who your local avon rep is.
What if it turns out to be someone you know ????
Other than that I would say go for it

sharifemme
04-27-2006, 02:02 PM
Hi!

A while back our group inquired of an Avon rep if they had an astetician willing to work with TG people. She came to a meeting for makeover night and not only did she demonstrate and sell her lines, she signed up a few girls as reps!

SO, I guess, at least part of their organization is accepting.

Sharifemme

CharlaineCadence
04-27-2006, 02:42 PM
its a very little know fact that avon has been serving the tg,cd commuinity for ever and they get tons of people asking all the time. so she may not have ment it in a bad way. just trying to set you at ease.

Siobhan Marie
04-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Hi Emma, didn't realise that, will get in touch with them for me, do you have any contact details for them? If you do I'd really appreciate it

Hugs Anna x

Monica55cd
04-28-2006, 12:11 PM
I used to think Avon could only be bought from a rep in person but appairently not so ..I buy it from Avon.com quite often....also i get email updates about sales offers/promotions etc.... quite handy..internet shopping...