PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody gone to the beach enfemme?/Swimwear

Katrina
04-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Has anybody gone to the beach enfemme? I'm not talking about just wearing women's trousers, shorts, skirt, etc...I'm talking either one piece or two piece bathing suits. I read something on someone's website (about transitioning) that after her surgery, she could finally go to the beach. That got me thinking that we all may be limited in beach going dressed up if you intend to go into the water.

CharlotteSomers
04-27-2006, 05:03 PM
I've never been to the beach, but when I was younger (read better body) and lived in an apartment I went to the apartment pool around 1 am one night in a bikini. I spent about 20 minutes in the pool with absolutely no one going by. Then I got out and as I was walking back to my apartment (about 100 yards away) a teenage girl walked right by me. I don't think she noticed anything because she looked at me and even what I was wearing and then just kept walking. No second look at all. I was SO nervous but it turned out being a great confidence booster.

steffie39
04-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Hi Katrina,

My 0.02 :

I don't think it's possible to go in the water if you have breast forms. Plus, to look more like a woman, I know I need makeup but that would wash away if I went into the water. I imagine you could just lay on the sand but I know for me I could not wear a bikini as I'm sure the breast forms would stick out of the top part and be noticeable.

Steffie

Katrina
04-27-2006, 07:27 PM
I think this woman was referring to the "bits below" causing an unsightly bulge. She had breasts and probably didn't wear much in the way of makeup since she was TS and was very far along.

Paula Jaye
04-27-2006, 08:12 PM
I've been to the beach a few times in Florida. One was a fairly quiet beach and the other was at Miami Beach early one morning. I went in the water one time but couldn't go too deep because of my wig and makeup. Breast forms are fine in the water so long has you have a swimming cossy with a high enought front and hidden support. One approach is to get a cossy that is a size smaller than usual and this will help hold the boobs in place. Regarding other bulges I have been blessed (?) with not too much to bulge. So a secure tuck and tape keep everything in place. If want to see some photos of the expedition take a look at my website.

fancy nancy
04-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Thought about it but haven't done it yet. I live at Panama City Beach,FL ;it only takes me a few minutes from my apartment to get to the ocean .

Francine
04-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Not yet....;)
I was thinking on a one piece style. :D

Francine

Barb Valentine
04-27-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm too chicken to go out at all
Never mind the beach

Karren H
04-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Nope. I hate the beach....all that sand and water!!!!! And heat!!! Ewwwwww

Love karren

Caitlintgsd
04-27-2006, 09:20 PM
I have a one piece with a skirt. Last summer I replaced all of the fencing around my backyard with 6' fencing and shrubs that are growing taller. So why drive a half hour to get to the beach and deal with parking when I can step outside my door and be in water within 8 feet?

ReginaK
04-28-2006, 12:20 AM
Hi Katrina,

My 0.02 :

I don't think it's possible to go in the water if you have breast forms. Plus, to look more like a woman, I know I need makeup but that would wash away if I went into the water. I imagine you could just lay on the sand but I know for me I could not wear a bikini as I'm sure the breast forms would stick out of the top part and be noticeable.

Steffie
I've seen clear breast forms for swimsuits and they were water resistant as well.

But if they ever needed to evacuate a beach quickly, i'll gladly show up. :D

Mandy Salamander
04-28-2006, 01:31 AM
actually, have been t' th' beach a couple times, when was not crowded,,, tho' th' need for make-up 'n a wig precluded any actual real swimming, did go in water up to my waist, once,,, but no splashing!!!,,,,, i have a skirted one-piece suit and a couple tankini's,, all with cups that were not too difficult t' modify t' hold breast forms, similar to a mastectomy bra,('n maybe someone might even sell such a thing), 'n worn tight/small sz.,, with th' tankini also kept a matching sarong handy, t' alleviate that unsightly bulge in case my tape 'n tuck didn't hold up,,,, incidentally,,, was oodles o' funn, but was nervous lots!!!

Laura_CD_CA
04-28-2006, 02:41 AM
i go to the beach vevry summer in a black speedo i piece and no one even cares as long as i act natueral and just act like i belong in one and no i dont try and pass as a woman im just a guy in a swimsuit

Helen MC
04-28-2006, 02:54 AM
I don't go out en-femme but I have stripped off on a beach and have been wearing panties under my jeans rather than male swiming trunks. Nobody gave me a second look. I would say that these panties weren't pink or frilly but in one case were white with a pattern and on another day a pair of women's pale blue Sloggi briefs, but others on that beach didn't seem to notice nor care.

AngelAshley
04-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Nope. I hate the beach....all that sand and water!!!!! And heat!!! Ewwwwww
Wtf?!?!?!!! You can't hate the beach! that's just wrong!

Last summer I was on a surfing holiday with a load of my friends, and went pretty much everywhere as a girl, including surfing. I had a swim dress that I'd wear to the beach, breast forms weren't a problem - I used the sort of double sided tape you use to stop clothes sliding down or riding up to stick them on. Although did leave a sticky mess on the boob...

Taffy
04-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Not the beach, but when LG (Little Girl) Camp was held after the resort's pool opened one year, I went out to the pool for a swim. The pool area was packed with locals and I was wearing a cute two-piece skirted swimsuit I had made. I liked the suit very much and was well received.

Taffy

Eric/a
04-28-2006, 08:05 PM
From the title of the thread, I wasn't sure if it had to be at a beach or if it could also be a pool, a jacuzzi, or anywhere else that you might be seen by other people. In the latter instance, I can answer a definite yes! I've worn 1-pieces around the pool lots of times at my apartment complex, or just a bikini bottom if I wasn't really trying to pass, but even then, I had my legs shaved and my toenails painted red or fuschia to match the bikini. Like CharlotteSomers, I've also gone swimming in both the tops AND bottoms of bikinis, but always very late at night or maybe 1 or 2 in the morning, when the pool is deserted.

I think one company that makes a lot of nice suits for full-figured and well-endowed ladies is Exelnt Designs. Here's (http://www.exelnt.com/products.php/60/8) one of their better styles. Be sure to check out the back view. It's a really nice criss-cross style. I might also be able to help out with the wig/hair problem, insofar as going into the water. Anyone ever try those flower petal bathing caps? A lot of people think they're just for old ladies, but I've always loved wearing those. I'd probably match this (http://www.headcovers.com/moreinfo.php?id=10179) one with the swimsuit in the first pic. Add to that a pair of beach sandals close to those colors, and I'm good to go!:D

Helen
04-28-2006, 09:41 PM
Hi

I have been swimming at a beach in a swimsuit. And I loved it.

It was a quite beach up the Queensland coast, very private - it can only be reached by a 4WD.

I got into my swimsuit - a cute blue one-piece, put on some old plastic (yuck) breast forms and had a splash around in the water. I was nervious but if anyone had arrived I would have been able to see them for miles off and so had time to quickly get changed. I didn't worry about make up or even a wig, the swimsuit was enough to be able to enjoy the swim. I'd love to do it again.

Helen:D

Sierra
04-28-2006, 09:58 PM
I waterski in a two piece bikini,always shaved and my outlaw vest pushes my breast up like a corset.When heads turn I wonder if its my skiing or my aparrel [you know I'am a lengend in my own mind ...right?]

Francesca Chantel
04-28-2006, 10:53 PM
My wife recently took pics of me in a two piece Speedo... We were at a dead end road and I must admit to myself that I looked good. Would I venture to the beach? no. Would i venture to the local pool, sure.

Ashley Helen
04-28-2006, 11:10 PM
I would love to go to the beach en-femme but as a naturist I am sure I would be read!

Helen

sky0629
04-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Yes one time in a white skirt, heels and tube top with long sleeves, this was during the summer but a chilly night took a walk down the board walk about 30 min's and back to the car.

Raychel
04-29-2006, 06:18 AM
I do have 5 one pice suits, one of them is even skirted. I will probably never get the chance to actually wear one to the beach though. But I must admit that it is a dream of mine.

pedebra
04-29-2006, 06:42 AM
Yes, many times. Usually I go around 8:00 AM, before the beach gets too crowded and before the teen girls get there. I have been read in the past and did not enjoy it. By going early, I can walk and swim to my heart's content and not worry about the tan lines from my top. I always wear a bikini so that when the beach starts to get more crowded, I can slip into the dunes and come out wearing only the bottoms and no one the wiser.

Eric/a
04-29-2006, 07:12 AM
I don't know if it'll be of interest to anyone, but here's (http://www.xdress.com/MZ-showdetail?itemid=Z6034&returnurl=MI-CA&returncap=Return+to+the+gallery&returnpro=default&cid=C97B4.01CT&dtind=38836.2118852315) a bikini made for guys. It's the first one I know of that has a top with it. I guess it's more like the women's workout bikinis - SPEEDO or something - than what you might see girls wearing on the beach. For most of us, I'm sure the fact that it was made for guys takes away a lot of the fun all by itself, but I'll probably try it out around the pool this summer. It looks like it'd go nicely with a black flower-petal swim cap, and there's no question it'd go with red toenails!

Helen MC
04-29-2006, 10:58 AM
Eric/a interesting that this is a UK website. There is an American one which sells what they called "manties" than is women's style underwear for men. Personally I prefer the REAL thing, genuine women's panties and knickers made and sold for women.

Eric/a
04-29-2006, 12:33 PM
There is an American one which sells what they called "manties" than is women's style underwear for men.

Funny you mention that! I started wearing those about 2 years ago, and wanted to see how they'd match up with a new babydoll from the JC Penney catalog. Looks like it'd go pretty well, doesn't it?:D

Sam-antha
04-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Why not ?
Breast forms and water ? Do masectomy folk never go swimming then ?
Wig ? Human hair.
Make up ? Waterproof, but if the place is not crowded, meaning quiet, why bother ?
Bulges / Tuck and Tape properly.
Scardey cats some of you, I mean those who have a slim style figure.
Anyway, there is always, somewhere quiet if you are lucky. Me I use rivers and lochs and I make sure that I stay on the side away from people. That means even I am not too confident.

robinLynn
04-29-2006, 05:52 PM
when i was in austallia i went to the beach in a bikini, with a wrap around and was noticed a lot. im older now and have been subject to meds by the VA. I loved it. i just stuck everything in place with tape and nobody noticed

robinLynn
04-29-2006, 05:53 PM
when i was in austallia i went to the beach in a bikini, with a wrap around and was noticed a lot. im older now and have been subject to meds by the VA. I loved it. i just stuck everything in place with tape and nobody noticed
i must say i was noticed as awoman and not a man

lauriejean
04-30-2006, 10:04 PM
I love the tan lines, even if I am restricted to one-piece suits.

Ambercd12
05-01-2006, 04:59 AM
i went to the beach alot of times dressed in femme.

Kaitlyn Michele
05-02-2006, 11:40 PM
hi guys!!..

ok you have to ignore the (ahem ) body hair...on the antique effect you cant see it !! hehe

but i sooooo want to go to the beach RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-michele

gender_blender
05-02-2006, 11:44 PM
I wear a bikini top and shorts to the beach whenever I go.
It's so I can hacky sack better too.

Charlie

Clare
05-03-2006, 12:38 AM
This is something I really want to do. A nicely cut bikini in bright colours like hot pink or bright yellow would be fabulous. The only way I can see myself doing this is with other GG's wearing their bikini's - as in I would be part of a group and blend in. Alone on the beach in bathers enfemme - I think that would be a bad move!

Kaitlyn Michele
05-03-2006, 01:00 AM
clare-

that sounds so great. i agree with you..

all we need is about 10 lucky girls to take us out!

Billijo49504
05-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Last weekend I was at Sam's Club. I saw they had 1 piece Speedo suits for just over $20. One just jumped in my cart, and refused to get out of the cart till it was time to go home. The only problem with going to the beach, is the 50 degree temps. Brrr! BJ

ariel_cd
05-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Pool yes, beach no. What to wear was a consideration. For some of the problems mentioned earlier. I buy many of my clothes from National Wholesale. A few years ago one cataloge offered a one piece masectomy suit up to size 18. The top had sewn in pockets for breast forms, solving that problem and there was a skirt at the bottom. The "brief" bottom part was fairly snug with not much of a bulge and the skirt hid that. A pretty two tone blue. The wig was a problem but them I purchased a short "summer cut" and, with just a little bit of thought, kept my head out of water and the wig dry. No one ever knew. Bouncing up and down in the water with the breast forms acting like they were real breasts was a real turn on.

I yam what I yam.
Popeye the Sailor.

Kate Simmons
05-05-2006, 04:37 AM
No, but am looking forward to swimming as Ericka this Summer. The GLBT resort I go to has a huge pool. I know nobody will look at me "crosseyed" there but I gotta start somewhere. I have three one piece suits and a cute tankini. Can't wait to get strap lines from the tan. Wonder what my Doctor will think about that? (he knows) I either won't wear breast forms or will use my foam rubber ones. Don't want to lose those puppies in the pool. Now all I gotta do is try and figure out how to dive without losing my wig LOL. Take care, Ericka

Karren H
05-05-2006, 06:49 AM
NO!!! I hate water, heat, and the beach!!! Bad for your makeup!!! Ok I love Lake Superior but that's usually frozen and I have to wear a pretty pink parka when I go to the beach there anyway.....LOL

Love Karren

Cdone2
05-05-2006, 08:25 AM
No, but am looking forward to swimming as Ericka this Summer. The GLBT resort I go to has a huge pool. I know nobody will look at me "crosseyed" there but I gotta start somewhere. I have three one piece suits and a cute tankini. Can't wait to get strap lines from the tan. Wonder what my Doctor will think about that? (he knows) I either won't wear breast forms or will use my foam rubber ones. Don't want to lose those puppies in the pool. Now all I gotta do is try and figure out how to dive without losing my wig LOL. Take care, Ericka

You could do as I do and wear a strapped bathing cap.
That should keep your wig dry and wearing a bathing cap will keep your wig in place if you strap it on tightly.
Wearing that part of a swimming costume is a real turn-on for me.

Try it; You'll like it!

Kate Simmons
05-05-2006, 08:27 AM
NO!!! I hate water, heat, and the beach!!! Bad for your makeup!!! Ok I love Lake Superior but that's usually frozen and I have to wear a pretty pink parka when I go to the beach there anyway.....LOL

Love Karren
C'mon Hon, The water's fine. You gotta wear water proof makeup silly. I won't splash you, I promise(well, maybe!). Love Ericka

Marla
05-05-2006, 03:43 PM
I have an in ground pool in my back yard and have often got in femme. It feels so good to swim around in make up and wig and yes even panties and bra.

Kate Simmons
05-05-2006, 06:47 PM
You could do as I do and wear a strapped bathing cap.
That should keep your wig dry and wearing a bathing cap will keep your wig in place if you strap it on tightly.
Wearing that part of a swimming costume is a real turn-on for me.

Try it; You'll like it!

Thanks Hon, I'll do just that. Actually I thought about it later (after about 4 coffees). Takes my brain a while to get in gear in the morning. Sounds good, I'll try it, thanks (as long as I can find a pretty one). Ericka

suzanne claire
05-05-2006, 07:06 PM
I love to swim but at home in the pool. The beach is nice to look at but is dirty.:D

Nastasha
05-05-2006, 10:32 PM
I went at our apartment pool a few times.

I had a dark blue pair of VF panties that looked like a mans speedo from a distance. I just waited until late and went out. I could see people thru the windows, some out on the balconies talking. It felt great knowing I was only wearing panties out there swimming where everyone could see me.

Scotty
05-05-2006, 11:51 PM
I went to a lake that is rather remote one time. I was in my bikini, had my 2 person life raft and paddles and was out sunbathing in it. I had a bag on shore in the bu shes wiht my cut-offs and a T-shirt.

A guy came up and decided to go FISHING!!!

So here I am, I come up and change and he says Hi so I say Hi back....
I have my naval pierced and my shirt was a cut off shirt so even with m y short cut-offs, I was in total femme that day.

I think back to it, it was my real first time being in public, hair was a bit longer and I don't know if he knew or not.......

I was scared of course and changed as fast as I could!! Then I left! :)

Phoebe Reece
05-06-2006, 10:26 PM
The last time I went to the beach in a ladies swimsuit was back in 1976. See my post in this thread: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10476&page=3