PDA

View Full Version : From near disaster to the best weekend of my t-life (so far)

Gemma Rhodes
04-30-2006, 11:18 AM
Hi All,

Sorry for the length of this post but just thought I'd let you know about my weekend. Originally I had planned a Saturday night out in Bristol stopping off Friday night at a friends in Oxford. Get to set off Friday morning, do the usual maintenance checks on car (ie water, oil etc) and off I go (in drab). Anyway about 120 miles into my journey on comes the radiator light. I pull in to a service station and the radiator appears to be leaking. Get a carton of Rad-Weld, pour it in and it appears to have cured the problem. Off I go again, a couple of miles down the road, radiator light comes on again. Anyway, I come off at the next junction and find a garage, and to cut a long story short, its the water pump gone (£250-£300). Still about 70 miles from Oxford and 120 miles from home. Panic, what do I do. Well I ring Chrissy who Im staying with In Oxford and Carla who I was staying with in Bristol and they both took over.

Chrissy came out to where I was stranded and picked me up, then we rung Carla and said would she mind putting 3 of us up instead of just me as Chrissys housemate Bex wanted to come too. Carla said no problem so on the Saturday we got up, dressed and travelled en-femme to Bristol. Chrissy is amazing and has so much confidence but for Bex and me it was quite a new experience going out dressed in daylight.

Anyway we found Carlas without getting lost and then she took us into the centre of Bristol. (My first time out in "the real world"). Had a couple of drinks in a pub before moving on for a great meal and then onto a club. We all got back to Carlas about 2.30am rather tired.

Travelled back to Oxford where I am now and Chrissy realised we needed a few things from Sainsburys. We were all dressed, so Chrissy and me walked over to Sainsburys and bought a few things we needed. No nasty comments, maybe a couple of double takes but it went without problem.

So what looked like it was going to be a disaster has turned into a great weekend. Must say a big thank you to Chrissy who has put me up here and driven me around all weekend and to Carla in Bristol, friends like these are very hard to find, and I am very lucky.

Travelling home on the coach tomorrow as the car cannot be repaired til Tuesday, then I will have to get back down here somehow to pick it up.

But, hell, its only money, what I did this weekend has been priceless.

Gemma xx

uknowhoo
04-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Ain't it funny how things work out!

It sounds as if you've had a wonderful time this weekend (well except for the car thingy:o ).

Thanks for posting Gemma.

xoxo

Tammi

EricaCD
04-30-2006, 11:24 AM
Well that sounds just fantastic. Not the car part, of course. But I'm delighted it worked out so well...

Erica

Gemma Rhodes
05-01-2006, 04:46 AM
Its amazing what can happen when friends pull together. :)

Gemma xx

Kieron Andrew
05-01-2006, 04:54 AM
Its amazing what can happen when friends pull together. :)

Gemma xx
was wondering when you were gonna post your little escapade!........it was great to see you Gemma.........im glad you enjoyed Bristol!!!.............funny thing is i feel guilty about the car cos it was me that part nagged you to come to Bristol in the first place lol

Shelly Preston
05-01-2006, 05:04 AM
You know what they say Gemma

Bus fare £15
Water Pump £275

A wonderful weekend Priceless

Glad you had a great time.

(Ps Do carlsberg do weekends ?)

Gemma Rhodes
05-02-2006, 07:20 AM
As a footnote - just heard from the garage. £375.52. OUCH!!

Di
05-02-2006, 08:11 AM
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.....it was great reading about it!
As far as the car goes..............I hate car stuff too...as you said it`s only money.