PDA

View Full Version : Eyebrow waxing

AllisonUK
11-11-2004, 11:01 AM
gone

genevieve_ohara
11-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Excellent thread Allison...I can't wait to see the after!

Love

G

Wenda
11-11-2004, 11:45 AM
waxing your eyebrows....ooooo, sounds a bit dangerous. looking forward to hearing how it turns out. wenda.

Julie
11-11-2004, 12:16 PM
Allison I hope all goes well for you this evening.

Julie J

Paula A
11-11-2004, 12:35 PM
Enjoy your pampering, can't wait to see the results,
Have fun.
I still pluk mine.

Wenda
11-11-2004, 12:46 PM
Looks great. Worth the effort? depends how much it cost and how long it took. I like it. wenda.

Julie
11-11-2004, 12:49 PM
Well at least all the wayward stuff has been removed Allison, it should make some difference after you put your slap on. :)

Julie J

Rachel Elizabeth
11-11-2004, 01:14 PM
;)

I tried waxing my own eyebrows and butchered them. I then scheduled an appointment at a salon. They were careful to just do shaping and clean up the first time. The second time, they placed a gentle arch. The next time they will be slightly more feminine.
We decided on this approach so that it would be gradual and not a stark a realization for others.

Now, here in the States, there is a new expression: the metrosexual. This alludes to the younger professional set...men, in particular...who have moved into getting facials, eye brow waxes, body waxes, etc.

If someone asks me, I just tell them that I am following the professional craze.
Actually, only a couple of people have even noticed.

Hugs.... ;)

Tamara Croft
11-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Just remember Allison that you cant put any makeup on them for at least 6 hours after the treatment or they could get infected. And no touching them with those fingers either no matter how tempting it is!

Tamara x

Sharon
11-11-2004, 01:42 PM
Allison:
Beautiful eyes!
Personally, I pluck my brows. The first time is pretty intense, especially if you have full bushy ones like I do. In fact, I had to spread the time over the course of a few days. Just too much time involved for one sitting!
But once I got them to where I was happy, it's simple to just maintain them - plucking a stray here and there every few days.
Sharon

babe4life
11-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Allison, I think it looks much better. Probably fantastic with the war paint on. Heck, when I went for one of my facials, the girl working on me asked if she could tidy up my eyebrows (not much to tidy though). Naturally, I said YES. :p I seem to have had a unibrow thing in the making with a few stray hairs. LOL

And, I just want to add: THOSE EYES! WOW!

Love,
Vicky

Tamara Croft
11-11-2004, 02:13 PM
Most beauticians forget everything they were trained to do which in my opinion is totally unacceptable. Its the same with all waxing in general. You don't touch the area that has been done. You do not put any perfumed products on the area for at least 24 hours on large areas such as legs. Bikini lines are the worst areas for getting infected. I hope she put afterwax on your eyebrows after she finished them or they could get infected. GRRRRRRRRR makes me so damn annoyed how many beauticians forget the most important things....... If you want anymore tips regarding waxing girlz I will put together a list of do's and don'ts for you.

Tamara x

Paula A
11-11-2004, 02:23 PM
Allison

They look good, They will look even better when the redness goes away in a day or so. nice eyes too.

overtime you can pluk the brow a bit and create a gental arch, if you make your changes gradually it seams that no one is the wiser to the new look.

Sometimes I think the largest obstical in our way comes from deep within our own minds, its something of our own creation - to a point. It takes great courage to take these small steps. sounds like you had a good experiance and tried something new. way to go girl!

StephanieCD
11-11-2004, 07:59 PM
I have to say the difference is quite nice! I got mine done a couple of times and I remember how hot I felt in drab or drag - subtle but real nice, ya know? No one noticed anything, either. I wouldn't worry about your coworkers if I were you - just get 'em done with your hair once in a while, they look great :)

genevieve_ohara
11-11-2004, 08:02 PM
I couldn't wait to see the results! Well, they are neater, definitely...but my guess? The beautician figured you wanted 'guy' brows. Neat, but still full and manly. Nonetheless, they look GREAT.

And allow me to second..or is it fifth? the comments about your eyes...GORGEOUS....and I wish you and all our overseas darlings were here...right next to me on the couch!

Love

G

Wenda
11-11-2004, 08:12 PM
Took15-20 minutes,
cost me £8.00
which is about C$17.64
or US$14.74
or 11.42 Euros
:)

Was worth it as they just look neater, as a feminising move however I'm not so happy with it.
Definitely worth it. When the redness leaves, they will look great! wenda.

Wenda
11-11-2004, 08:16 PM
Allison:
Beautiful eyes!
Personally, I pluck my brows. The first time is pretty intense, especially if you have full bushy ones like I do. In fact, I had to spread the time over the course of a few days. Just too much time involved for one sitting!
But once I got them to where I was happy, it's simple to just maintain them - plucking a stray here and there every few days.
Sharon
Same here. I had quite bushy eyebrows, with some white hairs that were the first to go, then some very coarse black hairs (that hurt). I worked on them over a period of a couple weeks. If I took out too many at one time, the area would get very red. It also made it less noticeable, but no one has commented. wenda.

Stephanie Brooks
11-11-2004, 09:01 PM
Hi Allison!

They look fine. Yes, the difference is subtle, but they do look neater.

I wouldn't imagine you'd want them to be too fine, would you? I equate it to jewelry. Even though we want to look as women, most of us aren't going to fall into the petite category.

I'm not that large for a man, but as a woman I'm at the upper end of the size spectrum. Little tiny pieces of jewelry either look funny on me or are lost. While "big-n-bushy" eyebrows aren't exactly feminine, fine pencil-line brows might look equally out of place.

Just a thought. Does that make sense?

DanaJ
11-11-2004, 09:30 PM
I have posted this before, but eyebrow waxes in my opinion really makes a big difference in a male vs female face. And, I used to freak out after getting mine done, but no one ever seems to notice (or at least comment about). And as some of my Yahoo Messenger contacts who have seen more of my close up pics can attest, some of my brow shapings have been pretty thin and femme looking.....

DanaJ

Sharon
11-12-2004, 02:14 AM
Same here. I had quite bushy eyebrows, with some white hairs that were the first to go, then some very coarse black hairs (that hurt). I worked on them over a period of a couple weeks. If I took out too many at one time, the area would get very red. It also made it less noticeable, but no one has commented. wenda.

The people you see every day don't notice the subtle day-to-day change, but those you don't see for a while certainly do, especially when you used to get comments on how heavy and long they were! Just shrug your shoulders and pass it off as some sort of Metrosexual thing. Also -- I wear small round glasses(John Lennon style) that sit just below my brows like some sort of pedestal!

Rachel_740
11-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Allison,

Your eyebrows look great after. I have mine done quite arched and I've been very pleased with the results.

I'm getting a bit more experienced at BEING waxed now. I've had my eyebrows done twice now, my legs once and my back (real big OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) once. I'm booked in to have my legs and eyebrows done again next week, and again just before xmas (although I might bring that one forward by a week because my legs are getting very hairy (and unsitghtly and un-girlie) now.

I did try doing my legs myself (after a little advice from Tamara when she first came here) but I think it's much better having it done. I can stand someone inflicting a bt of pain more that self-inflicted pain, and it's done properly.

Rachel