PDA

View Full Version : Positive experiences

Kate Simmons
04-28-2006, 05:10 AM
Most people consider us a bunch of oddballs because of who we are. Sometimes the tables turn however. I remember a news report from some years back where one of our sisters was en femme in a drug store and foiled a robbery. She was "outted" by the incident but was given positive attention by the media and hailed as a hero (heroine). I was wondering if anyone knows of or has been in a similar situation? It doesn't have to be anything spectacular but every little bit of encouragement definately helps. Ericka

Karren H
04-28-2006, 12:14 PM
WOW Great news story Ericka.....never heard that one! And I've not heard any simular ones. Did you see the piece on Inside Edition - I married a Crossdresser? Was well done and almost mater of fact! I have it on DVD and am trying to make it into an mpeg movie. If I do I'll email you a copy. IM me when you get home from work tonight.

Love Karren

Joy Carter
04-28-2006, 08:26 PM
I remember (Oh but why you ask) in the late sixties a Cd was sitting at her dressing table, doing what ? dressing ! when a rapist broke into her boodware and missy got tough and hauled the criminal to the police station a few blocks away on foot dressed in her penwharre (?). Oh could you see that on "Cops". "Bad Gurl Bad Gurl What YA Gona Do With A Run In Your Pantyhose Bad Gurl Bad Gurl". LOL !

Kate Simmons
04-28-2006, 08:39 PM
Hi Joy, Sounds like something I would do. Especially if my feminine stuff is threatened. Most folks who know me as Ericka(especially the gay guys) give me my space as they know I'd kick their collective tushes if they tried messing with me. And this from a gal is who is supposed to be soft , yielding and feminine? Not ladylike at all LOL. BTW, I got your message and sent a reply (for you only). Love, Ericka

Rachel Morley
04-28-2006, 09:08 PM
WOW Great news story Ericka.....never heard that one! And I've not heard any simular ones. Did you see the piece on Inside Edition - I married a Crossdresser? Was well done and almost mater of fact! I have it on DVD and am trying to make it into an mpeg movie. If I do I'll email you a copy. IM me when you get home from work tonight.

Love Karren

Ooh ooh me too ....me too...please may I have a copt too Karren? I have high speed and all that....I'd be forever in your debt! :cheeky: :) :)

Kate Simmons
04-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Karren , Yes I did see that segment. That gal and her wife had a real "pair" or at least a matched set to have that air on national TV like that. She is very attractive actually. If she wasn't "out" before, she is now. I really admire her for that. I ,personally don't care who knows who I am but I tone it down because of the family. I understand a CD or TG group helped out in NYC on 9/11/01. Anyone know anything about that? Take care, Ericka

JamieTG
04-28-2006, 11:46 PM
Last year I remember reading an article in USA Today profiling a retired Army colonel who has undergone SRS to become a woman. He had been in the 82nd Airborne and made hundreds of jumps. He had also seen extensive combat action and had earned medals for heroism. It was a very positive article and I'm hoping that because it was in a major newspaper that it helped show we are just as capable as anyone else of doing great things.
Jamie

Kate Simmons
04-29-2006, 06:00 AM
Hi Jamie, wow, that's a positive experience if I ever heard one. Maybe we could change the theme a little to include personal experiences. I don't like blowing my own horn but was in Viet Nam for two tours with Army Intelligence. Even there I somehow managed to become my femme self despite the Military. Even when I came back to the states, I was stationed near Washington and had forays to DC every weekend to become my girl self. It just shows that where there's a will, there is a way. Would love to hear from others on this. Take care, Ericka

steffie39
04-29-2006, 07:32 AM
One of my CD friends told me an interesting story from a while back that there was a state trooper that was chasing a drug dealer when the drug dealer threw the drugs away somewhere and then ran the other way. The state trooper had a kind of dilemma: stop and find the drugs or continue to chase after the guy with the risk that the drugs (a lot o them and valuable) would be gone later when he got back. All of a sudden a TG comes along and trips the drug dealer (the guy was scurrying past the TG) and then tackles him. Thus the trooper was then able to get both the dealer and also the guy selling it. To make the story more interesting, the TG testified in court to help convict the dealer. During the trial, the defense referred to the TG as HE when the judge said to him: "You will refer to this person as SHE." I got a kick out of that part.

Steffie