PDA

View Full Version : Saw the new movie "kinky boots"

Monica55cd
04-30-2006, 03:27 AM
tonight me and my GF went and saw the new film Kinky Boots...I thought it was a very touching story...( my fem side loves those kinds of movies)...would like to hear any other comments on the film if anyone saw it...One thing I noticed was it seems like howing drag queens in film seems to be the norm but not Hetero CD's is that because its more socialy accepting to be entertained by them but not have the guy/father/husband next door in a dress??? the film did show the main character's delema of acceptance by his father...anyway it was a very good movie...

Jasmine Ellis
04-30-2006, 04:05 AM
sounds good I'll keep an eye out for it over here

Kate Simmons
04-30-2006, 04:07 AM
Hi Monica, Yeah, that seems to be the "accepted" theory. That's Hollywood's perception of what guys in dresses are all about. It must be cost effective to them to perpetuate this myth. Society conditioning being what it is, there is no such thing as a "normal" guy in a dress. We know better, however. We come in all ages, shapes and sizes. All walks of life. We can be (and usually are) the well adjusted guy next door who loves life and is dedicated to his family and no one will ever know except we ourselves as we talk to each other about it. Just for once, I'd like to see a movie about the average "Joe" (or Josephine) who is a CD. No takers on that one, as they would probably consider it too boring but that's real life. Take care, Ericka

Nikki Dee
04-30-2006, 05:01 AM
Hi. Love...Yeah...saw it over here a few months ago...enjoyed it...was quite emotional at times.!!!!...My wife thought it was good too.!!!. We are going to see "Transformation" next week too...seen the trailer...looks good.!
Nikki. x

Andrea
04-30-2006, 05:56 AM
Went to see it with a female friend (who doesnt know I CD). Loved the film, funny and touching at times too.

The funny thing is the guy who plays the CD'er was also in Serenity and Four brothers as the bad guys, cmplete the opposite to his character in Kinky boots. :eek:

Oh and loved the Kinky boots too. :happy:

Deborah_UK
04-30-2006, 11:58 AM
Jasmine,

Its a British made film set in Northampton (the home of the boot & shoe industry in the UK), based on a true story. It was released in the UK sometime last year and is now available on DVD (was on Sky Movies recently too).

Feel good movie - well I felt good at the end :)

maggie
04-30-2006, 01:00 PM
Hi. Love...Yeah...saw it over here a few months ago...enjoyed it...was quite emotional at times.!!!!...My wife thought it was good too.!!!. We are going to see "Transformation" next week too...seen the trailer...looks good.!
Nikki. x

I haven't heard of "Transformation." Do you mean "Transamerica"?

Maggie

Monica55cd
04-30-2006, 03:03 PM
thanks for the replys girls....
Ericka...I sooo agree with you about the having a film show the average joe CDer...but it would be too real and not titialting or entertaining enough for the masses....BTW I havnt seen transamerica yet but will soon....

Karren H
04-30-2006, 06:23 PM
I heard it was good and also Breakfast on Pluto is supposed to be good too! I've been colection TG/CD movies....so far To Wong Foo, Glen and Genda, White Chicks, Saroraty Boys, and just Like a Woman. There's another Ed Wood flick out there that staring Jonney Depp and it was about Ed Wood!

Funny story, my wife had rented this because she likes Jonney Depp and it was right after she found out about me dressing. So we started to watch the film and Ed Wood goes in and says he likes to dress up in womens clothing! CLICK Off went the TV and back to the store it went!! She had no sence of humor for quite some time!! LOL But it's back and were doing nicely!

Love Karren

michelle19845
04-30-2006, 10:06 PM
i hope to see that movie sooner or later.there's noone to see it with so,oh well,wait till it comes out on dvd.thanks for the good word.