PDA

View Full Version : advice needed

stephanie100
04-28-2006, 02:13 AM
I am planning to make a new will ( sorry to be morbid ) I want to be burried en-fem I think it can be done legally What do you girls think?
and would you?

Helen MC
04-28-2006, 02:42 AM
Unlike the disposal of your property I don't know if you have any rights in Law regarding the disposal of your corpse or if your next of kin or the responsible person can do as they wish as long as it complies with the Law and Regulations as regards hygiene etc. I would personally wish to be cremated but would naturally want my corpse to be wearing panties, in my case a nice pair of white cotton interlock school knickers or a similar navy blue pair. However, in the UK, (unless the relatives request it and unlike the USA where bodies are buried/cremated in a suit or other everyday clothing), undertakers usually clothe the deceased in a shroud which looks a bit like a gown so in a way it is a more female than male garment.

To me in the end it really doesn't matter as I believe when you are dead you are dead. If there is an afterlife, and I have an open mind on this, to your spirit in a spirit world the physical clothing on a decaying or incinerated corpse will be of no consequence. What happpens to the dead body is a disposal issue, to be done with respect (for the relatives as much as for the corpse) and according to the Law but that is it. It is only an empty container to me as the persona has gone.

I am sure that Undertakers (Morticians) have been asked to coffin bodies in all sorts of clothing be that Priest's Vestments, Military Uniforms, Regalia of various Societies, the deceased's favourite suit or dress, so to be asked to clothe a physical male body in women's clothing would just be another version thereof.

If you are making a new will, consult your Solicitor, if your S/O or next of kin are in the know and sympathetic then ensure they are aware of your wishes in this respect.

For myself I am far more worried that I may have to go into an old folks home when I am elderly if I can no longer look after myself and might be forced to wear male underpants by the nurses and staff there instead of women's knickers and panties as I would have done for most of my life.

Kate Simmons
04-28-2006, 02:57 AM
Hi Stephanie, In my mind, it's not really important how you are buried or whatever. Like they say, it's the thought that counts or the rememberance. A CD girlfriend of mine recently passed away unexpectedly in her sleep. Her wife knew about her femme self and honored that. She contacted all of us who knew her to tell us about the arrangements. There was quite a turn out at the memorial service as Heather was also a well known local contractor. Some of us showed up en femme, some did not (she was cremated). Her wife was impressed by so many who cared for her. That's the kind of legacy I'd like to leave and the fact that now because of showing that we cared, we're maybe not so much thought of as a bunch of weirdos but people who really do care for one another. You have to consider family feelings, etc. It's your choice however and in the long run, it up to the local Serrogute to make sure your wishes are fulfilled as stated in the will. Those are my feelings anyway. Take care, Ericka

TGMarla
04-28-2006, 06:50 AM
Once you're dead, why would you care? Are you married? What would your wife or your other loved ones think?

Lawren
04-28-2006, 07:48 AM
Go for it. Yes, you can be buried in the clothing of your choice. In fact I have chosen that route because it actually saves money. You don't have to buy those silly "Funeral Clothes"

P. S. You have to have your wishes written down, not necessarily in your will, but at least in the posession or easily accesible to the executor of the your estate. (Person/persons who will be responsible for your final arrangements)

stephanie100
04-28-2006, 09:14 AM
Many thanks girls
My SO knows of Stephanie and is fully supported to the extent that when out shopping even when im in drab if we spot a dress skirt etc. she says does Stephenie want one as well as her.
As I spend more time as Stephanie than him then I beleave that is how I would want to be burried.
and once again sorry for being morbid

Sharon_Rose
04-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Be buried in a female blue business suit and matching accessories - BUT - take an evening gown in both white and red with matching accessories. You never know which direction you will go.