PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you tvs have young children?

Maria-Christina
04-28-2006, 05:15 PM
My fiance and I are thinking about starting a family. Call me selfish if you wish but I can't imagine giving up dressing. How do you cope with this? Children grow up ultra fast these days.

Maria

brandi
04-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Maria, I have two girls. One is 13 and the other is 10. They don't know about Brandi as of yet, (I'm still trying to find the right time and way to tell them).
I mainly dress when I have the house to myself or in my bedroom late at night after the girls go to sleep. Believe me there is always a way to dress if you need to even with kids. Good luck

Brandi

TVStevie
04-28-2006, 06:15 PM
Work around your children, when they arrive. In my opinion, children will restrict certain facets of your life but the way that they enhance it will more than make up for it. I've got two and would not swap them for all the money in the world.

Maria-Christina
04-28-2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks Brandi.

I would like to think children being told early and making them understand from an early age would influence the world of tomorrow to accept crossdressers. Hang on I'm just waking up out of my dream world.

Maria

Summer
04-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Maria,
I have two daughters that have grown up with me dressing all their lives.
We even go shopping together and many funny stories to tell. They are now 14 and 18.

There is never a good time for children, if you have not started when they were young. My recomendation is don't do it. It will cause much grief for you and them.

Summer

Maria-Christina
04-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Stevie

I am sure you are right. I suppose I am just so addicted to CDing it's hard to imagine any change.

Maria

Maria-Christina
04-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Summer

Thanks

Maria

kymmieLorain
04-28-2006, 06:44 PM
I have three boys, 18,11,8. I normaly dress either when they are gone out or after bedtime. problem is lately my oldest has been staying up later and interfering. They have seen me in thongs and with my toes painted. it is no big deal to them.

Kymmie

Wombat
04-28-2006, 07:01 PM
I've got a 13 year old son and a 5 year old daughter. Neither know about my cross dressing. It's not hard to work around kids - you'll find the time, but be warned, they are very observant.

Should you tell them?

This argument goes around and around and there are good and bad stories from both sides of the fence. I think about the only real consensus (and that marginal) is about not telling boys in their teens - it's a time of great change and they are often struggling with their own identity and so don't need to be questioning Dad's as well.

Don't let cross dressing stop you having kids.

Telling them? I always go back to the 'need to know' routine. Until they need to know, really need, it's best not to put it on them. Kids are very understanding, but they also don't understand security. I don't like the idea of telling a child - hey, this is really cool, but don't tell anyone, it's our secret. That sounds horribly like a line the creeps use. If school friends do find out, it might turn out to be a nothing event (probably will), but kids can be horribly cruel too and you're just giving the bullies extra amunition.

Have your kids. Keep dressing. Accept that you'll have to go underground till they're adults. You'll be right. If circumstances are that you come out to the children before then, enjoy it and do it right.

Wombat

Gurly
04-28-2006, 07:12 PM
I've been dressing since I was five but didn't have a child until relatively late in life (36). Although I think my daughter would not have a problem with my dressing, I've chosen not to tell her. Still, it has not stopped me from doing it.

Anita Mae GG
04-28-2006, 07:19 PM
We have four kids .....two girls ages 7 and 16 & two boys ages 2 and 4...they don't know and never will....that is what Danielle and I decided together.....:happy:

Phoebe Reece
04-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Maria, whatever you decide, make sure it is a decision you and your fiance both believe in. My wife and I made a decision before we had children to raise our kids with full knowledge of my crossdressing. In our case, that was the right decision. Our daughter is now 30 and our son is 26. Neither one of them ever had a problem with it.

kathy gg
04-28-2006, 10:01 PM
hi maria

My husband and I who have now been married over 6 yrs have a two yr old daughter. We don't have any issue with the cd stuff and it is not a problem in our mariage. We both had many talks prior to getting pregnant that we wanted to raise our child being a full part of our life. For us, this is just another aspect to our daily life. It is not all "sexually" based for my husband as we do alot of regular things with him dressed just as we woudl with him in boy mode.

So far so good. But we have a solid foundation, we also dont' make friends with people who are either not like us or will not be accepting of our lifestyle.
We have done regular family things with our daughter and my hubby enfemme. Luckily we live close enogh to a large city that has a lively gay village that has lots of family friendly stuff to do. There is even a glbt day at most of the family theme parks as well.

Anyway, I think it is possible, but it requires planning and patience and total acceptance from both cd and wife/girlfriend.

Good luck. And no matter what, you both have to agree on this HUGE step.

My fiance and I are thinking about starting a family. Call me selfish if you wish but I can't imagine giving up dressing. How do you cope with this? Children grow up ultra fast these days.

Maria

TxKimberly
04-28-2006, 10:30 PM
Yepper - I have a two year old daughter. Haven't decided how to address the bigger issues yet. I can tell you that I wouldn't trade my little critter for any time in fem. She is so much fun, brings sunshine into my life, makes me feel young again, I wouldn't trade one second of time with her for fem time.

Kim (AKA Daddy)