PDA

View Full Version : Lingerie Deliveries to Work

FrillyKnickers
04-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Hi,

I always get nervous when placing my lingerie orders online, because deliveries are a real problem for me. I don't really mind shopping in highstreet stores, but there is so much better choice online. Anyway, I have decided to purchase some lingerie, but rather than have it sent to my home where it might be opened by a family member I am thinking of having it sent to my workplace. However, my worry is that it could be opened by someone else.

I don't want my work colleagues thinking I am a CD, but feel this is safer than getting it sent to home. I am thinking of also having it gift wrapped just in case. I can't use the Girlfriend excuse because they know I don't currently have one.

Do I need to be worried about this?

Pink Satin Sissy
04-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Get a Post Office Box, no one will ever know.............except us lol!

Pink

Karren H
04-28-2006, 03:12 PM
I had all 16 wigs delivered to work and my breast forms plus lots of lingerie and earrings....... An no one ever opened them by mistake. They even x-ray then boxes when they enter the building!!!

Hmmmmm "Hey Joe, Look, that engineer on the 4th floor is buying boobs again!" hehehehe

Love Karren

FrillyKnickers
04-28-2006, 03:16 PM
I have already thought about a PO Box, but I think these have to be registered under you home address (I live in the UK), and therefore I would be back where I started from.

HaleyPink2000
04-28-2006, 03:20 PM
My place of work said no personal mail delivered to work. Period! But I have been receiving Womens clothing in my name for years to my home also the catalogues. No comments from anyone. Other than My Wife saying " You have some Girl clothes just delivered". Or maybe She'd say " Your Hair is here". LOL:)

bredalee25
04-28-2006, 03:32 PM
My place of work said no personal mail delivered to work. Period! But I have been receiving Womens clothing in my name for years to my home also the catalogues. No comments from anyone. Other than My Wife saying " You have some Girl clothes just delivered". Or maybe She'd say " Your Hair is here". LOL:)
Haley I take it that your wife knows about your cding obviously thats not the case for everyone so thats not an option here

Emily Ann Brown
04-28-2006, 03:52 PM
Karren, that would explain why your chest radiates a glow in the dark.

Emily Ann

stephanie100
04-28-2006, 04:33 PM
I have already thought about a PO Box, but I think these have to be registered under you home address (I live in the UK), and therefore I would be back where I started from.
yes you register to your home address but you can arrange to go to the post office to pick up. expensive now though
Steph:happy:

sherri
04-28-2006, 05:10 PM
This has been covered before, but ... just rent a temporary mailbox at The UPS Store or whatever. That provides a street address for delivery and they will hold packages too big for your box. They'll even call you (at whatever phone # you give them) when you recieve packages if you wish. Cost is US$10 or $15 for a month. Works great.

Miriannah
04-29-2006, 05:37 AM
Many online stores won't ship to PO boxes, so you're limited in that regard. If you have any friends who 'know,' then by all means, see if you can arrange to have the 'goods' sent to their place, and then you pick them up when they arrive. :)

Angela Burke
04-29-2006, 05:49 AM
A P.O. box would seem to be your solution.
The only divulgence of your home address is between you and the Royal Mail.
It doesn't seem expensive for a year.
It would be a secure way to send for your "girly" stuff.
I've included a link.http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?catId=400040&mediaId=600006

Ms. Donna
04-29-2006, 05:49 AM
Hmmmmm "Hey Joe, Look, that engineer on the 4th floor is buying boobs again!"

:rofl: Best laugh I've had in a while! :rofl:

Love & Stuff,
Donna

Casey Morgan
04-29-2006, 05:50 AM
Manson, you just have to know the climate at work. Do people normally open packages addressed to other people? If they do then I'd hesitate to have anything sent to work, CD related or not. But if this isn't a problem and people don't tend to gossip about the mail then you should be OK. It's not like they put stickers on the packages saying "caution: package contains women's apparel ordered by a man, check for crossdressing tendancies before opening".

I used to take care of the mail for a few law firms. When we sorted it all we really cared about was who the package went to. We almost never looked at where it came from. I would imagine most people are that way.

Jasmine Ellis
04-29-2006, 05:50 AM
get your self a post office box dear.

Eugenie
04-29-2006, 06:45 AM
We may be lucky, but in France, which is where I live : most mail order catalogs have delivery outlets scatered on the whole territory, where you can have your order shipped rather than to your home address. This is made for people who cannot be home during day time, when parcels are being delivered.

These outlets can be located any public commercial business. For example, in my small town there are two outlets, one is at a Gas Station, the other one is at a store selling locks and various security devices... Each of them has a corner of the store dedicated to delivery of mail orders.

The nice thing about it is that if the stuff you bought doesn't pleases you, you can return it without having to pay for shipment by just dropping it back at the outlet place where you collected it...

That's how I get my orders delivered. I do that as even though my wife is aware of my x-dressing she doesn't like it so I want to limit the reasons for her to be reminded about it.

You may want to check if such delivery services aren't existing in your country.j

Love from France.

Eugénie

caroline_cd_99
04-29-2006, 08:01 AM
I have had some lingerie and shoes delivered to work. Most times it was not a problem. I did have two "run" ins though.

First one was an ebay order, the box was delivered and right on the front of the box, in fairly large print it said "woman's shoes" with my name on the box. I never figured out if the e-seller was tring to out a cd, but who cares, I got a fantastic pair of shoes!

Second one was very uncomfortable. I ordered a bra and panty set, when the box came it was partially torn open. It may have happened in the mail or my boss my have opened it a little to peek inside the box. Never figured it out, but he really asked me a ton of questions. I ultimately convinced him it was a valentine's gift for my wife.

Jodie_Lynn
04-29-2006, 08:19 AM
The suggestions about PO boxes, etc are really good ones.

I would never have anything sent to work simply because different companies have different labeling practices. Some companies might just have their company initials, other like "Fredericks" have the full name on the address label.

And on another part of the question: Does your family really open your mail? My wife is familiar with my situation, but my daughter isn't. And, neither has ever opened anything addressed to me unless I ask them to.

Just wondering.

Casey Morgan
04-29-2006, 05:13 PM
The suggestions about PO boxes, etc are really good ones.

I would never have anything sent to work simply because different companies have different labeling practices. Some companies might just have their company initials, other like "Fredericks" have the full name on the address label.

And on another part of the question: Does your family really open your mail? My wife is familiar with my situation, but my daughter isn't. And, neither has ever opened anything addressed to me unless I ask them to.

Just wondering.

But FedEx and UPS won't ship to PO boxes. That's one that our salesman finally learned a few years ago.

The other problem with having things shipped to the house is, if nobody's home when they deliver then the package just sits there outside. Heaven help you if it rains.

serinalynn
04-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Every thing I order from catalogs or on the internet comes to the house.

SherriePall
04-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Just a warning. I worked as an MRO receiver for a large company and if the package didn't have the proper paperwork on the outside we were allowed to open the package to find that paperwork. The only ones we weren't supposed to open were those addressed to the president. And it wasn't easy hiding those golfclubs he bought. And the plant manager every Christmas received gifts for his wife. I wonder.

sherri
04-29-2006, 06:53 PM
As Shari Ann said, post office boxes are not an option for FedEx or UPS deliveries. That's why you have to use a mail center like The UPS Store, MailBoxes Etc, etc., which provide a street address.

FrillyKnickers
05-01-2006, 06:23 AM
Thanks for all your help!

I wish to expand my very limited collection, but can't because delivery is soo very difficult for me. I know this subject has been covered before, in fact I created a similar thread, but the subject was on home delivery rather than work delivery.

It seems a PO Box (UK) would be the way to go, but is mail sent to home to indicate mail has arrived? If so I would be back to square one again! How are you informed of new mail?
I always email the online store I am buying from asking how the items are packed and do they display the company name and logo on the package. If I know this then I feel a little better, but still worry the wrapping might get damaged like Caroline mentioned.

I once had an item (work related) that was opened because the label wasn't clearly readable, since then I have been very worried about having things delivered to work. My feelings are however, that if it is also gift wrapped then you stand a better chance of explaining things. People know I don't currently have a Girlfriend, but my excuse would be that a friend has asked me to order something for his Girlfriend - not to ruin the surprise. I think this is a good cover story.

I have some items in mind, but don't know if I should risk a work delivery, otherwise I will have to leave it for now :sad:

Angela Burke
05-01-2006, 07:43 AM
Isn't the idea with a PO box (UK) that you (the recipient) make the occasional call into a pick up point with agreed ID to collect any deliveries?
Royal Mail posting to your home address to tell you you've got a delivery to your PO box that you want to keep separate from your home address would seem to defeat the purpose!
I would make enquires to the Royal Mail.

wendy
05-01-2006, 08:23 AM
I've had a few items delivered to work, wasn't any article of clothing mind you, but car parts, but I echo the concerns that everyone else has stated, usually the paperwork as to the contents of the package are written on the outside and anyone receiving it can read it and wonder what you are having delivered to work.

I would first ask if it is ok to have items delivered to work, and go from there. Some companies don't like personal items being delivered at work.