PDA

View Full Version : We're right - it's logical.....

Emma_Forbes
04-30-2006, 02:18 PM
Hi Girls,

As I was putting up my fence today, a thought occurred to me (not 'Why am I putting up this fence when I could be indoors doing my nails...)

It's actually logical for men to wear skirts and women to wear trousers, because of the bulge, or lack of it. Apart from the macho image, isn't it illogical for men to wear trousers that show off their manhood? Surely a skirt or dress which covers the unsightly bump is much more sensible :thumbsup: In addition, girls have curves in all the right places and can therefore wear trousers without having the fall of the cloth unnecessarily interrupted.

So I'm convinced....... :winking:

Em
:joke:

Teresa Amina
04-30-2006, 02:24 PM
Forbes is a Scots name, and they've been wearing kilts in the Highlands forever. What's a kilt but a skirt with a guy inside?

Marla S
04-30-2006, 02:30 PM
Hm. Interesting theory, but obsolete since mankind "invented" the horse.:cheeky:

susandrea
04-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Around the rest of the world men DO wear dress/skirt-like apparel.

Check out all the pics in this link:

http://www.kiltmen.com/world.htm

:D

livy_m_b
04-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Clothing is metaphoric as well as functional (sometimes)
- one can as easily imagine that trousers are intended to show the bulge and that skirts are intended to metaphorize the openness below. There's no end to alternative hypotheses, nor any end to styles of dress. And yes, every one of them contains logical inconsistencies. And yes, in the right conversation it's perfectly okay to toss another person's or gender's or group's inconsistencies at them!

Faye Emmette
04-30-2006, 03:27 PM
Around the rest of the world men DO wear dress/skirt-like apparel.

:D
.. unbifurcated garments ..
Oh aye, and we've seen Prince Charles out in public too in his kilt.
If only we were all alowed to wear fashionable 'unbifurcated garments' whene're we wanted to. Just another example of society closing in on freedoms.
Hey Geronimo, why so glum? Can't find shoes to go with the dress?

Kate Simmons
04-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Hi Livy,, Are you Vulcan or something? I like your logic. Take care, Ericka

BethGG
04-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Here's a question though: If it was standard for men to wear dresses/skirts and women to wear pants, would there be crossdressers? Would those crossdressers be mostly male or mostly female? Would women be the ones trying on their husbands skirts when no one was home? Hmmm...(I'd happily leave the skirts to the men).

Marla S
04-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Here's a question though: If it was standard for men to wear dresses/skirts and women to wear pants, would there be crossdressers?

Simple answer: YES

Would those crossdressers be mostly male or mostly female? Would women be the ones trying on their husbands skirts when no one was home? Hmmm...(I'd happily leave the skirts to the men).
Not sure about that, but I think the more women are forced into "pants" (better said, the male role) the more there would be the need to CD for women.

(I know it sounds stupid and probably is wrong, but sometimes I think emancipation may have some similarities with and might be a more elaborate, and subtle way of CDing.)

Jennaie
04-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Somewhere I read: If the world were a logical place, the crossbar would be on the womens bikes.