PDA

View Full Version : Once a mother

heathr1
04-29-2006, 02:47 AM
I remember this being discussed on television once.

When a woman becomes a mother, do you believe there is a certain way she should not dress?

Just made me think as I once remember being in the supermarket and seeing a mother shopping with her son who was probably about 12yo. She was wearing a skimpy crop top, a really tight short denim mini and very high heels.

Kerry Owens
04-29-2006, 09:17 AM
my answer is, I never had the time for that kind of stuff. As a mother time was just too short to put into a outfit. My girls just kept me too busy to have time for anything more complex than sweatpants, t-shirt and old shoes!

LaceLuvr's GG
04-29-2006, 11:38 AM
I've never heard of any "rules" to the fact. But I agree with Kerry. Since having my children - I find dressing up as a luxury. It's mainly jeans, sweats or shorts and a tee that gets me through my day. I dress in business attire for work. There are a few things that I would think are inappropriate to wear if you're a mother - especially with what's being worn by kids these day. Now in the bedroom, that's a different story. ;)

Anita Mae GG
04-29-2006, 11:48 AM
Same here, no time for that. However to answer your question, I think you should dress respectable especially when you are WITH your children. I know the type you are talking about. I've seen them. To me it seems trashy and a great example of NOT dressing your age. However, I am not condemning those who are lucky enough to have a great body (I am not one of them:D ) as long as the clothes are age appropriate ....otherwise you just look cheap.....my opinion of course :D

admirerplus GG
04-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Heathr1,

My personal opinion about how a Mom should dress, is that she should have a choice to be herself. I dream of a world where everyone will feel free to wear the clothing and accessories that they feel best in, regardless of what other people may think.

I think society often feels that Moms should dress in a more conservative and non-sexual manner. I am a Mom and I to try to demonstrate good choices with the clothing I wear. I try to be a role model to my daughter by making an effort to look my best, no matter what the occasion either casual or formal. There are occasions, although rare, that I will dress up and wear something more sexy. On other occasions, I dress formerly for work or casually for the weekend.

I think dressing is about making choices that are appropriate for the occasion and situation.0.02

Sandra
04-30-2006, 07:18 AM
Dress for your age and what you feel comfy in, that doesn't mean clothes have to be dowdy looking. For me every day wear is normally t-shirt and trackies, but when going out it can be a smart pair of trousers or a skirt and a nice top.