PDA

View Full Version : Driving Force In Your Life

Kristen Kelly
04-30-2006, 07:42 AM
I was sitting reading the posts as I normally do in the mornings when It came to me just how time is consumed with dressing and how much of my thoughts, and life is altered by it.

I’ve have been dressing in different degrees since very young but it wasn't until last October, after a 3 year self imposed ban on dressing to see if it was something I wanted to do or was compelled to do, that I began to dress and get out of the house on a regular basis. I’ve become so very comfortable with the women inside me that it in many ways controls my life, not caring as much who I am seen by or who now knows. The time spent shaving all over to remain smooth; my skin care cleansing my face to clear the rutty complexion I had. Plucking my eyebrows to gain a more feminine look. My drive to obtain a passable look and voice to blend while out. My many hours of shopping for that right look in clothes and the many outfits needed because I don’t want to be seen in the same outfit ALL the time. Not to mention the expense of everything for my better half. The dieting (I’ve proud to say loss 22 pounds) to gain that image I want to obtain and have not reached my goal of the weight I would like to be. The late night chatting with the ever-increasing number of friends I meet online and in person dressed. My weekend trips now include a very large bag for Kristen and if possible I remain dressed as long as possible while away and now even driving to and from if possible. These are just a few things I’ve listed for there are many more I could add as I write this. My actions have improved my health, looks and my happiness in enjoying life, and I know that’s what its all about.

This is all behavior is not unique to me I’ve seen it in many posts and chats with others. My question to all is “1) To what length will you go to get satisfaction in obtaining the image you want to portray, 2) Do you let it consume your time and if not how do you, not a SO, obtain a balance in your life, and where is that balance.
Some might think this action borders on Excessive Compulsive Disorder but for me I’m making up for lost time, if I had these feeling, as strong as I do now, in my younger days my like would be so different today.

Deidra Cowen
04-30-2006, 09:32 AM
I spend way too much time on this CDing and even while at work constantly day dream about it. But I have fun and have found since I started dressing over a year ago that I have been happier than any point in my life since probably College.

But I probably need to cut back on it a bit and start paying attention to the family and job more than I do.

Teresa Amina
04-30-2006, 09:35 AM
Sure does eat up my free time! Perhaps more as it is a matter of self discovery, late at my age but more compelling because of it. I hid my Inner Self away for decades, dressed occaisionally throughout but never dared, till recently, to examine my motives. Thought all CDs must be alike:rofl: Not quite! Didn't have any idea what Transgendered even meant a few months back, now I'm sure thats me. So for me the time is not taken so much by the practical aspects of Looking Good, but being more "Me".

Melinda G
04-30-2006, 10:02 AM
Definately takes up a lot of time, that I could be doing something else. But I enjoy it, or I wouldn't be doing it.

Butterfly Bill
04-30-2006, 12:30 PM
I spend a lot of time dressed, but it is my normal attire that I wear while doing other things. I don't do the make-up and wig trip, so getting dressed usually takes only as long as it does to get on a pair of shoes, (and pantyhose if it's cold enough), and throw a dress over my head. The image I want is Liberated Man, and I feel I succeed at it. It's something I get to do any time I want (the times I don't are when I'm doing get-dirty work, or when I'm at home and it's warm enough for nudity), so there are no periods of time to think about it a lot because I can't.

Shelly Preston
04-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Dressing is a driving force as if I did not dress I would probably go crazy
Even if I am not dressed, I can usually be found here talking about it.

Joy Carter
04-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Enough to doubt my own sanity.:bonk:

Kristen Kelly
04-30-2006, 09:32 PM
Im amazed at the time of this post there are 225 views and only 31 votes, didnt think this was a difficult question, or maybe it is a difficult one to admit to.

Faye Emmette
04-30-2006, 11:34 PM
Not so hard to 'admit' to, as to explain in as few words as possible.
Over the 40 odd years of 'trying, sampling, thinking, stopping, resuming, marryng etc', it's hard to say aye or nae.
At times it has been and others not.
Sorry for such a boring answer, just clarifying my "No".... ( at the moment).

betty56
05-01-2006, 12:39 AM
I voted yes, it makes me happy and I feel good about myself. Its been a long road to self acceptance, my entire life its always been there but the guilt and shame almost took my life. My TG feelings are there every waking hour and I am finally proud to say, this is me!:happy:

Kristen Kelly
05-01-2006, 04:28 AM
I voted yes, it makes me happy and I feel good about myself. Its been a long road to self acceptance, my entire life its always been there but the guilt and shame almost took my life. My TG feelings are there every waking hour and I am finally proud to say, this is me!:happy:

Betty I think you hit on that one. Many of us go thru cycles of ups and down with our feelings and acceptance. Myself I have been there, at this time I am in TOTAL acceptance of who I am, I am a transexual woman born in a male body, and my acceptance directs my actions in my life.

Lilith Moon
05-01-2006, 04:32 AM
I voted yes, although I considered the "What life" option.

Most of my CD time is currently thinking about it and being in this forum. I'm not actually doing it right now, just being it.

FionaAlexis
05-01-2006, 05:13 AM
I think being transgendered is the driving force of my life and dressing has been at the core. But I think it has also been a diversion and debilitating.

Fiona xx

stephanie100
05-01-2006, 05:52 AM
I voted Yes though it is not the act of dressing but the person inside reflected in the act of dressing that is the force.
Steph:happy:

VERONICARH
05-01-2006, 06:02 AM
I find myself wanting to dress up alot more since I joined this site, because I fill there lots of us out there and it makes me fill alot better knowing I'm not the only one. So yes is my answer.

Karren H
05-01-2006, 06:29 AM
Nope, driving force in my life is my family, then dressing and ice hockey are tied for second place!!! Now ice hockey enfemme would be a dream come true! hehehe Kick Cami Granado's ass!! LOL Well maybe but have fun trying!!

Love Karren

TGMarla
05-01-2006, 06:32 AM
Whereas I'll admit to a time when I would go to great lengths to crossdress, and when it preoccupied my waking life from the moment I woke up, I'm happy to say that things have simmered down a bit on that. I'm better at it now than I ever was, and it no longer controls me like it once did. So yes, it was, and still is, a driving force in my life, but it's not the driving force in my life anymore. Life is.

HaleyPink2000
05-01-2006, 12:14 PM
The driving force in my life is my Wife. I love Her with every part of my being. Nothing else does come close to that. The next thing would be the relationship with my Daughter and Grand Children. This is my life first before the CDing. My Cross Dressing is not a force in my life. It's a part of me. Like a shower, a shave and dressing in either Male or female clothing should be. It's not controling me, but me it. I dress when I want to and don't other times. Most of the time I'm in shorts and a T. Nothing will get to that point again with me.

I did that once let something take me over. You'll laugh. I shot in many competitions over the 80's was quite good at it. I even worked some for a Company Shooting for them. It took me over completely. I ate slept and drank it. For 12 years I did that. It's a fond memory. But it took over my life. I won't let anything do this to me again. it was paramont even before family most of the time. Birthdays spent on the range insted of at home. Nope never again. No one in my family has ever said bad of it. But it bothers me that I was so consumed by it.

Right now I'm wearing a jean skirt and black blouse with angel pumps.
I dress when I want to!

mellisa
05-01-2006, 12:31 PM
It's feeling of the clothes too, don't forget. SOME time is never enough! :p

Ellie
05-01-2006, 12:46 PM
It is becoming a driving force in my life but I try to keep all things in balance. Yesterday was an all guy day but I still played around with different nail colors while watching TV.

Kate Simmons
05-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Guess so, since I choose to be Ericka about 75% of the time, including when I'm sleeping. I do control it however and don't let it control me. Ericka

Siobhan Marie
05-01-2006, 04:46 PM
Its a big part of my life. I wear panties and other things 24/7. I dress when I can. I shave my legs, arms and armpits regularly. It makes me, me.

Hugs Anna x

Sherrie
05-01-2006, 04:57 PM
Dressing is definitly a driving force in my life. I find that I think about dressing quite a bit. Even at work I am thinking or dreaming about being dressed. If I see a gg with something I fancy, I wish I could walk up to her and ask..."Where did you get that, it is so pretty." Of course I dont though, but it would be nice. I do dress at least in a nighty most every night, and when I can, I dress fully including makeup.

Kate Simmons
05-01-2006, 06:55 PM
Dressing is definitly a driving force in my life. I find that I think about dressing quite a bit. Even at work I am thinking or dreaming about being dressed. If I see a gg with something I fancy, I wish I could walk up to her and ask..."Where did you get that, it is so pretty." Of course I dont though, but it would be nice. I do dress at least in a nighty most every night, and when I can, I dress fully including makeup.
Ask her next time, Hon. I have done that already. Not only will they tell you where they got the item, they will consider it a compliment. Women eat up compliments and so do I when I receive them as Ericka. I get quite a few and love it because it's nice to feel appreciated. Ericka

bredalee25
05-01-2006, 08:20 PM
I answered yes because lately hardly a moment passes that I don't think about dressing or see a gg and think how good i'd look in that outfit. I dress every chance I get now I used to wait til my gf wasn't home to dress but now i'm making excuses to stay up and wait til she's asleep and go in the bathroom and put something of hers on and admire myself in the mirror I can't really get to my clothes as I keep them in the toolbox on my truck and fear she might hear the door open and close so I just grab her clothes and put them on alot of her stuff doesn't fit me but most of her panties and tops do also her nighties if one is in the laundry basket it gets me by til I can go all out with my clothes. I fear that it's consuming my life right now and that i'm gonna want more and more time to dress. If I could get away with it I would wear panties under my guy clothes but I know I can't because she might walk in when i'm using the toilet or someone at work would see them so it's stickly mens breifs when in guy mode well ttfn

Clare
05-01-2006, 09:00 PM
No, my crossdressing is simply a very important part of my life, along with many other aspects!

Obviously there have been times in the past 30yrs when it dominated my thoughts and actions, but only for relatively short periods of time.

Essentially, crossdressing is always in my mind, but it doesn't control or dictate my everyday lifestyle. I guess you could say I have accepted my crossdressing without letting it dominate me.

Kristen Kelly
05-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Thanks for all the replies suprised me less than 25 percent of the people voted.

Shiny
05-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Yes the CDing is a driving force most of the time in my life and in all candor, it sucks! I started the "Blue pill red pill" thread stating that if you could have taken a pill before you ever wore your first item of women's clothing or even after you were well underway in the "program" and that it would make you "normal" or not want to dress would you take it? I say after being all these years on the back side of the deal a resounding YES!

Don't get me wrong, like the Alice Cooper song where he admits he loves the "makeup" etc., I agree. There's that "Vibe" you get from a tight skirt, a weighted, filled out brassiere and man, those silky shiny nylons on shaved legs that just can't be beat. It's amazing how most women, even older ones who remember the old days where dresses, girdles, petticoats etc., were worn daily. And even though it is a "high maintanance" look almost all of them never mention the excitement of dressing. It's like a guy putting on a T-shirt and jeans! Maybe we got the "clothing excitement" gene instead of the women in the lust for women's clothes.

CD'ing had taken up far too much time in my life and in looking forward to the weekends I can't wait to get shaved up on Friday night and "hit-the-silk!" then there's the "discovery" worries and the worries that I could be doing something else that is more productive like mowing the lawn, socializing with other human beings instead of mincing around at home in a skirt and heels and on and on.

And passing? Forget it! Althouth I have what I consider to be "great Legs" it's a 6 foot 3 "Herman Munster" in drag who harbors no allusions that he will ever, ever be able to "pass." The CD bit started with nylons then in textbook fashion continued on into full drag "everything" mode. The fantasy is there, probably always will be but the reality of it and the present circumstance is a total let down. It's an addiction, a closet addiction that I am stuck with and as I make my way through life realize it is a part of me and I deal with it the best I can.

jo ann
05-09-2006, 08:03 PM
kristen, Since I happen along this site ,my eyes have been open .For so long I felt alone in my delamea.YES,it can be comsuming ,but isnt that what life is about! jo ann:thinking:

LucyTwitch
05-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Hi

To late for the pool, for me it is most of the time a driving force but the degrees of the force vary. At present becoming stronger.

gender_blender
05-09-2006, 08:37 PM
It should be... running around naked is typically frowned upon for some reason.

~Charlie

Kristen Kelly
05-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Betty I think you hit on that one. Many of us go thru cycles of ups and down with our feelings and acceptance. Myself I have been there, at this time I am in TOTAL acceptance of who I am, I am a transexual woman born in a male body, and my acceptance directs my actions in my life.

For me it does take up much of my time I've never accepted it to this degree before, and have never worked so hard to look so good, but I've never been this happy with myself and thats what it is all about. In the past it was all about the clothes now, its a way of life, I'm in that state of mind no matter how I'm dressed.