PDA

View Full Version : I'm curious about CD's

Deanna2
04-30-2006, 11:45 PM
All the talk about crossdressers and the extent of dressing up, etc has made me rather curious about what is a CD. Most girls on the forum here use the expression as though everyone knows what they are talking about.

But I think we take the term somewhat for granted. Is a guy who wears femme panties a CD or does he have to wear all sorts of femme gear and makeup, etc to qualify? Is it like being pregnant? You either are or you are not. Someone cannot be a little bit pregnant. Hence, the mere wearing of panties should make a guy a CD. As a constant wearer of femme panties I don't think that that is any big deal and I certainly don't feel like a CD merely because I wear femme panties.

In fact I don't necessarily have to feel like a CD even when I'm wearing a skirt and heels. I just enjoy wearing certain types of clothes.

I'm curious what others think constitutes a crossdresser.

jessa
05-01-2006, 03:13 AM
I wear panties all the time now and before I would just wear lingerie when I wanted to feel femme but now wearing panties all the time is just dame comfortable! I think being a cder is what ever you think you want it to be. after all you are the one who has to be comfortable with want your doing,either small pits or dressing every chance you get.

Ellaine
05-01-2006, 03:23 AM
It's all in the mind...You are wot you iz...Who's to say who qualifies? ;)

Helen MC
05-01-2006, 03:42 AM
From the boy or man who secretly "underdresses" that is wears girls' or women's panties under his trousers whether for sexual or comfort reasons or as a combination of both, right across the spectrum to the biological and physical male who lives as a woman and dresses as such in public as well as private , all are Cross-dressers. It is question of degree and what the person feels comfortable with. I don't go outdoors en-femme as I would not pass as a woman, but I do underdress in panties 24/7 and indoors I dress as a woman, as I type this I am wearing a grey knee length A Line skirt, a white tee shirt and a pair of pink cotton full brief panties underneath, knee length pop socks and a padded bra and am in full "Helen" mode and as it is the Labour Day bank (public) holiday here in the UK I am going to have a nice "Girly Day" at home.

Kate Simmons
05-01-2006, 04:06 AM
Hi Deanna, As Ellaine says, you are what you iz. CD is kind of a generic term which covers a full spectrum of feelings and expression. Society being what it is or what it is perceived to be sets the "standard" for that. it's sort of a "peer pressure" thing really. Those of us who have a problem subjecting ourselves to that are considered "odd" or "different" and it's mostly based on ignorance and misunderstanding. Also, socially and biologically, each sex is expected to act and look in a certain way. This makes it easier for reproduction and courtship is just a social step in continuing the line in the human race. There's an old joke which goes like: "How do you tell the difference between a male chromosome and a female one?" The answer: "Pull down it's genes (jeans)". You can go into all kinds of definitions and explanations. Try an old "Hollywood Squares" type question:' I'm considered a crossdresser because................" You complete the answer yourself because everyone is different. There isn't one answer. I still prefer Ellaine's answer:"You are what you iz." Works for me..Take care, Ericka

Tiffy
05-01-2006, 08:05 AM
Does it really matter? We are what we are no matter what name you put on it. The name is just so people that are not like us will have some sort of generic term and definition to somewhat understand us by (or not). I am a transgendered person not matter what degree it is and I am a CD even though I do not go all out all the time. If we had an exact term for each variable degree of TG or CD we would need six more forum to cover it all. These terms are generic for those who are learning and those who need to class us. No worries..........Just be who you are or like mentioned even beter, just be who you is.

April Marie

Casey Morgan
05-01-2006, 08:30 AM
In fact I don't necessarily have to feel like a CD even when I'm wearing a skirt and heels.

That's an interesting statement. What do you think being a CD feels like? How do you feel when you feel like a CD compared to when you don't feel like a CD?

In my view (which I don't hold anyone else to) a man who wears panties could be a CD, or he could be a panty fetishist. I would say that a man who wears skirts and heels is a CD.

I'm wondering if your question might be based on why a man would wear womens clothing. What's the intent, or what message if any is he trying to send. I could be way off base here but I feel like this paragraph and my first one are connected, as you see things. Kind of like some times you feel like there's an intent to your CDing so you feel like a CD, and other times it's just you being you so you don't feel like a CD.

sharifemme
05-01-2006, 09:03 AM
I would say that anyone who wears clothing intended for the use of the other sex, is a crossdresser. Could be just panties or could be whole outfit. Could be transgender, or straight. Could be male or female. Could be hetero or homosexual. I feel that if you crossdress, you are a crossdresser.

It's like driving a motorcycle. You are a motorcyclist whether you drive one once a year or every day. Whether you ride an 80CC or a 1500CC.

Crossdresser, as a term, doesn't completely describe who you are but rather, one thing that you do. It doesn't tell anybody why you do it. It doesn't tell anybody about your sexuality, or whether you are having gender issues, or whether you just like the feel of the clothing or makeup.

Sharifemme
"The proud heterosexual MtoF transgender crossdresser and sissy"

HaleyPink2000
05-01-2006, 09:14 AM
Trannie “ Dictionary ” http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywo...n.html#trannie

4. trannie : Flamespeak, the online LBGT dictionary [home, info]
trannie (trah'-nee) adj. n.
A vulgar term for a transgendered person.

transgendered (trahnz-jehn'-derd) adj.
Term used to describe somebody who believes their gender differs from their sex (2). see pre-op, post-op, gender bender, trannie.

transvestite (trahnz-vehs'-tit) n.
A person who likes to dress in the clothes of the opposite sex (1). Transvestites are usually gay. compare crossdresser.

crossdresser (kraws'-dres-er) n.
A person who likes to dress in the clothes of the opposite sex (2). Crossdressers are usually straight. compare transvestite.

AZGia
05-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Do we really have to have a label because of the way we dress or can I just be me regardless of what I am wearing. The world needs to relax drop the labels and let people be themselves.

gender_blender
05-01-2006, 11:03 AM
I used to identify as a "crossdresser", but that was before hormones and my ability to pass as female on days I am feminine.

Transgenderism includes any cross-gender behavior, especially crossdressing. So identifying as "Transgendered", as I do now, covers everything.

Charlie

mellisa
05-01-2006, 12:43 PM
I have never worn make up, or a wig. The clothes are all I need. My wife and I have a good relation about my dressing. Have been doing it since I was a kid.I do paint my toe nails:D

Ellie
05-01-2006, 01:05 PM
To me, Crossdresser has always implied part-time dressed v. Transvestite that has always implied full-time dressed. Some say it is heterosexual (CD) v. homosexual (TV) but both wear clothing that is designed for and marketed to persons of an opposite physical gender.

No matter what the dictionary entry may be the question is what term you feel comfortable with.

For me crossdresser is the best description because I am not transitioning into being a woman just enjoying the feeling of being someone different for a while.

Toyah
05-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Hmmmm a CD is a small round silver object that has music on it hope this helps

Jennaie
05-01-2006, 04:03 PM
I liked to wear womens clothing when I was a tiny little boy/girl. I liked the way they felt, but not as much as the way they made me feel. I am transgendered.

Now if you go out and buy a pair of womens jeans just because they fit you better and look better on you than mens jeans, well, your not what I would define as a crossdresser.

My opinion is this, if your wearing the attire of the opposite sex because it makes you more comfortable inside, it makes you feel fem, it makes you feel masculine, it provides something that helps you identify yourself with the other sex, your a transgendered person, tv, ts, ftm, mtf, whatever.

It matters not what your sexual orientation is.

Eugenie
05-01-2006, 05:03 PM
In my naive interpretation I thought x-dressing meant putting on the other gender's clothes on rather than wearing your own genger clothes.

Then the reason why one would x-dress (I'll only speak of MtF here as that's the only one I have a little knowledge about) could be very different:

* Fun mascarade (not to be neglected as it is often a revealing experience...)
* Role playing in a show (some times called "transformists")
* Sexual fantazy (a way to get sexualy aroused)
* Fetishism, (mainly women underwear but not only)
* Nice feeling of soft materials (often a beginer's step in the direction of TG)
* Desire to live "en femme" part time (TG is becoming a big motivation)
* Desire to live "en femme" full time (Definitely TG)
* Adapts ones clothing to one's changed gender (postop transsexual)

Sorry for the extreme simplification of this analysis. Feel free to add on motivations for x-dressing and or correct if this is too coarse.

Love

Eugenie

Kate Simmons
05-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Eugenie, The only thing I could add to that list maybe is to have fun (for me at least). I really enjoy expressing myself as Ericka In more ways than one. Take care, Ericka:)

Deanna2
05-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Thanks for all the comments girls. The general impression I get is the term CD is all about labels (whether applied to folks who wear clothing designed for the other gender or little round silver things)

For the general population it is about categorizing people who act 'differently'. For those who do it, it about a frame of mind or an attitude.

From my perspective I'll wear femme gear because, well because, I enjoy it.

FionaAlexis
05-01-2006, 06:49 PM
No idea really. In fact I'm totally confused now after reading explanations of labels on here as they are often the reverse of what I thought.

Fiona xx

barbaracd
05-01-2006, 07:01 PM
I don't think you have to dress fully to be a cd. I wear under my work clothes everyday and enjoy lingerie when I want to just relax . I do consider myself to be a crossdresser.

Rachel1967
05-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Hi to all you girls,

To me a title is such as CD or TV is something that the rest of the world uses because they haven't got the the sense to see use for who we are and have to put use in a box with a general a label for every thing, or they can't deal with it.
What dos mater isn't Werther you you are a CD,TV or TS, we are who we are, that is what mater's regardless of the degree you cross dress.
People are people and we are people, not an it or that.
The level of clothing or makeup is irrelevant, it's what you feel is right for you that counts.
Go and let that hem down and have some fun.

There is on right or wrong, theres just you.

Love to you all Rachel:love:

TGMarla
05-01-2006, 07:41 PM
I yam what I yam....a guy who loves to wear dresses and "be" a girl now and then. I yam a crossdresser.

rachellenicole
05-01-2006, 10:57 PM
I am the most comfortable, and definately happiest, when I am wearing feminine attire. If that gets me the label of CD or TG then so be it. I love being Rachelle!

Adios Ladies,

Rachelle :love: